Goodbye zgemma h2s hello mag 254

Well now, I'd hold onto the h2s as a multiroon box, running an e2 script for iptv from a decent provider and you know what it will be as good if not better than the mag

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you are using your zgemma for iptv remove as many picions and Plugins as you can disable tuner and it will work alot better

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Well now, I'd hold onto the h2s as a multiroon box, running an e2 script for iptv from a decent provider and you know what it will be as good if not better than the mag

I tend to agree, if you are getting a Mag as your main box, stick the h2s in bedroom or somewhere with a iptv sub on.

I tend to agree, if you are getting a Mag as your main box, stick the h2s in bedroom or somewhere with a iptv sub on.
Great with all your comments and appreciate that but just want a main box that's best for iptv, now I thought it was the mag 254 but obviously others have different opinions, so what is the best for iptv ?

Great with all your comments and appreciate that but just want a main box that's best for iptv, now I thought it was the mag 254 but obviously others have different opinions, so what is the best for iptv ?
It's horses for courses, everyone has their opinions, mine is the Zgemma h2s with a putty script which gets bouquets and full epg

It's horses for courses, everyone has their opinions, mine is the Zgemma h2s with a putty script which gets bouquets and full epg

Yep same here, with the odd issue but a lot say the mag 254 is built purely for iptv etc etc so gonna give it a go

If you pay around £10/20 extra get the 256 Mag basically same spec as your
254 but is equipped with an ARM Cortex A9 1.5GHz that is a significant upgrade
over the slower processing unit of the 254.
Additionally you get double the amount of RAM ,a solid 1Gb which is also double
to a Zgemma H2s processor by the way.
The Mag 256 won't play your content any better, the same stream
Will look identical on either box but you do get a snappier interface
and navigating the menus is is quicker/better due to the updated Linux version
on this model.
But to be fair you won't go far wrong with a genuine 254/or Zgemma for that matter
like said above in previous threads all about choice?
Happy viewing

Last edited:
Mag will deliver up to 14 day catch up from a decent provider... H2S won’t [emoji30] simples if you’re still in the deciding market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks yeah, took the plunge and Cant regret what I've done watched the boxing other morning and not a single blip, just quality, thanks for input

If you pay around £10/20 extra get the 256 Mag basically same spec as your
254 but is equipped with an ARM Cortex A9 1.5GHz that is a significant upgrade
over the slower processing unit of the 254.
Additionally you get double the amount of RAM ,a solid 1Gb which is also double
to a Zgemma H2s processor by the way.
The Mag 256 won't play your content any better, the same stream
Will look identical on either box but you do get a snappier interface
and navigating the menus is is quicker/better due to the updated Linux version
on this model.
But to be fair you won't go far wrong with a genuine 254/or Zgemma for that matter
like said above in previous threads all about choice?
Happy viewing
Went for 254 and your right could have had a more powerful box but the streams are superb could have used another word if you get my drift and so far so good, I've no complaints about leaving zgemma, only the guys that keep the box running and up to date with their builds, thanks again

Hi Folks

I'm very much in the deciding mode at present,

Previously had an openbox V8s until the great blackout of May 17, managed to do all the setup for this myself (was quite proud of it too :) )

Looking of a box which is capable of recording possibly even twin tuners, as I have about as much chance of watching live TV as I have of signing for PSG (young family)

What are your thoughts,

Things which will affect the decision making are obviously, box recording capabilities, user interface, easy setup and easily maintained.

Cost, don't want to spend the sun the moon and the stars, but willing to buy a decent box

Many thanks

Hi Folks

<snip>

Previously had an openbox V8s until the great blackout of May 17, managed to do all the setup for this myself (was quite proud of it too :) )

Looking of a box which is capable of recording possibly even twin tuners, as I have about as much chance of watching live TV as I have of signing for PSG (young family)

<snip>
Many thanks
Hi,
I'm assuming you are talking about cable, (tuners) in which case you probably would be better off posting in that forum as this is for the H.2s which is primarily satellite.

However if you are talking about IPTV then no tuners are used (internet streams) so before you can get information which is pertinent to what you are actually looking for, a bit more info would be needed.

Back