How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all i have the wii key in my pal 4.2e will this still work on my wii as some of the new games wont play?

this is for softmodding your wii, you have a hardmodded Wii. i am not sure if they are compatible, i will do a little hunting for info and post back to you.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I have donesome checking around and you can both hard and softmod at the same time, so the answer to your original question is yes, this will softmod your PAL 4.2e Wii(y)

I have soft modded my Wii and I have an external HD connected to it. I have installed about 100 ROM's on the HDD and they run fine, a few don't but hey the other 95 do. The problem is that the game images don't download even though it is connected to my wifi. Ther is also loads of room on the SD card which is where they are stored. Has anyone got any suggestions?

In settings on the loader is the correct path selected for the images,i'm just guessing here i dont have that loader

Hi, ive followed the guide and gotten all the way up to this step

9.Open the homebrew menu, then select wad manager and press A.
You will be asked which ios do you want to use, press left/right until ios249 is shown, select this press A.
At “select emulator device”, choose “SD/SDHC card” press A.
At “Select source device” choose “Wii SD slot” press A, it should install.

At the last part of that step at "select source device" i choose Wii SD Slot, and it gives me an error (ret = -1)
Any ideas on what i did wrong? o.o

do you have a folder on your root of the SD card that is called "wad"? this error sounds like the wii cant find the .wad file, you should also have on the root of the card "IOS38-64-v3610.wad"

Last edited:
Yeah, i see both of those on the SD card, The folder and the IOS, Any idea on what else is wrong, or an alternate route i can take to fix this?.

Last edited:
so no problems with step 8?, success appeared?
you could try downloading part three again, i have it on its own at
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G4ORYN06
if you format your card and put this on it should work, or if not

sometimes we ran across problems at this point, could you try again, except this time use IOS 250

Yes, step 8 didnt seem to have any problems with it.

So, i should format the SD and only have Part 3 on it and try step 9 Again?, Or try using the ios250, instead of ios 249 In all steps? or just this one

no, just in this step, you might want to try that first, before downloading step three again

so that step worked with ios 250?, if yes excellent. now just power off the Wii and continue with step 10. you are almost there mate, i am here for another 20 mins or so, just keep in touch if any other problems arise, but they should'nt, the hard part is done(y)

9.Open the homebrew menu, then select wad manager and press A.
You will be asked which ios do you want to use, press left/right until ios249 is shown, select this press A. At “select emulator device”, choose “SD/SDHC card” press A.
At “Select source device” choose “Wii SD slot” press A, it should install.
did you get through all of this step, except you used 250?, the important part being the red bit.

if so go to step 10
10.Restart Wii.
In Wad manager select “ios 249” as the ios version to use, press A.
At “select emulator device” choose SD card, at “select source device” choose wii SD card”
A list of ios’s along with “neor7.wad” appears, select neor wad press A.
You are asked to choose action, use left/right until install wad appears, press A to select.the .wad is installed then you are asked to press any button to continue.
Press the homebutton and the Wii will restart. When you are on the wii menu, you will now notice that you have two new channels, the homebrew channel and the neogamma channel.
and for this step, use 249 again, i really dont know why we restart Wii, we just do

Last edited:
press b, then the home button, i think this will restart the Wii for you , if not just restart it yourself. you are past the problems now mate, I know what it is like doing your first one...nerve wracking. just keep going and let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back