Zgemma Wooshbuild external USB HDD not recognised

hey guys
I hope you can help, just recently moved over to the H2S from a VU Duo, and I am having problems setting up the External HDD.
the HDD was originally in the VU DUO and worked a treat, now I have had to buy an external caddy to connect the HDD up to the box but for some reason the box doesn't recognise anything is connected.

under menu-> information -> devices there is nothing listed here.
the usb port does work because originally the USB I used to flash the box was being shown here

under setup -> system I don't see the options for Storage device

I have connected the caddy to my PC and that works fine, and managed to reformat the HDD successfully but when connecting it back to the STB it still does not recognise that anything is connected..

anybody have any ideas what could be going on here..?

Does the hdd caddy have its own power supply? The H2s may not have sufficient power from its usb port for it to be used otherwise

What I did was turn off the caddy and turn off the stb from the white button after going into deep stand by

I've turned the HDD Caddy on and then the box..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Only way I can think of is to ftp to your box find the IPtv player cache folder and copy it to your desktop. When you reinstall and have installed Iptv player run it once to install the extras it needs don't update it though. Reconnect to box via filezilla and delete the IPtv player cache folder it has installed then ftp the one on your desktop back over. The cache folder holds all the settings for IPtv player and will save you having to trawl through the list disabling the addons you don't use, as to favourites I don't use this but would guess it's information is in the cache folder as well. Can't guarantee this though

I put the firmware in the title of the post....
So you did and I missed it completely and so did steptoe ny the look of it, consider our wrists slapped steptoe bud. Unused to people actually putting relevant info in the title

Last edited:
Only way I can think of is to ftp to your box find the IPtv player cache folder and copy it to your desktop. When you reinstall and have installed Iptv player run it once to install the extras it needs don't update it though. Reconnect to box via filezilla and delete the IPtv player cache folder it has installed then ftp the one on your desktop back over. The cache folder holds all the settings for IPtv player and will save you having to trawl through the list disabling the addons you don't use, as to favourites I don't use this but would guess it's information is in the cache folder as well. Can't guarantee this though

thanks. I will try that...

So you did and I missed it completely and so did steptoe ny the look of it, consider our wrisrs slapped steptoe bud. Unused to people actually putting relevant info in the title
no probs...

I will try to get hold of my supplier to see if he can setup new QR code before I wipe the box

Do you have a paid Iptv service on box as well as Iptv player for all the catch up. As what I described will only work for the IPtv player plugin by samsamsam and probably not with a paid service

Do you have a paid Iptv service on box as well as Iptv player for all the catch up. As what I described will only work for the IPtv player plugin by samsamsam and probably not with a paid service
Yes I do.
I'm on about the samsam plugin, took a while to sieve through all them plugins to find ones that were decent

Wooshbuild v6

Is there a way to back up favourites in the iptv player?

There is a plugin done by Beni to clear the crap out of the free iptv app.
To install it press green button > down to wooshbuild > iptv player icon updater. might be worth a look

Back