Problems with 3.41 Firmware L.A. Noire

Is that a download of your backup

i just downloaded it from ps3iso.com oh i no what im missing, 3.41fw fix for the game. Then it will allow me to play the game :) the link is dead the guy posted have to look elsewhere now

any ideas where to get the fix from?

Last edited:
just found that the very same time you posted that link, how weird lol

sinno you're just great :)

how do i install the fix? first time you see, once i know how then the rest is a formality, thanks for all your great help :) i've learnt loads.

Last edited:
Depending on your set up,you can put the new eboot and whatever files are with it directly to the game by ftp'ing them to the ps3,the easiest method is if you still have the game on your computer just copy and paste,the eboot will be in the GAME/USDIR folder,i cant remember what files come with that particular fix

Depending on your set up,you can put the new eboot and whatever files are with it directly to the game by ftp'ing them to the ps3,the easiest method is if you still have the game on your computer just copy and paste,the eboot will be in the GAME/USDIR folder,i cant remember what files come with that particular fix

i'll have a look around on the net, it will tell me how to install it, i got a brief idea on how to install the fix, going to try it later on.

364.jpg

im getting that error message when copying the LA Noire game to FAT 32 external hard drive, everything else copies successfully apart from this file, why is that? Hard drive is 1TB, even tried on 120GB external hard drive, same problem

Last edited:
The file is bigger than 4gb,Fat 32 will not take a file of that size,you will need to put the game on your internal hdd of the ps3,or use ps3file splitter,i think that game has problems if the file is split

The file is bigger than 4gb,Fat 32 will not take a file of that size,you will need to put the game on your internal hdd of the ps3,or use ps3file splitter,i think that game has problems if the file is split

i cant put it on the internal HDD with that file missing surely? or will the game work without that file?

if i FTP it from PC to PS3 will it take ages? because the game is 20+GB however if i use the PS3 Splitter will it not corrupt the game?

As i said you will have to ftp from pc to ps3,and i also said i think the game has problems if that file is split,of course the game would not work without that file

i have split that file with PS3 Splitter, for some reason when i put it on hard drive (patch file for 3.41) and go to install package files and install from there, when i run LA Noire keeps asking me to upgrade from 3.41 to 3.60.

how do i go about FTP games from PC to PS3 then? and how quick is this?

You will need openps3ftp on your ps3,your quickest way is to connect the ps3 via ethernet cable to the router,get your ip address of the ps3 when you open openps3ftp,goto your pc and open a windows window highlight whatever you opened and type ftp://*********** whatever your ip adress is of the ps3,you will get a list of files,you want dev.hdd0/GAME/LAUN1234/GAMEZ it is in here you put the game with the modified eboot(fix for 3.41),it will take from 1 to 2 hours,if you try it wirelessly it will probably take 2 days

You will need openps3ftp on your ps3,your quickest way is to connect the ps3 via ethernet cable to the router,get your ip address of the ps3 when you open openps3ftp,goto your pc and open a windows window highlight whatever you opened and type ftp://*********** whatever your ip adress is of the ps3,you will get a list of files,you want dev.hdd0/GAME/LAUN1234/GAMEZ it is in here you put the game with the modified eboot(fix for 3.41),it will take from 1 to 2 hours,if you try it wirelessly it will probably take 2 days

i think i will rule that out then, wirelessly is the only option by FTP sinno. Erm i've head people saying they use Multiman. What is that? is it like Open Manager? Gosh the stress im going through for my brother lol

split4g is another software isnt it for splitting files. also file manager for joining the split files, this is getting too complicated now for me LOL

Last edited:
Multiman is a multitude of things that can also load games but can only load a game that works,La noire only works on the internal,if you use any splitter on the big file the game will not work properly, FTP to the internal thats my advice take it or leave it

Multiman is a multitude of things that can also load games but can only load a game that works,La noire only works on the internal,if you use any splitter on the big file the game will not work properly, FTP to the internal thats my advice take it or leave it

Thanks for being patient with me sinno. Appreciate your help. Will try without the FTP if it does not do, then he will have to FTP the game to his PS3.

yes its working... but no voices and no cutscenes... because of split files... soo... gonna need wait for better fix,cuz its not fun to play without voices and cutscenes... i picked a letter in first mission... and my game freezes
Thats a quote from a person who tested the game,your wasting your time on any attempt other than the internal hdd

Thats a quote from a person who tested the game,your wasting your time on any attempt other than the internal hdd

i'll give it a go, if it doesn't work he can wait till a fix is out then. Not like the game is running anywhere lol

there wont be a fix to get this on external,it works on the internal

so the only option is to FTP it then? im sure i read somewhere that it works on 3.41 and 3.55 on external and internal, im going to look in to this problem and see what i can find. I'll give you a break sinno, prob done your head-in at the moment lol

oh well looks like he is going to have the buy the game then

Back