box gone down after re flash

Re flashing and starting again it a good thing just make sure you have a copy of your lines or ask provider for the info again
cheers mate ive got my lines saved on my surface pro thanks to my provider and I must say he has been great and would recommend him to any one ,, ive all so invested in a usb internet cable for my surface pro so I can plug strait into my lan line instead of just wifi only don side to surface pro ,,,, so tomorrow I will get new usb stick and start from scratch cheers ever one for you help but I no one thing I'm learning a lot about these boxes can only be a good thing I surpose then I can pass it on to other newbies like me

---------- Post Merged at 08:33 PM ----------

when flashing these boxes max size is 8gb and using integral,kingston or cruzer all work,can you remember what cam was loaded to box and in use?
lines are done by lan connection on network to send line info .
remember first thing you have to do when box is flashed is to get the cams loaded to box from download plugins before you try ftp to box.

follow bees tut to guide you further.

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html
hi mate will this be ok from pcworld sandisk cruzer blade usb memory stick 8 gig black £3.99 there are only 3 at pc world at 8 gig cheers

Could one of you kind gents put a link on here so I no I'm re flashing my box with the right filmwere from open vix just to make sure I'm flashing the box correctly I won't to flash with latest imagine so I can get box back to how it was when I got it ie nothing on there apart from vix image many thank s

anytime images are needed we go direct to their source original boxes only no clones allowed lol

i only flash boxes when i see green icon on site:binoculars:

at last

Hi all after a week of pulling my hair out think I'm almost there , I went and got a pack of USB sticks 8 gig downloaded new vix open firmware to one of the sticks and re flashed box all went well , then I tried for days to send over mgcams and lines with no success I was doing this via my surface pro and a purchased a surface Ethernet adapter so I could connect direct to my virgin modem with still no success . So I decided to try and get my old pc working again set it back to factory setting and up dated with updates finally got it on downloaded filezilla and transferred my mgcams and lines over bingo was on with in 2 minutes could any one explain to me why I could not do these with my surface pro I could connect to the internet direct as soon as I plugged the adapter in no wireless just direct , so if anyone has tried this and had success please tell me how , my only other question is I have a great epg on cable telling me what's on for the next seven days which is perfect , but on my sky side B the channel are all working perfect apart from hd which I no this was the case but have only two channels which have epg and they are only what is showing at the time you are watching them which is pretty useless any one got any tips for getting a full epg , all recording working well , would just like to get the epg sorted out on sky dish side and I will be more than happy ,,, once again thank you to ever one who have helped me though my set up and cheers to my provider who has helped me out to

Last edited:
I'm on cross epg set up enable CVs import is on no do I just change that to yes , schedules download on once a day ,, scheduled download at 04:00 ,, show as plugin yes ,,, show extension yes ,, cheers don't want to go and mess up my box again today that's why I'm asking first

---------- Post Merged at 03:26 PM ----------

done it found guide on world of sat I'm well pleased works perfect cheers mate ,, one more thing I want to back up the set up ive got now ,,ive got a spare usb stick how do I do this and if I do it does it mean if any think goes tits up can I just put the usb stick in and save and I'm back to what ive got now including cams and lines thank you
e

Ok would rather back up to USB, so if I remove the USB from my box now put a blank one in how do I save all my box details to the USB so if I mess up again I can just put that USB into my box and install , would be so happy then cause its working perfect at the moment once again thank you

I just back up to hard drive personally but yes if you have a backup it will save your settings, line etc
Ok mate can you please tell me how to do it but I would like to put it all on a spare USB so I can keep it safe and that way I can have a play and if I mess up I can just plug USB and I'm back to where I am now thank you for your help

hi mate do the backup and image back up as normal and have it to you duo2 internal HDD
then ftp into the box from the pc once connected go to top right hand box oen up the tree of folders go to hdd folder open this and inside the backup folder and image backup folder is your saved files for backing up just copy them to your pc and then also copy to your usb if you really need to

i go one better as i just reflash with a later image having checked first feed status is green,line and config file on desktop named folder sent back to box as it keeps the mind used to fixing it.the more you do it the better you get and if stuck check bees sticky.

i go one better as i just reflash with a later image having checked first feed status is green,line and config file on desktop named folder sent back to box as it keeps the mind used to fixing it.the more you do it the better you get and if stuck check bees sticky.
Hi cactikid you all way say checked first feed status green , can you explain what this means ,, as I've said on my earlier post no one has given me a reason why I can't use my surface pro to ftp files ,, the reason I say this is my old pc takes hours to warm up even after updates , but when I plug my surface pro in it connects in seconds ,,, gents can you please just tell me how I can put what I've got now strait onto my spare USB stick it all working perfect full epg on cable and on sly and it recording perfect as well I'm so pleased with what I have got now just don't want to lose it all that's down to all the help of you boys ,, I'm even starting to post help on here to complete newbies on here like ever one said these boxes are fantastic but it is a bit of a hobby and I'm get more and more into it cheers gents

Hi cactikid you all way say checked first feed status green , can you explain what this means ,, as I've said on my earlier post no one has given me a reason why I can't use my surface pro to ftp files ,, the reason I say this is my old pc takes hours to warm up even after updates , but when I plug my surface pro in it connects in seconds ,,, gents can you please just tell me how I can put what I've got now strait onto my spare USB stick it all working perfect full epg on cable and on sly and it recording perfect as well I'm so pleased with what I have got now just don't want to lose it all that's down to all the help of you boys ,, I'm even starting to post help on here to complete newbies on here like ever one said these boxes are fantastic but it is a bit of a hobby and I'm get more and more into it cheers gents
Someone must be able to answer

feeds status is from vix as it lets you know if there is an issue with download plugins=feeds down for maintenance-cannot download anything.based on traffic lights red -not working-amber think caution-green working.

post 24 shows feed status with the vix images.

does your surface pro able to run filezilla client and is connected to your home lan connection,i still use old xp dodo here lol.
i have internal hdd on some boxes and can use backup manager to see ohh i did do backups apollo 23 hades 10 and you can run new backup when you need to do current one.

i never save to usb if i dont have internal hdd as i will just reflash new image as box can work for 8 months without needing a newer image.

been trying to find a internal hard drive on world of sat cant seem to find them I wish I would of had it fitted for the extra £40 when I ordered the box I no I've got the leads and plate screws and grommet in the box could someone please give me a link or advise where I can get one from many thanks

Back