E3 Card Reader PS3 downgrade 3.50 to 3.41

SINNO The Ethernet does not work will not update I have never connected my ps3 to the internet even when it was working any more ideas I can try out like you say I can get to the recovery menu so there must be something I can do to sort it out I think the hard drive as got corrupted in some way that’s why it will not take anything from my USB stick.

Will search for some definite answers for you tonight after work,should have something either way tomorrow

Malc the general consensus seems to be take out the harddrive and replace it,if you could get your hands on one out of another machine with the same firmware you were on,it is actually a fix from another problem with updatind problems,i think if you take out yours and format it and put it back in to your ps3,if there is any firmware left alive on your ps3 it will format the hdd,you will lose your saves and dlc and trophies but thats a small price

SINNO I have been playing around with different combinations of firmware the only one that tries to go trough is the 4.1 will not even try to take my 5.0 firmware I get the green light flashing on the 4.1 firmware but it will not turn off so after about 10 minutes I turn it off manual and put the Lv2diag.self FILE 2 on but still no luck it just switches itself off I checked the log file there was hardly anything on it is it possible it might be a doggie USB stick as when I try to update the firmware I get the massage file corrupted and that’s even with the 5.5 firmware and it will not let me format the hard drive from the menu.

If I format my PS3 hard drive from my PC to fat32 would this sort the problem out as no part of the flashing goes on the hard drive.

i will be honest malc,rule out every other possibility first,as in the usb and all the firmwares again,then format the hdd,where did you get the firmware as a matter of interest

SINNO I will have a go at formatting the hard drive tomorrow I will let you know what happens you can get all PS3 Firmware up to date from HERE

SINNO Unable to format my PS3 hard drive on my PC as it is the new slim line hard drive I tried putting the 4.1 firmware on again and left the green light flashing for about 1 hour when I think the problem might be my USB stick as it is a old one and only 250 MB Just ordered a new one with 16 GB compatible with the ps3 this is the log I received from trying to put the 4.1 firmware on don’t know if you can make anything from it :dunno:

manufacturing updating start
PackageName = /dev_usb000/PS3UPDAT.PUP
settle polling interval success
vflash is disabled...
boot from nand flash...
creating flash regions...
create storage region: (region id = 2)
format partition: (region_id = 2, CELL_FS_IOS:BUILTIN_FLSH1, CELL_FS_FAT)
create storage region: (region id = 3)
format partition: (region_id = 3, CELL_FS_IOS:BUILTIN_FLSH2, CELL_FS_FAT)
create storage region: (region id = 4)
format partition: (region_id = 4, CELL_FS_IOS:BUILTIN_FLSH3, CELL_FS_FAT)
create storage region: (region id = 5)
create storage region: (region id = 6)
Initializing
taking a while...
start Updating Proccess
Initialize elapsed time = 84 msec
check UPL
UpMng.UpdatePackage() failure
manufacturing updating FAILURE(0x8002f027)
Total Elapsed time = 1144 msec

With this problem i think your only hope is going with your original firmware which was 3.50,you can goto the jailbreak route later once the hdd is running again

Hi SINNO, Just lent a 2.5 SATA USB 2.0 external HDD enclosure from my mate I formatted my PS3 hard drive put it back in but still the same but what has happened my old USB stick the red light does not come on no more it can be written to but no flashing red light I still think the USB stick is the problem just waiting for my new one I will give that ago and let you know the outcome fingers crossed.:beg:

I hope thats the problem malc,i feel your pain dude,please do let me know,i will have everything crossed for you

HI SINNO it’s me again some good NEWS and some bad NEWS first the good NEWS I was messing around with the Firmware versions again with my old USB stick so I tried the 2.10 version that is only 122 KB and to my surprise my PS3 switched off by itself them I got into factory mode and turned off by my pad and put the Lv2diag.self FILE 2 on then turned off then back on and yippy :happy:got the bloody thing back on LOL Now for the bad NEWS I tried to update from the menu to put 4.1 Firmware on but only gets up to 62% then message comes up the file is corrupted tried a couple of times but no luck and I have downloaded the Firmware from different sites at least I am getting somewhere I think I will wait till I get my NEW USB stick before I try anything else what a hair pulling time I have had.:damn:

HI SINNO Just sorting some of my PC bits and bobs out today and came across an old 2 GB hard drive and that turned a light bulb on :idea: it gave me an idea what if I formatted this to fat 32 and put your 3.41 Firmware on So I gave it a try went to the menu update and it found the update and started to update and it worked Went up to 100% now I am on 3.41 Firmware let the fun begin :gamer: I would like to say thank you for your help don’t think I would have got there without your help cheers SINNO.:cheers::cheesy grin:

Hi SINNO,

Thanks for the link Do you know what the average speed for download is if I was downloading say 5 GB game if I joined One of these downloads servers as the standard time would take about 20 hours if I sign up for one of them would the download speeds be a lot faster and do you know if the USA Region games would work on the PS3 I know a lot of USA Region games worked on the PS2.

Malc i use alot of the download servers,i have them all set up on jdownloader,a 5 gb game of which there are very few on the ps3 would take around 2 hours,i have had a 20-25 take 9 hours,thats with a premium account,running 2 downloads simultaneously,all ps3 games are region free,language will be your only issue,if you are a native english speaker there would be no reason not to get the usa one,it would also be smaller than the european ones stacked with all the languages

SINNO Looks like I will have to get a premium account then I have put Backup Manager application on my PS3 it loads up but when I put a game in I don’t get the message up if you wish to backup to an external hard drive please insert it now.

Multiman is the best and constantly updated,do you have the install packages folder and apps homebrew folder

Got it to work now what it was is I got my TV aspect ratio to 16:9 now I have put it on full wide I can see the text on the menu now on Multiman sorted looks like I will have to get a massive BIG external HARD DRIVE now LOL

Last edited:
Back