19.2e

Sure I have seen dream edit plugin on th box already,

Are these just plugins I can download by going to plugins on the box or do I manually need to put them onto the box

It was dreamboxedit I was thinking of, wasn't far off. Just download it to your PC and add the bouquets you'd like and add your sub then off you go scanning for the channels.

Ok, thanks for that. I've been having a look at the DiseqC switch that I have at the moment(never looked at it since the day it was installed, so bear with me).
I've attached a pic as well, which may serve better than my explanation, but here goes anyway!
So, in the picture you can see two feeds at the back of the switch(one for 19.2, and one for 13.0). At the front I just have one cable coming out of the switch, and this leads into my technomate box, providing channels from both of these satellites.
Just to reiterate I have 2 dishes, one sky dish at 28.2, and the other dish with 2 lnb's pointing at 19.2 and 13.
So, if I were to purchase a new diseq switch with a 3 or 4 way splitter rather than the 2 way that I currently have, could I plug one of my feeds from 28.2(to go with the feeds for 19.2 and 13)into the new switch, run one cable out of the switch to the zgemma(hopefully bringing feeds from the 3 satellites), and then finally plug my remaining feed from the 28.2 dish into the other lnb input on my zgemma, thereby still enabling me to record one channel and watch another on 28.2, but adding the other 2 satellites for good measure?
diseqcswitch.jpg

You wouldn't be able to record 1 channel and watch another with only 1 cable from the 28.2 dish.

Read what he wrote again. He's going to have one LNB on the second dish pointing at 28.2E and of course the first dish is already pointing to that.

Read what he wrote again. He's going to have one LNB on the second dish pointing at 28.2E and of course the first dish is already pointing to that.

You wouldn't be able to record 1 channel and watch another with only 1 cable from the 28.2 dish.
That's true enough, but I have a dual feed coming from my dish at 28.2, so with the hypothetical set up that I described if I had a disecQ 3 way splitter with my 19.2, 13.0 and one of my 28.2 leads all running through the switch, and have the other input lead from the 28.2 running into the 2nd lnb in, on the zgemma? Would this work?

Er, yes - I guess it would... I have never used a disecq switch before (I have motorised) but with a little tweaking with tuner config i'm sure it'll be doable.

Ok, thanks for that. I've been having a look at the DiseqC switch that I have at the moment(never looked at it since the day it was installed, so bear with me).
I've attached a pic as well, which may serve better than my explanation, but here goes anyway!
So, in the picture you can see two feeds at the back of the switch(one for 19.2, and one for 13.0). At the front I just have one cable coming out of the switch, and this leads into my technomate box, providing channels from both of these satellites.
Just to reiterate I have 2 dishes, one sky dish at 28.2, and the other dish with 2 lnb's pointing at 19.2 and 13.
So, if I were to purchase a new diseq switch with a 3 or 4 way splitter rather than the 2 way that I currently have, could I plug one of my feeds from 28.2(to go with the feeds for 19.2 and 13)into the new switch, run one cable out of the switch to the zgemma(hopefully bringing feeds from the 3 satellites), and then finally plug my remaining feed from the 28.2 dish into the other lnb input on my zgemma, thereby still enabling me to record one channel and watch another on 28.2, but adding the other 2 satellites for good measure?
View attachment 22882
As you have said, you have 2 cables coming from 28E, (from a twin lnb I presume), then it will work,

Last edited:
Ah, that's not quite right. Probably the way I described the set up.
I've only got one lnb for 28.2 but it has a dual feed, so I have two input leads running from it, both of which go into my zgemma at the moment.
I want to know if it would be possible to run one of these inputs through the disecQ switch, and the other input into the zgemma, thus giving me 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0 on one lnb input on the zgemma, and my other 28.2 feed running into in the 2nd lnb in on the zgemma.

Still effectively the same thing, isn't it? From a functional point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, that's not quite right. Probably the way I described the set up.
I've only got one lnb for 28.2 but it has a dual feed, so I have two input leads running from it, both of which go into my zgemma at the moment.
I want to know if it would be possible to run one of these inputs through the disecQ switch, and the other input into the zgemma, thus giving me 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0 on one lnb input on the zgemma, and my other 28.2 feed running into in the 2nd lnb in on the zgemma.
A twin lnb is an lnb with dual feeds.

Last edited:
Yeah but the second tuner on his box is going to be connected to the disecq switch. Though it seems to me, running the second feed from the first dish into the switch will, for all intents and purposes, be effectively the same thing as having one feed from one dish and one from another for 28.2E.

Yeah but the second tuner on his box is going to be connected to the disecq switch. Though it seems to me, running the second feed from the first dish into the switch will, for all intents and purposes, be effectively the same thing as having one feed from one dish and one from another for 28.2E.
Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping.
It'd be nice to hear if anyone else has already got a setup like this though, before I go and buy a new switch, not they're that expensive.
As Dave 007 alluded to earlier today, there's no real point in me shelling out for a new box if my zgemma can handle multiple sats.
Just want to get my ducks in a row before I buy anything.

It'd be nice to hear if anyone else has already got a setup like this though, before I go and buy a new switch, not they're that expensive.
As Dave 007 alluded to earlier today, there's no real point in me shelling out for a new box if my zgemma can handle multiple sats.
A twin lnb is an lnb with dual feeds.
Just been outside for a gander and it appears to be a Sky quad LNB that I have(one LNB with 4 outputs), with two outputs in use.
It's the same dish that I used in the past with my old Sky+ box, where you needed two inputs due to Sky+ having two tuners.

No it's a program on a computer. Though you can upload them easily enough once you've created the bouquets. I'll have a look when I get in tonight if nobody's added to this.

I don't have a motorised dish so will that cause a problem? Sorry for the question as you know I'm kinda new to this especially the new satellite and Euro lines etc.

Just been outside for a gander and it appears to be a Sky quad LNB that I have(one LNB with 4 outputs), with two outputs in use.
It's the same dish that I used in the past with my old Sky+ box, where you needed two inputs due to Sky+ having two tuners.
As I said before there's no reason why a new diseqc switch won't work, here's one for lesss than a fiver,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DiSEqC-Sa...613052?hash=item5649d0dffc:g:on0AAOxyYBJSMHZm
Good Luck.

I don't have a motorised dish so will that cause a problem? Sorry for the question as you know I'm kinda new to this especially the new satellite and Euro lines etc.

Won't cause a problem, just depends on the type of setup you're after. If you get a multi lnb rack, just stick the satellites you're pointing at in, and then remove what won't clear. If you're just shifting the dish to 19.2E then only use bouquets from this obviously.

Won't cause a problem, just depends on the type of setup you're after. If you get a multi lnb rack, just stick the satellites you're pointing at in, and then remove what won't clear. If you're just shifting the dish to 19.2E then only use bouquets from this obviously.
Cool so what's the first thing I do? I just set up a H2S last night with OpenATV 6 and wooshbuilds latest build.

So you know am using a communal dish but can pick up 19.2E, 28.2E and other satalite & strong signals with all of them.

That's where I am at now. Do I need to delete the bouquet I created for 28.4 and is so how do I do this What things do I need to download? And do I need a Euro sub?

First of all I'd try and do a channel scan to make sure you actually can get a signal for these satellites because my signal meter shows a strong signal no matter what satellite I have my tuner set up to look for but it's actually the signal for 28.2E.

You don't need to delete the UK bouquets if you're wanting to use that, just set one tuner to whatever other satellite you're after (think you're limited to one with your setup). Then you need to download that program I mentioned. Not really sure how that works though for other channel lists as I've only ever used it for sky bouquets on my old enigma1 box so can't help you there unfortunately. But yeah you'll need a Euro sub - though there's also free to air channels you'll pick up if you can scan them in.

Back