E3 Card Reader PS3 downgrade 3.50 to 3.41

I put the USB drive to the right hand one close to the disc tray and yes the lv2diag file is on the root of the usb I formatted my USB to fat32 and just coped the 2 files over is this right

Last edited:
Yep that all sounds right,you are downgrading from 3.50 right,not 3.55
Did you turn of the ps3 when you put it into service mode
Then put in the usb and turn on if yes
did you get a black screen and the hdd light flashing

Yes I am downgrading from 3.50 I turned off the ps3 when I put it into service mode I turned off from the controller then put the USB downgrade in to the right hand side the hdd light was flashing and then the green light on the ps3 was flashing but just would just not stop the screen just came up no signal I have also tried this But no luck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0POBOQg8o

Last edited:
ok malc27,by that no signal it sounds like the ps3 turned off,did you remove the usb yet and put the other lvl2diag.self on,make sure you remove the pup and the other lvl2diag,your in a bit of unknown territory here mate,but it sounds like your ok,this didnt happen to me,but i did the one i was doing blind because the bloody settings were set to hdmi and i was on a rgb connection and it worked
The flashing green light could be because it is still in service mode

SINNO That’s the problem the PS3 would not turn off the green light was flashing for over 1 hour then I just gave in and switched it off I will try putting the other lvl2diag.self 2 file on the USB and turn it on.

Malc27 was the pup file in or out of the folder 3.41 modified pup when you put it on the usb

SINNO I have put the lvl2diag.self 2 file on the USB then put the ps3 on all it does is terns itself off red light that’s it the pup file was out of the folder when I put it on the USB jut put the 2 files on the USB and no folder on the USB just the 2 files.

turn it on and see if you get your system menu up and go to settings and system info,once the lvl2diag.self 2 goes on your back in retail mode
Remove the usb first

run the process again from the very begining,if it can get back to service mode your not bricked,the video you linked to was a slim and 3.56,would'nt work in this case,i have around 10 mins more,if i dont hear back from you i will catch up with you tomorrow

Malc27 have a look HERE
It sounds an awful lot like your situation but is solvable,plus if it is'nt downgradable you can goto 3.55 and install kmeaw cfw and you can then play backups

Hi again SINNO I have tried from the beginning again but all my ps3 dose is come on for a second or so then switch’s itself off will not stay on now it will not take nothing from the USB drives just switches itself off have I bricked it. :dunno:

Hello SINNO I tried your link out put the files on the USB but all it does is just turns itself off I came across THIS
to get me in recovery screen up and this is what I get by entering each one.

1. Restart System
With this it just turns itself off

2. Restore Default Settings

3. Restore File System

4. Rebuild Database
With this I get this message (the hard disk cannot be accessed)

5. Restore PS3tm System

This I have not tried as it would probably update it higher than 3.50

The restore ps3 system looks promising,put firmware in a folder called PS3 then UPDATE and put the 3.50 firmware pup in to that folder,because you dont have it connected to the net it should look for the firmware on the usb
So we are clear
Format the usb to fat 32
Create folder PS3(in caps)
Inside that folder Create a folder UPDATE(in caps)
Inside that folder put the 3.50 firmware pup in to this folder
plug in to the ps3 and restore your system
And good luck m8 i hope it works

Sorry malc27 go to 6 system update with the 3.50 on the usb as described above,if that don't work use 3.55

Last edited:
SINNO I have just tried putting the 3.50 firmware pup on without the Lv2diag.self FILE 1 in the 2 folders
PS3 & UPDATE And I get the following message up,

A serious error has occurred.
Contact technical support for assistance.
(8002F2CF)

So I think I need your assistance :idea:

I am getting this message on putting the 3.55 firmware on from my USB.

This data is corrupted
(8002F2C5)

Is it possible that the hard drive as got corrupted by downgrading as my ps3
was working fine until I attempted downgrading it.

Also came across THIS have you seen it before.

Last edited:
Anything is worth a shot at the minute,have a look at this first HERE,try that then if you have no luck,another option is to connect the ps3 to your router with a ethernet cable and go to that system update,you will probably end up with 3.61 but you would have a working ps3,you did look at THISright,i will keep searching and see what the hell is going on,your mate didnt downgrade this before did he

I have tried the method from your link but no joy and my mate would not know how to downgrade it lol, Looks like this might be my last resort connect my ps3 to my router with a Ethernet cable and go to the system update hope this works or my PS3 is for the BIN I will give this a go tomorrow as it is a bit of time consuming I have not installed my IP address in my PS3 Would this matter.

If my ps3 to my router with an Ethernet does not work what if I got the ps3 hard drive out and reformatted it on my PC as I have got the hardware extensions to do this from my PC and then try to put the 3.50 firmware on from my USB again on my PS3.

Last edited:
I had thought of that idea,what would happen if the firmware is intact is the ps3 would then reformat the hdd,but only if the firmware was intact,the fact you can get to that recovery menu tells me some part of it is still working so i dont think its a complete brick

Back