Zgemma H9S SE freeze and resume

tipunch47

HI Everyone,

I have a retailer-installed ZGEMMA H9S SE which receives satellite channels (Astra 1) and IPTV streams.
The retailer probably did an automatic (copy/paste from USB key) installation and cannot/will not rovide detailed assistance.

I have the following issue: the setbox works very well except that the picture freezes occasionnally (particularly on satellite), there is no sound, and after a while (30"-60") it resumes.
I suspect that it is NOT the satellite transmission because: if I switch from the frozen channel to its nearest, then switching back to the original channel, it is working again.
These freeze-interruptions can occur over a long period, at 30-40 minute intervals. If I reboot the Zgemma STB there is no change.
I have tried to discover the configurations. The only thing I can identify are the HiSilicon logo that appears briefly upon boot, and the OpenPli vers 8.2 that loads before streams are listed.
Can anyone tech-savy help with this?
It really would be appreciated. Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Do you have the IPTV and satellite line details ?

If you do you could try them on another device, if then you get the same issues its the servers. if you dont reflash the zgemma with something else and use Jedimaker extreme for the IPTv side.

Gee, what a quick response. Appreciated. Unfortunately I have neither the IPTV nor the satellite supplier details. Retailer doesn't want to give these, on ordering he just asked for the MAC # of the box. Is it possible to deduce these data (ie the provider) from the files on the box, which I can access via the app "e2Remote" / ftp client ? No, I do not have another satellite compatible box, only the SMART TV Bravia. I do not know what Jedimaker extreme is, I will investigate. Final note : my computers are all MAC. Thanks for your assistance. M

You would be far better off using the sony tv to run the iptv its an android device so can install providers own apps.

Thanks for advice, I will investigate reception of satellite stream (with languages choice option which is a must) on the Bravia. But my main concern is to get the Zgemma unit and its existing satellite offer working properly without freezes.

Thanks for advice, I will investigate reception of satellite stream (with languages choice option which is a must) on the Bravia. But my main concern is to get the Zgemma unit and its existing satellite offer working properly without freezes.
What channels are you trying to watch on 19.2 east? Movistar+?
Are you useing CCcam or OScam?

Gee, what a quick response. Appreciated. Unfortunately I have neither the IPTV nor the satellite supplier details. Retailer doesn't want to give these, on ordering he just asked for the MAC # of the box. Is it possible to deduce these data (ie the provider) from the files on the box, which I can access via the app "e2Remote" / ftp client ? No, I do not have another satellite compatible box, only the SMART TV Bravia. I do not know what Jedimaker extreme is, I will investigate. Final note : my computers are all MAC. Thanks for your assistance. M
So is it stalker portal the box is using for IPTV ?

If you have FTP access you could recover the details of your line well in theory

If you can ftp into the box ill provide more details on where to find lines etc.

have a look in the root/etc folder for a CCcam.cfg
or look in root/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam/oscam.server

There should be a sofcam manager option in the menu section of the box and that should show what cam is running.assuming you are using sat to get these channels and not iptv

sounds like a provider issue. try it on a free to air channel....freezing/resuming suggests it is server side & not your signal (poor signal strength/quality would give pixilation & picture break up & in bad weather, you would likely lose all reception). if your box is connected wirelessly, drop outs in signal could also cause the symptoms......again, wifi connection can be disrupted if there is heavy demand on bandwidth elsewhere in the home, ie video streaming (eg netflix, youtube)....for optimal performance, use a lan connection.

Back