Freesat V8 series

Cool I have v8 super so I am better waiting for new channel guide and epg list until fully tested?

Cheers reaper

---------- Post Merged at 02:36 AM ----------

Also notice there is new firmware for v8 super from 28/07/16. Is it safe to download and a worthwhile or mandatory update?

Cheers mate

Cheers!

---------- Post Merged at 11:40 PM ----------

V8 super is a nice box and once Epg is updated will be magic

Cheers!

---------- Post Merged at 11:40 PM ----------

V8 super is a nice box and once Epg is updated will be magic

You must be spying on me Mack.
I have a sample test box here called "V8 Reaperbox Magic"
It's a Super Plus box which may or may not hit the market.
Reaper.

Hello Reaper,

I just signed up from the US, you can read my introduction in the introduction section. The Freesat site has been down for 16 hours or so and I was wondering if it is down for you or is it something with our connection from here. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to look around, looks like a great site.

Thank you,

John

hi reaper found out how to run 2 lines at the same time in the v8 golden you can use ccam or nline but not both when your putting your line in you can manage your lines from 1 to 8 servers so happy man as have both sly and vermin workin at the same time

Website will be back---changing host.
Reaper.

Fantastic Reaper. I figured as much, something like that. While you're here, do you have anymore specs on the Super such as the SOC number etc? One of our guys took his V7 HD apart to get the numbers off of it but if you know that'd be nice. Also, it doesn't do 4:2:2 does it? Someone told me to ask because I told them I ran into someone who may have some info. We're compiling a list of problems we have and things we'd like changed to send to the company. The V7 audio skips on a couple of our important channels and we don't have that many. It's not bad but it does. The odd thing is that if you record the stream and play it back it doesn't skip. We've got great signal and everything is good, so we can't figure that one out but we're still working on it.

And, since we use motorized dishes we'd like to see if we can get the behavior when selecting Favorites changed. The problem there is that when you hit FAV on the remote then select a group it goes to the last channel viewed and the dish takes off to the sat the channel is on. It'd be better if it just brought up the group and waited until you hit ok to select a channel because many times the channel we want is on the sat we're already aimed at. As it is we have to return the dish to the sat. I don't think anyone has tested a Super yet, so I'll be the first. One guy ordered a Golden but I'm not sure if he's received it yet. There are quite a few with V7's and they love them. I think they're waiting on our reports on the V8's.

We're very happy with them and I'll be testing out a Super in a couple to a few days, customs hasn't let go of it yet. I'm not sure how many have ordered them and which models but it's growing and I'm sure they'll all be reporting to our thread on the subject. I just started it yesterday so many haven't seen it yet most likely. You guys in the UK usually have more info than us because there us more of you. DirecTV and Dish Network do all they can to kill our hobby and we do all be can to keep it alive including lobbying congress. We also like nice inexpensive receivers because they attract more people and the more of us there are, the more manufacturers take notice of us as a market.

Ok, so thanks for the info and I don't want to hold you up. It's around 10:30AM there and it's 4:33 AM here but I keep strange hours wander around at night.

---------- Post Merged at 04:58 AM ----------

Oh boy, the site came back up alright! Look at this! It's a full blown tech support forum!
clapclap.gif

Enjoy it and post your questions and findings there---Mingshan Fang is the chief engineer and he will read all comments as he designed the boxes-- LOL
Reaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any changes in pipeline for channel lists v8 golden. All of the current ones seem to stop cams from working, all the free channels I tried open and play, encrypted do not. If I then delete all channels and scan manually cam works again and encrypted channels are ok, any ideas why this occurs?

Oh yes, the Freesat forum is nice. They finally got most of the bugs worked out and learned to administer it. It's going to be a fine source of info over time.

I just received my V8 Super! Wow, nice nice nice!

Can you use a V7 HD channel list in a V8 Super? I just got my V7 list done and I'd hate to do all of that work again.

It'd be really nice if I can load the user DB into the Super? Is there a way to convert the list?

There is no "Export" in the File menu of the Editor and if you select V8 when loading it then it's blank, no sat or channel info. I was hoping if I loaded it as a V8 it would convert it to V8 format for saving but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know if the V8 can load and use a V7 channel list? I don't want to brick it by trying it.

Simple answer---No!
Reaper.

Thank you Reaper. Some of the guys over here have a Golden, I'm the first with a Super. I'm going to ask Golden boy... ;)
If I can have his list. It may be easier to just build a sat list in the editor with one TP and go from there but I haven't tried Multi-sat scan in the V8.
I can tell you this...this box is fast and a dream box for us over here. We've never had a near perfect box and this Super may be perfect.
I have to try Laff and Grit to see if I get audio skips and if they are ok, then I'd call it a perfect box for us. It's already getting Decades, Movies! and Heroes & Icons that our S9's just stopped getting. We have other FW's but there was only one FW that got the ION channels so if we switch we'll lose those.

This V8 Super is impressive from the media player to the overall performance and speed. It has editing features we've wanted for a long time.
I just found out about it and I guess I overlooked it because others knew. I've had a lot going on from shoulder surgery to my dog dying and that's not a figure of speech. I lost my 10 year old black lab and was up forever trying to save her. Long story but just too much going on to keep up lately.

Anyway, thank you very much for the forum and discussion of this box has pretty much been silenced on the forum I frequent with no links or FW attachments allowed because it can be modified etc. I'll get back to you...gotta lot going on right now and wanna play with the V8 too, priorities...

:druming:yeehaa

They all work! Decades, Movies!, H&I, Laff, Grit and Bounce.

There isn't any signal loss or audio skip at all. Laff, Grit and Bounce have perfect audio!

I think that makes this the perfect receiver. It's super fast, has programmable output on the SCART and loop out with no wasted T2 tuner! I'm extremely happy with it.

Back