new a850 glitching on sd and hd channels

If you cant get your orig fimware to put back on it (warranty) why dont you get the mod done or at least checked out as you dont want to lose out

was the box bought from a known supplier.
if your getting a patterning effect it sounds like the mod hasnt been done

---------- Post Merged at 12:33 AM ----------

i have sent you a pm if you can remove the power supply board and send me a clear photo of the component side and print side then i will tell you if the mods been done or not

borofc you may need to delete some messages or you wont get a reply;)handy photo never thought of that ,cheers m8

Hi grey, im in manchester, symptons sound like my box before i had the mod done, dont send the box back, just get one of the guys on here to do the mod, borofc did mine and its been great since.

but if advertised as done i would contact supplier to say they might have missed this one and as the box is new most deffinately should not have to pay to get it done again,we will see what borofc says with photos.
" box is as not advertised "

He has already installed patched firmware and there is no way of getting factory firmware so he might not accept return being modified.

I have also ordered from TS yesterday is it good idea to run it on original firmware for sometime to see if mod is actually done?

What is the best way of testing without actually opening the box to expose board?

Is there a way to backup original firmware from box to pc incase it needs to go back?

have you an aerial on house for freeview and plug it and scan?unsure if you can upload firmware to a blank formatted usb stick?

@borofc - i've sent you some pics.

@marcus - good to hear. what netid are you on?

@cactkid - poor service from TS in my opinion, not even replied to my emails!

@vsh - scoured the net for original firmware and could not find it (wonder why?!). in my opinion there is no difference between buying from TS or fleabay cos soon as the latest firmware is installed then there goes your warranty! i was under the impression that the factory firmware only works with aerial and not coaxial, so completely diff feed/signal and therefore not a true reflection of what will happen when you install the latest firmware?

Ok so I have received the box today and updated to latest firmware from download section. Most SD channels working fine. HD channels picture is ok but no sound. I mean no proper sound but only making noise like chchchchch. Any idea what it could be? Am I missing any settings or could it be box?

---------- Post Merged at 11:25 PM ----------

I think I managed to back up original software but haven't tested it so can not confirm.

I tried audio button. if I select second option it gives clear sound but also describe the scene ( like its explaining to blond people)

I tried 2 different hdmi and different ports but same result. I think it can't be cable fault because It works when I change audio to 2/2 after pressing yellow button.

Back