Zgemma "no signal" with samsung smart tv

I recently purchased the zgemma h9s and a 2020 samsung tv,

i'm getting a "no signal" msg on the tv - tried changing resolution etc and different hdmi cables/ports

there is a workaround whereby i connect the zgemma into my xbox one x, and the xbox into the tv - but i dont prefer this as the xbox usually belongs in another room

any thoughts?

i'm getting a "no signal" msg on the tv - tried changing resolution etc and different hdmi cables/ports

there is a workaround whereby i connect the zgemma into my xbox one x, and the xbox into the tv - but i dont prefer this as the xbox usually belongs in another room

any thoughts?
This will be a setting on the TV not the box
Try the box on a different TV to see what settings work best

This will be a setting on the TV not the box
Try the box on a different TV to see what settings work best

thanks for the reply - tried it on another TV and it works completely fine without changing the settings. Any specific settings/setup i need to take a look at within the box/TV?

I'm not familiar with that TV so I don't know.
I'd suggest it's something concerning the input
Try different hdmi ports on the tv

I'm not familiar with that TV so I don't know.
I'd suggest it's something concerning the input
Try different hdmi ports on the tv

tried that on the two ports the TV has, as well as different cables. Odd that it takes it via the XBOX. Any way there's another device which does the same? I tried a HDMI splitter too but to no avail

change the settings on both devices to the lowest resolution and work your way up through the settings................i.e set tv to 720 and box to 720 and then work your way up till it cuts out and go back to the last working point........

press source on your remote and select the hdmi which is connected to your zgemma if its a 4k tv put that hdmi stting to 1080 and same on box

change the settings on both devices to the lowest resolution and work your way up through the settings................i.e set tv to 720 and box to 720 and then work your way up till it cuts out and go back to the last working point........

unfortunately I can't modify the resolution setting on the TV, and the box doesn't support 4K. Would changing it on the box alone be a worthy option? Or is there another route we can explore?

Thanks for all your help

Are you sure as the H9s is a 4K box is it not, make sure you know what port your hdmi cable is in like hdmi 1 or 2 or 3.On remote select your hdmi source hdmi 1 or 2 or 3.Power on box and see what happens.When units are powered off make sure cables are fully inserted.
Some boxes or tvs ports need to setup before use so go thru the wizard in setup and check with webif to see your settings

Are you sure as the H9s is a 4K box is it not, make sure you know what port your hdmi cable is in like hdmi 1 or 2 or 3.On remote select your hdmi source hdmi 1 or 2 or 3.Power on box and see what happens.When units are powered off make sure cables are fully inserted.
Some boxes or tvs ports need to setup before use so go thru the wizard in setup and check with webif to see your settings

Oh I was unaware it was a 4k actually. I can try see whether there's a settiing on there to adjust the box's resolution to 4k just like the TV? Not sure that would help.

Have been trying it in HDMI 1 and 2, whilst switching between them. It seems to work fine with my XBOX but just a bit strange it doesn't work with the ZGemma. The wizard unfortunately only takes brands such as virgin, bt, sky etc... so doesn't seem to automatically reocgnise this as a satellite box.

Tv settings should say if its 4k uhd model.

I have a Sony Bravia and its set for 4k and box in use is Zgemma h7s 4k.

The wizard is on the zgemma for setting up in first use and if you cant see the tv screen use webif on pc/laptop.

Press the 'V.MODE' button on the zgemma remote to cycle through the resolution options.

Thanks for the responses. Tried changing setting on box to 4k but still no results unfortunately. VMODE tactic also didn't result in anything. Just seems that the TV is refusing to pick up the box configured on those settings. Ssamsung said the TV does not manually change resolution, but wondering why it doesn't automatically scale to 1080? if i connect a laptop in then that works fine

any thoughts?
Press SOURCE on TV Remote and select the relevant source/s showing on screen, may say 'unknown' or 'cable box' ...

Tried that and unfortunately it doesn't work on that TV. Is there any setting on the box that I can modify to send the signal through to the TV?
Press MENU on Zgemma Remote, Setup, Video, Basic Settings...
Video output = HDMI, Auto res = disabled, Mode = 1080p, Refresh rate = multi
Press MENU, Setup. System, HDMI-CEC, enabled=yes/no ... see if makes any difference.
Also try power cycle, reboot, etc. to try and get the box and tv 'talking' to each other.

Press MENU on Zgemma Remote, Setup, Video, Basic Settings...
Video output = HDMI, Auto res = disabled, Mode = 1080p, Refresh rate = multi
Press MENU, Setup. System, HDMI-CEC, enabled=yes/no ... see if makes any difference.
Also try power cycle, reboot, etc. to try and get the box and tv 'talking' to each other.

Hmm unfortunately that didn't seem to work. Have also tried modifying the resolutino to 4k to suit the TV but that doesn't send any signal either. any other suggestions?

Hmm unfortunately that didn't seem to work. Have also tried modifying the resolutino to 4k to suit the TV but that doesn't send any signal either. any other suggestions?
There may be a problem with the TV ! My Samsung 4k TV works on all hdmi whatever is connected! Also it it automatically adjusts optimum picture quality! The only time it didn't was when my Shield refused to play with a inferior hdmi cable!
The TV seems to be not too smart, if it's new contact the seller!

Sorry I have no other suggestions... I have 4 Zgemma H5 boxes and each one is connected to a Samsung Smart TV. Never had any issues, they just connect automatically.

Last edited:
Back