box gone down after re flash

just get a 2.5" sata internal hard drive of whatever size you want. wos are not the cheapest for hard drives

Last edited:
I read somewhere that a 2.5 is the best for these boxes ,, sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference between 2.5 and 3.5 and please don't say 1 ,, what does the 2.5 / 3.5 stand for .

2.5 are the smaller drives that laptops have
3.5 are the bigger desktop drives
measured across the front width

both will fit in, but some say the 2.5" allows more airflow

you need an internal drive, don't get an external with the case on.

that's what I read about air flow 2. 5 is a better choice ,, world of sat would of fitted a 500 gig for £40 when I ordered my box so this must be available on there web site for that amount or should be less if I've got to fit it ,, and by rights it should fit strait in with the screws and grommets they supplied ,, but I can't seem to find it on there site but I'm sure it was a 500 GB sata drive

Last edited:
just grab one from amazon or similar places
you don't need to buy it from wos. I don't think they sell them seperately anyway, plus the postage on top from them, if they did

Jib what size are you after In gb/TB as may be able to help you out pretty cheap either 2.5 or 3.5"
. min 500gig 2.5... if I install that can I just remove my USB stick and record what I want up to 500 gig with out having to delete ever couple of days on my 8 gig USB stick ,, what price we looking at mate

I will see if I got a 1tb 2.5" about tomorrow and let you know would be looking around £25 and £45 if I got a 2tb

Loads of them go on Amazon put 2.5 Santa drive in search if you're quick you might even get it delivered tomorrow

---------- Post Merged at 09:00 PM ----------

Hope you find something worth recording after all your effortslol

you must not record much as i got the 1tb internal hdd and was looking at 4 tb lol,have to see why my nas stopped 4 months ago lol

Back