Looking for Asian/foerign foods

RagnarMan

TK Supporter
Looking to start cooking, Asian and other foods from around the world

Does anyone have any suggestions or recepies

I'm really enjoying ramen and dumplings etc, also tried a Russian strew the other day was beautiful!

Dumplings
Ahhh there's a place near me in a small market, tiny little Chinese stall with like 4 chairs and 3 workers, looks run down... but my god is the food to die for only like 10 menu choices including buns and dumplings. absolutely amazing food honestly. Pretty sure it won Takeaway food of the year here

My wife is Thai so I eat a lot of Thai food which I love now and it is very healthy compared to what I used to eat.

Here are a few Thai Dishes 30 of the Best Thai Foods & Dishes You Absolutely Have to Try
Thanks man for the link, will add to the collection :P and when you say compared to what you used to eat? what kind of stuff was that? did you notice a difference in eating that kind of food to what you ate before?

Love Tom Yum soup and Sukiyaki sauce over noodles, Tofu and veg,takes about 5 mins to make
I tried a Wonton soup the other week, was absolutely beautiful

What your fave of all time?

My wife is Thai so I eat a lot of Thai food which I love now and it is very healthy compared to what I used to eat.

Here are a few Thai Dishes 30 of the Best Thai Foods & Dishes You Absolutely Have to Try
Also whats your fav dish?

what about out of like everything though?
What about.
Of like.
Everything though.

Did you mean, 'which is your all time favourite Asian food'?

Mine is some rice cooked for me by a lady called Joy, red hot and full of bits and pieces of chicken, ham, veg, chilli and garlic, I've had it once, 26 years ago and never tasted anything even close to being as good since

What about.
Of like.
Everything though.

Did you mean, 'which is your all time favourite Asian food'?

Mine is some rice cooked for me by a lady called Joy, red hot and full of bits and pieces of chicken, ham, veg, chilli and garlic, I've had it once, 26 years ago and never tasted anything even close to being as good since
Yeah :grin:

and guessing that was some restaurant or something?

Yeah :grin:

and guessing that was some restaurant or something?
Nope, it was a friend of a friend, more of a hobby, she'd make little containers of stuff and sell them for a couple of quid to workmates. I asked dozens of times after that first one but never got the same one again

Keema rice is nice if done the correct way (Indian way) but my favourite rice would have to be Singapore fried rice extra spicy and no prawns

Nope, it was a friend of a friend, more of a hobby, she'd make little containers of stuff and sell them for a couple of quid to workmates. I asked dozens of times after that first one but never got the same one again
that sounds amazing, i used to work with a lad i think he was Indian if I remember correctly, and he brought in a fish curry, my god was it the most amazing thing I've ever tasted. never thought id be a fan of fish curry but yeah was fantastic

Back