Looking for Asian/foerign foods

Keema rice is nice if done the correct way (Indian way) but my favourite rice would have to be Singapore fried rice extra spicy and no prawns
im not a fan of prawns, but im deffo gonna give it a try ahha man i have so many things to try now :grin:

Yes, you can get it in any Asian or Chinese supermarket, some mainstream supermarkets do little tubs of it under the name Knorr season-all, its in the salt and pepper, vinegar and other condiments aisle
i heard its highly addictive though is that true and its bad for you isn't it?

i heard its highly addictive though is that true and its bad for you isn't it?
It's not addictive, well no more addictive than salt or anything else along those lines.
The jury's out on whether it's bad for you, I suppose having it for every meal isn't gonna do you any favours but a few times a week won't do any harm, you only use a pinch, not spoonfuls

It's not addictive, well no more addictive than salt or anything else along those lines.
The jury's out on whether it's bad for you, I suppose having it for every meal isn't gonna do you any favours but a few times a week won't do any harm, you only use a pinch, not spoonfuls
i suppose the same applies to anything though really doesn't it even the healthies foods can become trouble if you consume more than you should

I posted three replies to this thread in September and all three have been deleted.
@RagnarMan quoted one in post #16 but there were others, all related to rice/Asian food.
Why were they removed?

I posted three replies to this thread in September and all three have been deleted.
@RagnarMan quoted one in post #16 but there were others, all related to rice/Asian food.
Why were they removed?

They should be showing for you now?

I'm not entirely sure why they were deleted looking at them. I'll update you later. Likely a mistake.

Over the last year I've started getting into making my own curries in a big way. First of all using this YouTube account Al's Kitchen then going down the BIR method using base gravy which is how the restaurants cook curries. I was sick of paying money for sub standard curries and then there's the hygiene aspect not knowing what's in your food so decided to get into it properly.

For beginners use the link I gave you above you can make some really tasty authentic curries using that page. The method being is you boil approx 500g of onions and then process them to make your base gravy. Then add appropriate spices depending on the kind of curry you want to make.
His Chasni is my favourite, then the garlic chilli chicken and pathia are all restaurant quality when you follow his method. Once you've mastered those you can get into making your own base gravy and really becoming good at making them.

A base gravy I made just before Xmas.

20231224_100309.jpg

20231224_212059.jpg

You separate them into 400ml amounts and freeze them. Take them out when you want to cook a curry and bring to the boil. You then add half the amount again with water to thin the base gravy out and add to your curry in small amounts whilst cooking the spices. You cook it down and keep adding more which creates the authentic taste.

A few curries I've made this year.

This is the Chasni I mentioned above on Al's kitchen YouTube channel.

20231105_125048.jpg

Garlic chilli chicken using base gravy. Also available on Al's channel.

20231008_143435.jpg

Pathia.
20231015_183104.jpg

And this one I've just thrown together not less than an hour ago. Just my own freestyle one. Takes about 15 minutes with the base gravy method.

20231229_180441.jpg

Over the last year I've started getting into making my own curries in a big way. First of all using this YouTube account Al's Kitchen then going down the BIR method using base gravy which is how the restaurants cook curries. I was sick of paying money for sub standard curries and then there's the hygiene aspect not knowing what's in your food so decided to get into it properly.

For beginners use the link I gave you above you can make some really tasty authentic curries using that page. The method being is you boil approx 500g of onions and then process them to make your base gravy. Then add appropriate spices depending on the kind of curry you want to make.
His Chasni is my favourite, then the garlic chilli chicken and pathia are all restaurant quality when you follow his method. Once you've mastered those you can get into making your own base gravy and really becoming good at making them.

View attachment 98067

View attachment 98068

You separate them into 400ml amounts and freeze them. Take them out when you want to cook a curry and bring to the boil. You then add half the amount again with water to thin the base gravy out and add to your curry in small amounts whilst cooking the spices. You cook it down and keep adding more which creates the authentic taste.

View attachment 98069

View attachment 98070

Pathia.
View attachment 98074

And this one I've just thrown together not less than an hour ago. Just my own freestyle one. Takes about 15 minutes with the base gravy method.

View attachment 98078

Those look amazing. I use a book called "The Curry Secret" that has the same method.

View attachment 98067

View attachment 98068

View attachment 98069

View attachment 98070

Pathia.
View attachment 98074

View attachment 98078
I have also started doing my own and started on curry secret on fb,they have lots of recipes there and also give links to such as als kitchen misty ricardo and others.. i also now make my own base gravey in batches and also batchcook diferent meats in portions ready to make different curries on the day.
I also now make my own naan breads and onion bhajis. Took some doing but eventually got a lamb jalfrezi very similar to the takeaway i use.which is my favourite curry.

Chapli kebab & saag roti & mooli paratha & dal & Peshwari naan & keema & shora chicken aloo

Last edited:

View attachment 98067

View attachment 98068

View attachment 98069

View attachment 98070

Pathia.
View attachment 98074

View attachment 98078
All this looks banging thanks for the link too bud!

Back