Glasgow Celtic Supporters Thread

I had done some research on these guys, and had looked on in awe at some of your previous videos of these guys (and wish that COMS had a few as noisy as them). It is such a shame if the only thing they are doing is enjoying themselves to the detriment of no-one else in the stadium.
the Celtic symphony is a harmless enough song, the broad black brimmer, I love it, but is it pro IRA - to me yes, but for me it is actually more IRB of 1916'ish era.

I gotta say, some of their displays/protests have been excellent, well co-ordinated. I also think that the club has some hand act or part in this story, why is another thing. As you say, they are THE LIFE and soul of Celtic Park on matchday, even on a boring matchday.
if their worst crime is poking a bit of fun at the rangers FC , then let them at it.

newsimg_3299_20121105154853.jpg
[h=1]

Celts to play Inverurie Loco Works or Arbroath in the Scottish Cup
[/h]

By: Newsroom Staff on 05 Nov, 2012

CELTIC have been drawn with Inverurie Loco Works or Arbroath in the Scottish Cup fourth-round draw which took place at Hampden today (Monday).

The game is scheduled to go ahead on Saturday, December 1. Confirmation of date and kick-off time to follow on the official Celtic website.

Inverurie and Arbroath drew 3-3 on Saturday and the replay will go ahead this coming Saturday, November 10 at Gayfield Park.

Speaking to the official Celtic website after the draw, Celtic manager Neil Lennon said: “I’m very pleased that it’s a home draw, so it will be interesting to see who we get and we’ll take it from there."

celticfc.net

[h=2]Archbishop's best wishes for Celtic's 125th anniversary
[/h] By: Paul Cuddihy on 05 Nov, 2012

THE Archbishop of Glasgow, Philip Tartaglia, has sent his best wishes to Celtic as the club prepares to celebrate the 125th anniversary of its foundation this Tuesday, November 6.

It was on November 6, 1887 that Brother Walfrid gathered a group of men together in the church hall of St Mary’s Parish, Calton, Glasgow to form Celtic Football Club. One hundred and twenty-five years to the day, a special service organised by the Celtic Graves Society will celebrate this historic day in St Mary’s Church.

Archbishop Tartaglia was installed as Archbishop of Glasgow in September of this year, and one of his predecessors, Archbishop Charles Eyre, was the first patron of Celtic Football Club back in 1888.

The current Archbishop of Glasgow said: "The Celtic story is hugely romantic - a club founded by a Marist brother to alleviate the poverty of his people in the East End of Glasgow, which went on to become the premier football team in Europe less than a century later.

“It is good that on the anniversary date of that foundation, many of those most closely identified with the club gather where the whole thing started - St Mary´s Church in Abercromby Street - to remember the origins and to raise funds for the poor of our own day, through Mary´s Meals."

The special commemorative service at St Mary’s this Tuesday, November 6 is sure to be a moving and uplifting occasion.

Speakers at the event will include the Celtic Chairman, Ian Bankier, Rev. Ian Miller, a Church of Scotland Minister from Bonhill Church who is also a Celtic supporter, and Terry Dick, historian and raconteur, whose father, Glen Daly, wrote The Celtic Song. There will also a dramatic re-enactment of that first meeting of November 1887.

celticfc.net

hi sandog here a new member and just for tonight im a celtic supporter really would like them to win and take the game to barca

Hail hail

Noelyf the police are just out to get who ever and whatever they can at paradise imho.

Apparently tomo game against barca the green brigade have supposedly arranged for something special
here are the exact words off my mate

"The green brigade have organised a special 125yr anniversary display for wednesday, costing £10,000 funded by the celtic support.please make an effort to take your seat early. do not raise the material at your seat during ynwa. please wait for the signal from section 111. just as the players come out... this will be amazing the best fans display ever shown at a football stadium. please play your part and share this message"

lets hope its as good as my mate says

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #CELTIC125(y)

Celtic and Barca in the ‘Zone’

By: Newsroom Staff on 06 Nov, 2012

AS Celtic welcome FC Barcelona to town this week, the club is keen to ensure that supporters of both teams can enjoy this momentous occasion.

Celtic are delighted to be back at Europe’s top table. This will be a football fiesta like no other and supporters will be able to see that the wonderful relationship between Celtic and Barca is celebrated.

Therefore, on the day of the match, this Wednesday, November 7, a Fanzone, bringing Celtic and Barcelona fans together to enjoy this great occasion will be set up at Merchant Square in the Merchant City.

The city of Barcelona always welcomes Celtic and our supporters so warmly and it is right that we should offer our good friends the same hospitality.

We are sure the Fanzone will be very popular with supporters of both clubs and we look forward to everyone who attends enjoying the venue, enjoying the city and enjoying the famous Celtic welcome.

The venue will provide an opportunity for fans to gather and meet and there will be music and entertainment on offer to supporters.

The event will run from 12.30pm – 5.30pm and supporters travelling in the official Barcelona party are advised to be on board their bus by 5.45pm latest for the short journey to Celtic Park.

We hope you all enjoy the live music and entertainment that is provided and that you have a safe and responsible time before attending the match.

TIMETABLE OF EVENTS
1-2pm: Traditional Irish/Scottish live music & singing
2-2.30pm: DJ set
2.30-3.30pm: Ceili with Spanish translation
3.30-4pm: John Joe Gallagher from The Amadans, with guest musicians
4-4.45pm: Els Amics de les Arts (Live Catalan music)
5-7.45pm: DJ set

celticfc.net

@ nimbers,

Really looking forward to the GB display as always (y)

It should be a cracking game also :)

newsimg_3310_20121106163515.jpg
[h=1]Manager: Beating Barca would be crowning moment[/h]

By: Mark Henderson on 06 Nov, 2012

NEIL Lennon believes beating Barcelona in tomorrow´s UEFA Champions League clash in Paradise would be the crowning moment in Celtic´s 125th anniversary celebrations.

Today, the club marked the 125th year of its existence, having being founded on November 6, 1887, in a meeting in the church hall of St Mary´s parish in the Calton.

There have been many glorious moments, highs and lows since those humble beginnings and the manager reckons a victory against the greatest football team on the planet would be the perfect way to mark such a special occasion.

However, the Irishman is under no illusions about the severity of the task his players will face tomorrow against Tito Vilanova´s gifted side, spearheaded by the magical Lionel Messi.

"It´s a great occasion for the club," he said. "Today is our anniversary and something we are very proud of.

"Tomorrow night will be a special evening with all the ingredients of - one being in the Champions League, two playing arguably the best team in the world and three the anniversary of our club. It´s a pivotal year for us and a year of celebration. This would be the crowning glory in that year.

"How do you solve a problem like Barcelona? You have to play to your very best. You have to play with full concentration, with great intensity and sometimes that´s not enough.

"But certainly with a full house tomorrow night – and I´m sure the neutrals will enjoy the atmosphere and energy that our supporters bring to the game then it should be a great night for the club."

The manager was the bearer of bad news at this afternoon´s pre-match press conference as he revealed the extent of the current injury situation.

Emilio Izaguirre, James Forrest and Thomas Rogne will all miss the match, while top scorer, Gary Hooper is a huge doubt. Georgios Samaras could make the side and a decision on his inclusion will be left until the last minute.

"Izaguirre had a scan yesterday is out for six weeks, Rogne is looking at two weeks with a calf strain, while James Forrest will be out for a week or two as well with a hamstring strain," he explained.

"Lassad has a groin strain. Samaras we are hopeful of and Hooper is very doubtful, so we are a little bit stretched."

Samaras, who scored the opening goal in the corresponding fixture in the Camp Nou, has emerged a talisman for Celtic on European nights. His recovery would be a massive boost.

"Well, regardless of the other injuries, it´s important he makes it anyway," added the Hoops boss. "He´s been very unlucky with injuries this season because his form has been excellent, and certainly in the early part of the season he was playing very well.

"He had the bad elbow injury for Greece which set him back three or four weeks. He obviously came back for Barca and was playing very well until he picked up the ankle injury. So even if the rest of those players weren´t fit, he would have been important to us and we are hoping he will make kick-off."

While the loss of these key individuals will undoubtedly be a blow for the Hoops, the manager remains convinced he has the personnel to cope with their absence. He certainly wasn’t getting downhearted. Indeed Celtic also have the 12th man to call upon – in the form of a packed-out Paradise.

"It´s hugely disruptive as they are big players and have been for quite a while here, and they would have been pivotal to the way we wanted to play tomorrow," said the manager.

"We have good strength in depth, however, and will still have a strong team to play tomorrow evening.

"It´s put a dampener on the players as everyone wanted to play in this game. The disappointment of the injuries is not mine, it´s the players´ personally and individually."

"With the likes of Forrest and Izaguirre in particular, who are definitely going to miss the game, they would have probably been playing and they are important to what we wanted to do.

"But the squad is strong and the majority of the players are in good form. We played very well in Barcelona despite what some people thought of the performance.

"Our home record is good, the crowd will lift and inspire the players and I hope the players do themselves justice on the night."

Football`s Next Star - Part One

[video=youtube;HoUd2V4pMO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoUd2V4pMO4[/video]

Part Two

[video=youtube;ag11qSvlfSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag11qSvlfSw&feature=relmfu[/video]

Last edited:
as a man utd supporter there are not many other teams i would like to win but i really do hope celtic beat barca tonight sandog

noely gonna miss the fan zone, thats me just in from a 12 hr night shift and still gotta make my way up the road heres my agenda for the day

9.30 - 11.00 power napp
11.00 - 11.55 get to mamchester piccadilly train station
11.55 - 13.00 train to preston
13.00-1400 await pick at sun hotel by the preston emerald csc
14.00- ? the earlier the better meet up with a few bhoys
19.00 off to paradise see the bhoys in green n white
22.00 head back down south miss the last train from preston @ 0100
0400 my train to manchester
0600 sit at home watch a rerun off the game with a few tins

My heart says we get result, today reminding me off the scott mcdonald ac game few years ago
my head says we be lucky to last 20 mins before the flood gates open

Have a good night all my fellow tims and will catch you soon

[h=5]Green Brigade 125th Anniversary Display

On your seat you will find a piece of polythene card. When held aloft each card will form part of a magnificent display that will celebrate our club's great history and our 125th anniversary.

It is vitally important that the cards are raised at the right time. The cue to raise your card is when the Green Brigade section at 111 raises theirs, just before the teams come out. Please raise yours then and continue to hold it during the Champions League anthem.

We would ask that any CSC banners and flags aren't draped over the tiers pre match as this will effect the display.

There is lots of road works around the East End of Glasgow just now and London Road is still shut. So please factor this in when planning your journey.

Thanks in advance for participating and playing your part in what's sure to be a fantastic celebration of Celtic, and lets roar the Bhoys onto victory tonight.

Green Brigade

[/h]

Celtics latest signings (I wish) lol

barca.jpg

Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta help celebrate Celtics 125th aniversary.

Attachments

• barca.jpg
    barca.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 45
Great way to celebrate your birthday, eh? well done to Celtic, and their fans for a great shift put in tonight at Celtic Park.

A day after Celtic officially recognised the 125th anniversary of their foundation, the class of 2012 delivered one of the finest European results in the club's history.

Neil Lennon's understrength team displayed wonderful tenacity and ruthlessness to see off Barcelona, even if some seriously edgy moments were triggered by a stoppage time Lionel Messi goal. Few could legitimately begrudge Celtic their success, which also offers a timely boost to the standing of Scottish football in otherwise troubled times.

Lennon enjoyed a decorated playing spell in green and white but, for Celtic's manager, this occasion will go down as a career highlight. It also illustrated the Northern Irishman's growing status in the dugout.

Celtic have beaten illustrious opposition on their home patch before, including Barcelona, but the current status of Tito Vilanova's side renders this especially significant. Afterwards, the Barcelona manager rued his players' inability to claim the game's first goal.

In the midst of epic celebrations in Glasgow's East End, the significance of this win in a Champions League context was almost forgotten. Celtic are now on the verge of the last 16.

The Scottish side had to ensure the hope did not kill them, if such positive sentiment could ever precede a meeting with the best club side of the modern era, if not all time.

Celtic received legitimate praise for their showing in the Camp Nou a fortnight ago, where it took an injury-time Jordi Alba goal to secure Barcelona's 100th Champions League win. Lennon had been keen to point out in the build-up to this game that Barça's potency is not blunted when they play away from home.

Celtic had also suffered the misfortune of injuries to key players. As expected, Gary Hooper – Lennon's most prolific striker – and Emilio Izaguirre sat out this match but there was surprise about the absence of the captain Scott Brown, who had been struck down by a virus.

The visitors' first opportunity fell to the irrepressible Messi, who scooped over the crossbar from an Alba cross in the eighth minute. Generally, though, Lennon would have been content with Celtic's opening to the game amid a typically rousing atmosphere; Victor Wanyama was about to intensify that.

As was the case in the match in Catalonia, a Charlie Mulgrew set play created sufficient trouble in the Barcelona defence to force a Celtic goal.

From Mulgrew's corner, Wanyama bulleted a fierce header past Victor Valdés. Lennon later admitted he had spotted a Barcelona weakness at defending corner kicks elsewhere in their Group G campaign.

The goal was fitting reward for Wanyama, whose fine midfield play had earned Celtic rare possession in the opponents' last third. He was to enjoy an outstanding night's work in front of scouts from England, including Manchester United.

Barça's attempts at a response, as intricate and patient as ever, found admirable resistance among the Celtic back line. In Messi's case, he clipped Fraser Forster's bar from 16 yards. Alexis Sánchez was the next to threaten, with a shot which bounced wide off Forster's left-hand post. Celtic, though, managed to survive until the brief respite afforded by the half-time whistle.

Barcelona stepped up their efforts at claiming an equaliser after the interval. Messi tested Forster with a curling effort from 18 yards, before the Celtic goalkeeper produced a fine double block to deny Sánchez.

By the hour mark, Barcelona were territorially dominant without their hosts looking overly perturbed or panicked. That, of course, was to Celtic's enormous credit given the savage beatings Barça have dished out to teams in similar scenarios.

A glimpse at spare resource offered the La Liga team hope. Vilanova had the ability to bring on David Villa and Cesc Fábregas, as he duly did. Lennon, by contrast, had four youngsters among his six outfield substitutes.

Still, Vilanova was lucky his team were not reduced to 10 men as early as the 68th minute. Alex Song, already on a booking, clattered through the back of Miku, with the referee showing notable generosity to the former Arsenal man.

Forster's finest save of the night was still to come. The England squad member produced a wonderful, diving one-handed stop to frustrate Messi again.

This time, it was Celtic who were to close out the match in its dying stages. Straight from a Forster kick out, Xavi Hernández clean missed his attempt at playing the ball back into the Celtic half. In what represented the stuff of fairytales, the 18-year-old Tony Watt, a £50,000 signing from Airdrie, raced through and lashed beyond Valdés.

Barça hope arrived from Messi, who scored a rebound from close range. Yet Celtic could not and would not be denied. The timing of their jubilation seemed wholly appropriate.

Barca stars praise Celtic atmosphere

Barcelona's Tito Vilanova and Xavi Hernandez were full of praise for the atmosphere inside Celtic Park after the Catalans were defeated 2-1 in Wednesday evening's Champions League Group G clash.

celticfansvbarca20121108_275x155.jpg

Celtic fans provided one of the best atmospheres in Europe

A capacity 60,000 crowd at Celtic Park cheered the home side throughout, on an occasion packed with meaning and emotion as the Scottish club marked its 125th anniversary.

Although both disappointed to have lost the game, despite dominating in terms of chances and possession, the Catalan coach and players were full of praise for atmosphere inside the stadium and the support given by Celtic's supporters to their players.

"The stadium was spectacular," Vilanova told Canal Plus. "I have been lucky in my career to have been to many grounds, but I have never seen anything like it. This was their 125th birthday and I wish them many more years."

Xavi, who played in a similar atmosphere when Barca exited the UEFA Cup at Celtic Park in 2004, was also generous in his praise for Celtic's fans.

"(The stadium) is a marvel, the fans, the people, how they support their team," he added. "It is an example for every team."

The praise from Barca's stars was in keeping with the close links between the two clubs, which developed further in the build-up to the game.

Barcelona published a photo on their website on Wednesday morning showing Xavi, along with teammates Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta, posing with Celtic's 125-year anniversary kit, while a Barca delegation attended a commemorative religious ceremony organised by the Scottish team on Tuesday.

On the day of the game Barcelona vice-president Carles Vilarrubi led a conference at Glasgow University's Randolph Hall which was headlined: 'Barça: sports, culture and education'. This was followed by a concert given by Catalan folk-pop outfit Els Amics de les Arts.

Celtic also showed their appreciation of the visitors' cultural history - and possibly political future - by flying a Catalan flag on the stadium roof during the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mundo Deportivo – ‘Braveheart contra el Barca’

It was “Braveheart versus Barca”, Mundo Deportivo leads.

“The stadium literally shakes,” editor Joan Poqui tells his readers. “It is hard to imagine that this team, with the support of the fans, lose games in this old and beloved stadium.”

Poqui was taken with the warm emoji_clap of the Celtic supporters as the Barcelona team took to the field before the game and even more impressed by the giants, colourful ‘Tifo’ display before kick off.

“The atmosphere was special. 60,000 plastic green and white sheets formed a mosaic with the club badges and the legend “125 Celtic” on the sides, with a brutal screaming that covered the Champions League anthem.

“It did not stop jumping, singing and shouting. This pushes people to their team, and there is a legend – the stadium literally shakes.”

[video=youtube;hL4_feIEz5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hL4_feIEz5w[/video]

Attachments

• cel.png
    cel.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 29
  • cel1.jpg
    cel1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 28
  • cel2.jpg
    cel2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back