Zgemma recordings onto pc?

scours81

I have the 2s, with 16gb USB stick for recordings.

is it possible to put these on the pc or laptop so I can burn to DVD for example? I put my USB stick in laptop and didn't do anything ?

cheers

Ftp them out is the easiest and quickest way I find
just take out the .ts (if I remember right) then vlc or plex will play them no problem
but you can convert them

The format of the USB stick (Ext4) means that it can't be read\viewed on a Windows PC

You can FTP the Recordings from the USB while plugged into the 2S box to your PC and watch them\burn that way if you are familiar with using an FTP client, they are found in HDD\Movies folder

You can also put a stick in the front USB port and use dreambox explorer to copy from hdd movies folder to front stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the 2s, with 16gb USB stick for recordings.

is it possible to put these on the pc or laptop so I can burn to DVD for example? I put my USB stick in laptop and didn't do anything ?

cheers

i copy the .ts file over to pc, change the name of the .ts to mp4 file and it plays no problem. the files are located here:

Screen Shot 01-24-17 at 04.28 PM.jpg

The format of the USB stick (Ext4) means that it can't be read\viewed on a Windows PC

You can FTP the Recordings from the USB while plugged into the 2S box to your PC and watch them\burn that way if you are familiar with using an FTP client, they are found in HDD\Movies folder

thats a openvix only problem tbh and one reasons ive never used or liked openvix with all the crap you have to do with usb's or harddrives. openatv and openpli both allow usb drives formatted to fat32 to be used, meaning you can easy pull the drive from the box and use it in a pc with no issues

ive only ever used ext4 formatted HDDs with Linux boxes, be it Vix,OpenATV, HD Freaks or Openpli, all the guides recommend this to, wouldnt use a MAC formatted USB stick for a windows PC would U?!

I just find the best way is to use Open Webif, and you can go into your recordings and download them to your PC.

A few years old, but if you are like me and you'd prefer to just whack the stick in a PC and grab the files, ignore what Windows says about formatting.

Download an app called DiskInternals Linux Reader, then you'll be able to see your files.

The file structure is the same as listed above, be sure to go into the folder itself, the preview claims no files, but that's not the case.

The videos are easily identified by their thumbnails, select what you want, click 'save' and pick a folder on your PC to save to.

Then I personally convert using Handbrake, edit using your app of choice (I use Video Pad) to cut out ads and start and finish.

It outputs in once choice of format only though, so back into Handbrake to convert to your format of choice.

Probably better ways, but that's how I do it.

Back