PS3 Jail break hack guide and software

dooby2oon

VIP Member
All info and software needed is in download enjoy

Jailbreak allows ps3 owners to backup games to internal or connected external hdds from disk or you can now download games with title of game then JB after, just download and add to your hdd

Connects via usb so no opening of console

PS3 Jail break hack guide and software - Downloads - TechKings

when completed above you then need to install backup manager

PS JailBreak Easy Start-Up Instructions:

1. Visit here - download Backup Manager.pkg and copy onto any standard FAT32 formatted USB flash drive

2. Power off your console

3. Insert PS Jailbreak into your consoles USB port (you should have nothing else plugged in usb ports)

4. Press power button on console, release power button and then immediately press the eject button (You will then see two lights while the console loads. If the light turns green then that means PS Jailbreak is working,if it turns red then that means you did not press power/eject in a quick enough sequence. If you see red light please un-plug your console from the wall and begin step 4 over again).

5. Insert USB key with backup manager downloaded on it.

6. On main system menu go to "Game", then "Install Package Files", and click to install Backup Manager.

7. Scroll down game menu and you will see Backup Manager application, please click on it

8. Insert your licensed game that you would like to backup into the drive, if you wish to backup to an external hard drive please insert it now. Click O button to backup game. You will be asked if you would like to backup to external hard drive (by clicking no it will ask you to backup to internal hard drive).

9. To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100's of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process). Now choose the game you would like to load with Backup Manager highlighted. Scroll up 1 and you will see the chosen game that you have loaded from Backup Manager.

Click on it, an enjoy your games!

Current list of DIY USB devices that are compatible:
AT90USBKEY2, ATAVRXPLAIN board, D2PROG tool for Wii D2PRO modchip, AT90USB1287, AT90S8515, MinimusUSB AVR USB dev unit, BlackCat USB Flash Memory Programer, Teensy++ / Teensy 2.0, Microingenia 18F2550 trainer, Microingenia BEEPIC 18F2550, Sparkfun USB Bit Whacker -18F2553 Dev Board, Sparkfun USB Bit Whacker - 18F2553 PTH Kit, Tronix 2550 Dev Board V2 and V3, Olimex PIC-USB-4550 (PIC-P28-USB and PIC-P40-USB *should* also work) :

We here at Tech Kings will try to keep this list updated as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTICE: To all the PSFreedom, PSGroove, PSJailbreak owners out there!

Sony has finally released the Dongle-Blocking v3.42 firmware to all the PS3's around the world!

FOR NOW PLEASE DON'T UPDATE YOUR PS3, IF YOU WISH TO FULLY ENJOY IT!

NOTICE: To all the PSFreedom, PSGroove, PSJailbreak owners out there!

Sony has finally released the Dongle-Blocking v3.42 firmware to all the PS3's around the world!

FOR NOW PLEASE DON'T UPDATE YOUR PS3, IF YOU WISH TO FULLY ENJOY IT! what dos it do to ur ps3 sorry bit slow lol

hi connolly, if you have any inclination to use the dongle(which allows you to play back up discs), then dont update to this firmware as it stops you using the dongle.

3.50 has been put out as the new firmware which is supposed to enable 3d viewing but a side effect is any 3rd party usb devices(not official or endorsed by sony)accesories will not work
IF YOU WANT TO JAILBREAK DON'T UPDATE

premature of the dongle guys to do this if you ask me, everyone knew for months this update was coming. Money hungry though!

thanks for the reply buddy!

it gets worse lol, came home from work, to find the ps3 now on v3.50

gots love our kids ehh?...

if the box is updated already is there anyway you can backdate the firmware upgrade?

or will they be a jailbreak out for the up to date firmware ps3 has sent out????

so does this only work on the fat ps3 not the slims and its been a long time coming but eventually saves people a fortune and will there ever be a flash like you can the 360

to the best of my knowladge (not muchlol) this works for both, and in my opinion, why flash when you can just plug in a USB stick? its harder to flash

As far as i can tell, this works for both Fat and Slim; assuming the Firmware is at 3.41.

And i agree with Wheelo, plugging in a USB stick is much easier than the flashing processes used for most console hacks. I'll take the USB stick over the hard-chip-modding days of the PS2. :cheesy grin: lol

Back