Netflix Turkey Increase

Still unsure if it's worth getting this in case a flag something up, acct was set up yrs ago when no need for Turkish number or gift cards , my Halifax clarity card still works. Only had to use a VPN on initial setup . So if I suddenly use one not sure if they'll think some one else is using it.

Last edited:
Still unsure if it's worth getting this in case a flag something up, acct was set up yrs ago when no need for Turkish number or gift cards , my Halifax clarity card still works. Only had to use a VPN on initial setup . So if I suddenly use one not sure if they'll think some one else is using it.
It won't affect it but you don't need to use a vpn to login to either netflix or the game ...your obviously using netflix without one currently anyway? Just download game when released try you login works great if not u ain't lost anything.

Its costing me about £6.50 inc card commission for a 200TL voucher from MTC Game. Are there cheaper places to buy the gift vuochers?

I pay for mine using a revolut card.

I got a mail earlier this month telling me of a price hike from 199TL to 299TL a month from Feb24.

When I apply the giftcards it tells me the date the subscription runs to, is that likely to change with the price increase? Or because the giftcards have already been applied I've purchased at the current price and the renewal date remains.

When I apply the giftcards it tells me the date the subscription runs to, is that likely to change with the price increase? Or because the giftcards have already been applied I've purchased at the current price and the renewal date remains.
Yes it will update from date the price increase starts on your subscription...Will auto adjust the dates ...

Finally got cut off. They cancelled my account and when I reactivated it with a Turkey gift card I can now only watch via a VPN to Turkey. It was good while it lasted - might need to start paying for a local sub :/

Finally got cut off. They cancelled my account and when I reactivated it with a Turkey gift card I can now only watch via a VPN to Turkey. It was good while it lasted - might need to start paying for a local sub :/
Did you get any warning or email notification they were going to cancel? Won't it let you renew using same card? If you added giftcards it's prob reset to 30 day geo block so you may well be fine after that period

Did you get any warning or email notification they were going to cancel? Won't it let you renew using same card? If you added giftcards it's prob reset to 30 day geo block so you may well be fine after that period
No warning whatsoever - and they had deleted my UK card on file too.

I’ll see if they let me use it without VPN again in the future. For now I’ve just configured a VPN policy on my router to route that domain to Turkey

Did you let your sub expire or did they stop the auto renewal?

Neither - they cancelled the sub and removed the payment card despite it not being renewal time. From browsing Reddit they seem to have done a megapurge of accounts where the payment card country didn’t match the subscription country. Lots of aussies had the same thing happen to them at the same time

My turkish account is still going, they took payment yesterday, will sit and wait until they terminate mine.

Back