American Bully XL

"If your dog is a banned breed but the court does not believe it to be a danger to the public, it may be put on the Index of Exempt Dogs, which will allow you to keep it. In this circumstance, you'll be given a Certificate of Exemption that is valid for the life of the dog - but you'll need to follow strict rules.
That's all well and good but how does the court know if the dog is a danger? you could say any dog is not a danger until that one time it attacks someone causing them major injury.

I think it's sad that banning a breed is considerred as I do think owners are the problem, but unless there is a way of monitoring dogs welbeing on a regular basis, if a breed is involved in a number of attacks then I can't see any other way of dealing with the problem.

I think one of the key concerns is that these dogs are too powerful to fight off. I'm sure there are quite a few sh*t owners out there with labradors, chihuahuas, etc. But if one those bit you, a kick or two should be enough to fight them off. (Even smacking them with my fish may work :LOL: )

That's all well and good but how does the court know if the dog is a danger? you could say any dog is not a danger until that one time it attacks someone causing them major injury.

I think it's sad that banning a breed is considerred as I do think owners are the problem, but unless there is a way of monitoring dogs welbeing on a regular basis, if a breed is involved in a number of attacks then I can't see any other way of dealing with the problem.

What would you suggest the best course of action is?

I think one of the key concerns is that these dogs are too powerful to fight off. I'm sure there are quite a few sh*t owners out there with labradors, chihuahuas, etc. But if one those bit you, a kick or two should be enough to fight them off. (Even smacking them with my fish may work :LOL: )
They are powerful dogs but just think over the years they’ve blamed Rottweilers/dobermans/German Shepard’s/ staffy/xl bully what breed next.
My mate is a dog trainer and part of k9 security he nice said a big dog you kinda predict what there going to do but your little dogs are so unpredictable.
there isn’t going to a best cause of action cause either way if they don’t ban them they will be protests if they ban them there’s going to be protests.
If I remember rightly in 2023 alone there’s been 77k dog attacks but obviously the news figures could have added onto it.
Is it not a law that you can only breed 3 litters of any dog then have to get a license I could be wrong on that.

there isn’t going to a best cause of action cause either way if they don’t ban them they will be protests if they ban them there’s going to be protests.

So you'll dispute every single post I make on the thread but you won't post an opinion on what you think should happen from here?

Here - I believe it's really unfair that a breed of dogs has received the reputation it has because of irresponsible owners but these kind of dogs will always be seen as the ultimate status dog to some, and in the wrong hands they're proven killing machines. I don't think it's fair to euthanise much loved family pets so existing dogs of the breed should be allowed to stay, with some sort of licencing, monitoring and insurance, and a ban on breeding which can be achieved by mandatory neutering, although there will obviously still be some kind of underground trade of the breed as there is pitbulls.

That's my opinion on it Baz, what's yours?

So you'll dispute every single post I make on the thread but you won't post an opinion on what you think should happen from here?

Here - I believe it's really unfair that a breed of dogs has received the reputation it has because of irresponsible owners but these kind of dogs will always be seen as the ultimate status dog to some, and in the wrong hands they're proven killing machines. I don't think it's fair to euthanise much loved family pets so existing dogs of the breed should be allowed to stay, with some sort of licencing, monitoring and insurance, and a ban on breeding which can be achieved by mandatory neutering, although there will obviously still be some kind of underground trade of the breed as there is pitbulls.

That's my opinion on it Baz, what's yours?
I’m not disputing anything and I did post my opinion.
I agree with what you’ve put it doesn't help matter when gb news had a phone in regarding it and a breeder admitted to selling to drug dealers etc for protection and just to make money.

Last edited:
I’m not disputing anything and I did post my opinion.
I agree with what you’ve put it doesn't help matter when gb news had a phone in regarding it and a breeder admitted to selling to drug dealers etc for protection and just to make money.
That person needs to be investigated because read between the lines it's used for protection.

In other words being trained for aggression.

Wouldn't it help solve the issue if you had to pay to breed the dog or something along those lines?
and when you purchase a dog if it does not come with some sort of proof you are also breaking the law to purchase them

i know its not a total solution but surely something like that would help reduce these numbers

Think every breeder should have a license for every dog they breed and cost them so much per pup/per littler.
It will be a never ending situation why should genuine owners breeders be punished

I don't have an answer. Years ago owners had to have a dog licence, maybe something like that, something that needs to be renewed anually or something once the dog has been assessed or something, but I don't know how nor can I ever see it happening

I don't have an answer. Years ago owners had to have a dog licence, maybe something like that, something that needs to be renewed anually or something once the dog has been assessed or something, but I don't know how nor can I ever see it happening
The quote I posted is what currently happens, not a suggestion I'm making - it's part of the Dangerous Dogs Act and in my opinion it does it's job of limiting and phasing out banned breeds from the country. Adding XL Bullies to the list of banned breeds isn't going to require rethinks of laws, they're already in existence. The only issue will be defining/identifying what an XL Bully is but they'll soon have that sorted.

Last edited:
I don't think the answer is banning breeds, need to sort some kind of vetting for all dog owners! My daughter got vetted for 5 weeks for homing a Sausage dog including a home visit!
It's obvious some owners are unsuitable for dog ownership so something similar to Shotgun owners, don't know how that could be policed as seems difficult to answer burglary and shoplifting!

Some are saying mussel and crate training would also help most owners should already crate train there dogs.
Owners should also make sure they’ve got secure enough fencing maybe like they have at schools for the back gardens.
What ever government decides there will be backlash from it all
I don't think the answer is banning breeds, need to sort some kind of vetting for all dog owners! My daughter got vetted for 5 weeks for homing a Sausage dog including a home visit!
It's obvious some owners are unsuitable for dog ownership so something similar to Shotgun owners, don't know how that could be policed as seems difficult to answer burglary and shoplifting!
yeah a lot of animal sanctuary’s do that come out do home visits check your circumstances etc and charge you a deposit.
I know this but isn’t regarding the xl bully I’ve just got another puppy and I’ve literally had to sign a contract regarding the pup and one thing in it was if they think it’s been used for the wrong reason or think we can’t cope they can come in and remove it and a load of other things.
This was from a professional breeder I was like wtf lol

Some are saying mussel and crate training would also help most owners should already crate train there dogs.
Owners should also make sure they’ve got secure enough fencing maybe like they have at schools for the back gardens.
What ever government decides there will be backlash from it all

yeah a lot of animal sanctuary’s do that come out do home visits check your circumstances etc and charge you a deposit.
I know this but isn’t regarding the xl bully I’ve just got another puppy and I’ve literally had to sign a contract regarding the pup and one thing in it was if they think it’s been used for the wrong reason or think we can’t cope they can come in and remove it and a load of other things.
This was from a professional breeder I was like wtf lol
Hers was from a private family, but they had reached out to an agency to re-home him as he wasn't getting on with the other dogs. She had to meet the family and the dog at the first instance.
She had to pay and the agency had to be at the first meeting to see if the dog took to them! Then after a couple of weeks they visited her home.
Perhaps some sort of agency could be set up on a national level for all dog ownership! And basic dog training made compulsory before ownership

Think every breeder should have a license for every dog they breed and cost them so much per pup/per littler.
It will be a never ending situation why should genuine owners breeders be punished
That's what worries me, I have a breed that is known to be somewhat dangerous

However she has never hurt anything and she's now 6 she is soft af,

But she will be punished if others cause issues it's just dumb

That's what worries me, I have a breed that is known to be somewhat dangerous

However she has never hurt anything and she's now 6 she is soft af,

But she will be punished if others cause issues it's just dumb
Some breeders don’t give a fcuk who they sell to it’s all about money

Back