ZGemma | Help | 'Error - Tune Failed' | Supposed to be plug & play

MrThing

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Zgemma box of a link to Amazon with gift.

It doesn't work, I have plugged it in and connected ethernet and HDMI, aerial as it stated in user manual.

Getting error message 'Tune Failed'

Can see full channel list, just none of them load. Can see the 'Sky' style GUI but can't watch TV.

I just tried restarting GUI but that didn't help, and, I can't scroll accross the 'Sky' GUI to the setting menu either.

What's is really pissing me off, is that I bought a supposed 'plug&play' box under my Mrs account as I couldn't be arsed going through the hassle of setting it up.

Please help, how do I get it working?

Thanks.

The Thing

Which zgemma you got. h1 / 2S
what image is on it. Menu... information... about
How many cables you got going on the box. 1 or 2.
Has it got auto bouquets makers installed on it. Menu... Setup... services searching

Hi Kiddac,

Its a 2s box.

There are aerial ports for to aerial ins and a loop. This I've set up as per the manual, and also checked against my old Openbox that died, so I know the hardware is set up OK. It appears to be problem with box.

Installed Software

TSMedia
Kodi Direct

Plugins

Cross EPG Downloader
Facebook
Kodi Direct
KodiUtils
LiveFootBall
MediaScanner

It has the Sky Blue theme installed.

If anyone has experience, I can FTP and edit code, I'm not a noob to tech. Just need a simple guide to preblem solving and set up.

Please be mindful that I am against a full factory reset as I have paid for a 'gift' and don't want to wipe this.

If the lad who sold this to me on Amazon under the same of 'Kelly Hamilton,' please sort your shit out.

Thanks.

The Thing.

zgemma-star-2s-rear-big-tuners-gw.png

If yuo have 2 cables from your sat box plug them into A & B. Make sure the fconnectors haven't come loose.

Your Tuners (Menu..Setup... Service Searching... Tuner configuration) should be set up as
Simple
Single
28.2e
No

If you have only 1 cable from your dish plug it in A. Then disable tuner B in Menu..Setup... Service Searching... Tuner configuration... select tuner B ... configuration mode not configured.

After that we will do a standard scan to see if it's picking up any channels . Menu... Setup... Service Searching... Automatic scan.
Network scan... yes
clear before scan...yes
scan tuner a... yes

Press green to scan. go make a brew. Takes about 10 minutes this long scan.

Come back to me if you get any results from that. And then I will make sure your auto bouquets makers is setup properly.

Additional - Just checked the 'Auto Bouqets Maker' and the correct providers are selected.

I did a channel scan which progressed, but no channels were found.

I'm pulling my hair out. Please help

This sounds like a problem with the LNB cable have you another box you can test the cable on to see if they are definitley working? , sometimes if the metal clips are not tight down they dont work 100%

yes he only has one line in! thats your issue mate!! you need two lnb cables to work best with zgemma thats why its failing

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ----------

you need one in top and one in bottom left , you can make it a single tuner but in that case you should of got the openbox

See post 4 :) job done, I'm out of here. Couldn't have sorted this first post if the questions were answered correctly. Have fun.

His openbox died, he mentioned that in his first post. Zgemmas are miles better than openbox, you only need 2 lines if you want to record and timeshift. Apart from that it's a worthy upgrade and can fully use his zgemma.

View attachment 14242

If yuo have 2 cables from your sat box plug them into A & B. Make sure the fconnectors haven't come loose.

Your Tuners (Menu..Setup... Service Searching... Tuner configuration) should be set up as
Simple
Single
28.2e
No

If you have only 1 cable from your dish plug it in A. Then disable tuner B in Menu..Setup... Service Searching... Tuner configuration... select tuner B ... configuration mode not configured.

After that we will do a standard scan to see if it's picking up any channels . Menu... Setup... Service Searching... Automatic scan.
Network scan... yes
clear before scan...yes
scan tuner a... yes

Press green to scan. go make a brew. Takes about 10 minutes this long scan.

Come back to me if you get any results from that. And then I will make sure your auto bouquets makers is setup properly.

Thank u very much, scan working and will be good to go in no time! Once again the friendly crew on Tech Kings sort it out. By far the best forum I've ever had the privilege of being on!!

Lets hope the drive for new members doesn't bring all the grade a losers that ruin most other forums!

Very happy!!

Back