box gone down after re flash

oh no not another update is this new one essential I really didn't think I would have to update so often tried image manager to openvix 3.2.030.release _vuduo2 _ USB zips but nothing happens ,, so I've got to go onto open vix web site and down load to USB stick and up date that way ,,, and this way I've got to reload lines again bit of a pain in the bum

Just do online update quick and simple mate no need for USB mate
tried that mate go on to software update then upgrade and reboot system click on that and I get back up manager then goes to upgrade in progress please wait until your vu + duo 2 reboots this might take a few minutes but nothing happens n

---------- Post Merged at 08:20 PM ----------

Just do online update quick and simple mate no need for USB mate
I lost all internet connection on my surface pro so reset my router my wireless cam back on tried to update my vu box again and bingo its worked no putting lines back in its done it in seconds do you think I might be having ip issues ,, been as I have new virgin router with 2 g and 5 g I think both vu box and surface pro are trying to connect to the same ip address think I might be right or am I well of the mark ,,, think next time I will turn of all devices apart from vu box and try it that way ,,, once again thank you for your help must say this is a fantastic site

maybe newer image you are been told not to online update but to import new image
image manager-downloads via yellow button
choose from list of images
download chosen image
presume at a latter time restore this image [ one just downloaded ]
then setup from scratch as when you got box first.

you dont have to update if box is working perfectly choice is there if you want.

all lan devices should have their own lan connection to internet.
+ you did a restore of settings i never do that as bugs are stuck back in again .

Last edited:
Cheers mate don't really no what I've done updated it though box and its all working fine a that bloody flashing update has gone which really does my head in so I have to update once again thank you for your help think I'm getting there well until next time cheers boys

Last edited:
Is the duo2 and surface pro both via wirless if so are they both on the same band 2g or 5g as this could be your connection issue between the 2 I have the same router super hub 2 ac and find it pretty good as wifi speed is aroubd 140 mbs

Is the duo2 and surface pro both via wirless if so are they both on the same band 2g or 5g as this could be your connection issue between the 2 I have the same router super hub 2 ac and find it pretty good as wifi speed is aroubd 140 mbs
No mate vu+ box 2 duo is strait from super hub 2 via a enthenal cable ,, and surface pro is WiFi ,, my WiFi is 120 mbps so I would think the box is even better than than been as it is direct ,, thanks for your reply

that green flashing icon i just ignore it as i could have missed 40 updates for my box apollo-hades-and whatever the new one is lol

you are best advised in any time box is flashed always start from scratch and having your cfg and line data on folder on pc to send back.

if on wos get the vix manual pdf over in downloads and have it for reference on pc.

that green flashing icon i just ignore it as i could have missed 40 updates for my box apollo-hades-and whatever the new one is lol

you are best advised in any time box is flashed always start from scratch and having your cfg and line data on folder on pc to send back.

if on wos get the vix manual pdf over in downloads and have it for reference on pc.
. cheer mate I did save all lines and cam to two separate folders on my surface pro but for some unknown reason I can't ftb files two and from box using my surface ,,, still can't work that one out,i have to get my old pc on which takes an hour to warm up fu______ thing ,

maybe your surface pro needs a working ftp program?
hi mate it has , it connects and sends file in less than a second but never goes to the box I'm putting the right ip address etc.

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 PM ----------

here we go again bit not doing it tonight ,, updated though box and guess what premium channels are freezing now grrrrrr looks like I'm going to have to install lastest image on usb stick and start from scratcjh ,, but not doing it tonight ain't in the mood ,, another 3 hours work to get pc running again grrrrrr

don't no why but after a update though my box not usb , it starts freezing if I leave the box on over night the next day its fine working perfect again now no freezing at all any one explain this one cheers ever one ,, just trying to learn as much as possible about these boxes

did you try rebooting box and router as it may clear bugs.
if not as i said box may need a new flash from usb or image manager

Yes mate rebooted box and router but still got freezing ,, so left it on over night and now it is perfect ,,, sorry mate but are lines like the old streams leave them on for 10 min and it gets better ,,, I no in my own mind they ain't but just seem I left it over night and now ever channel is perfect ,,, cheers mate

---------- Post Merged at 08:44 PM ----------

is image manager as good as a full USB update this is where I get a bit confused why bother doing a USB update when you can just go though image manager or am I missing something cheers catikid

i tried image manager and got spinning vix as it did not download the image i selected,so back to usb stick.i did the solo2 by image manager and it worked.
its the same as downloading file from wos extract to a formatted fat 32 8gb kingston usb or download direct through box to install.

" , sorry mate but are lines like the old streams leave them on for 10 min and it gets better "
unsure what you mean there?

streams could be the audio issue people get and by pressing audio button one can change the stream?

Last edited:
hi all just got in looking forward to football tonight and for some reason my cable virmin is not working sly dish perfect check signal sky is got plenty and lock ,, no singnal at all on cable any ideais please

---------- Post Merged at 05:16 PM ----------

hi all just got in looking forward to football tonight and for some reason my cable virmin is bot working sly dish perfect check signal sky is got plenty and lock ,, no singnal at all on cable any ideais please

---------- Post Merged at 05:41 PM ----------

hi all just got in looking forward to football tonight and for some reason my cable virmin is not working sly dish perfect check signal sky is got plenty and lock ,, no singnal at all on cable any ideais please

---------- Post Merged at 05:16 PM ----------

hi all just got in looking forward to football tonight and for some reason my cable virmin is bot working sly dish perfect check signal sky is got plenty and lock ,, no singnal at all on cable any ideais please
all ok now thanks to my server , just reset cam all good if any one needs proper lines and more importantly a very good after service use them if you need info on this message me

Last edited:
Back