Zgemma "no signal" with samsung smart tv

just a thought have you tried a factory reset on tv with everything plugged to see whether it picks up box when going thru setup

Samsung reps had remotely connected into the TV and found no fault. they mentioned that it possibly is down to one of the settings in the zgemma box. Not sure if there are other configurations you guys think I should play with on the zgemma? thanks for your help

Are you able to check your configurations via webif?
Any of you your mates got a zgemma h9 to try.
I do hope you dont mess with cables while units are powered on?
I assume you cannot see anything on tv like menu when you press the zgemma remote buttons.

Might tv need a software update?

\

Have you changed the configuration on the box to allow that?

After I flash the box, it restarts and I see the Video Wizard. Using remote, I select HDMI and press OK.
On the next screen I am asked if I want to use automatic detection, and I press OK
This shows the resolutions my TV can handle. I select the one best suited to my TV 1080p.
Lastly I select the best screen resolution for my TV. In general, selecting 50Hz is great for the UK but I select multi.

Are you able to check your configurations via webif?
Any of you your mates got a zgemma h9 to try.
I do hope you dont mess with cables while units are powered on?
I assume you cannot see anything on tv like menu when you press the zgemma remote buttons.

Might tv need a software update?

\
sorry what's webif? And no, don't know anyone else with the box. Will ask supplier to bring a replacement though

Nah have tried a few buttons but no joy (such as v.mode)

Guys - if I connect the zgemma to my xbox (xbox has a hdmi in) - then the xbox to the tv, it works fine. Problem with this though is that the xbox doesnt belong downstairs (usually in another room) .

Can you think of any other devices which would take a HDMI in and then an out? I tried a splitter which already had a hdmi out cable built in but it didn't work. I suspect it might need to actually be a device as opposed to a splitter/adapter? I could be wrong...

Guys - if I connect the zgemma to my xbox (xbox has a hdmi in) - then the xbox to the tv, it works fine. Problem with this though is that the xbox doesnt belong downstairs (usually in another room) .

Can you think of any other devices which would take a HDMI in and then an out? I tried a splitter which already had a hdmi out cable built in but it didn't work. I suspect it might need to actually be a device as opposed to a splitter/adapter? I could be wrong...
just reflash your box m8 via usb whilst plugged into tv then wait for start-up screen then select which setting is showing up on tv screen

Was just thinking about this as a workaround but need your guys advice. I have a spare laptop. Could I, using a HDMI/USB capture card (which I'd need to purchase - only £8), connect the box to the laptop via that route - and then the laptop to the TV via HDMI/HDMI? I assume I'd need a capture software such as OBS/VLC/etc...

Would that be an option? I dont mind having the spare laptop there for now as not using it anyways

Are hdmi ports on laptop one way only =out to tv screen.

Webif is using on your laptop or pc the ip of box in your browser like 192.168.0.20

Are hdmi ports on laptop one way only =out to tv screen.

Webif is using on your laptop or pc the ip of box in your browser like 192.168.0.20

Yep - but the capture card takes a hdmi as an input, via usb, which you can then feed into the laptop. Then, using the laptops HDMI, we can present that on the screen. That's my understanding at least

What other video output can we use apart from a HDMI? I feel like that would be worth a shot. Willing to buy an adapter or anything for it

Back