AutoBouquetsMaker sat.xml and cable.xml updater

No the new sat.xml files are only released when sky move channels around so their would be no need to run it on a weekly basis
As i understand it AutoBouquetsMaker does this. This feature removes such as the BT hd channels (that no longer open) and adds the BBC Red Button channels, both have occured in the last couple of weeks.

No the new sat.xml files are only released when sky move channels around so their would be no need to run it on a weekly basis
As i understand it AutoBouquetsMaker does this. This feature removes such as the BT hd channels (that no longer open) and adds the BBC Red Button channels, both have occured in the last couple of weeks.

Yes but it doesn't normally happen that often once you notice a channel is blank or channels move like bbc1hd run the config updater then autobouqete marker there would be no need for it to run weekly

Massive thanks gentlemen.
Tremendous stuff!

I have found a way to update the sat.xml from AutoBouquetsMaker menus

Small update Fixed some network issues and gives a summary at the end.

unzip this View attachment 17843 and ftp both updateproviders.pyo and menu.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker reboot box.

now on box menu, setup service searching, autobouquetsmarker, you can select update config files this will check github for the latest sat.xml files you're using in providers and updates them for you no more need to ftp them

View attachment 17834

View attachment 17835

thanks to pembo for writing the script and Huevos for creating the pyo files this menu will be available in future updates of autobouquets marker

Ps I've had someone test this on a really old build of vix that's using an older version of abm and crashed his box so i would only recommend using this tested vix3.2037 and above. (13/06/16) now confirmed working on openatv 5.1 and above

Back