PS3 Jail break hack guide and software

How big is the file containing the backup manager that you found

i finally understand this, ive bought the original PSJailbreak USB waiting for that, and the rest will just be a formality, thank you everyone for taking their valuable time to assist me,

espicially wheelo :)

see you guys later, nipping out now.

Last edited:
cant i just modify my rockband guitar dongle (that wireless usb adapter from the rockband guitar) for it to use or do i need this kubus dongle? i read that the RB adapter is a dongle too oO? or am i wrong

Last edited:
cant i just modify my rockband guitar dongle (that wireless usb adapter from the rockband guitar) for it to use or do i need this kubus dongle? i read that the RB adapter is a dongle too oO? or am i wrong

just get a normal USB dongle, FAT32 and install backup manager on it, save yourself a lot of trouble.

Edit: Apparently I was mistaken, sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
ah ok.
but would it work?
got no money to buy a dongle atm so i just wanted to ask if its possible^^,

im quite sure it will work, i updated my ps3 version from 3.21 to 3.41 using my own personal usb stick.

well explained there mate ^^^^^^

Last edited:
ah ok.
but would it work?
got no money to buy a dongle atm so i just wanted to ask if its possible^^,

Unless you are referring to something else, that is really just a receiver for the wireless and will not work for this.

im quite sure it will work, i updated my ps3 version from 3.21 to 3.41 using my own personal usb stick.

well explained there mate ^^^^^^

well, i dont meant that xD i asked if i could modify that usb dongle from my rockband guitar (that wireless usb controller) and could get JB on that :dunno:? is that RB dongle something different from the other dongle?
ive got everything here but not that damn dongle -.- thats why im asking for some alternatives.
normal usb sticks wont work, i know.

well, i dont meant that xD i asked if i could modify that usb dongle from my rockband guitar (that wireless usb controller) and could get JB on that :dunno:? is that RB dongle something different from the other dongle?
ive got everything here but not that damn dongle -.- thats why im asking for some alternatives.
normal usb sticks wont work, i know.

i'll leave some PS3 expert to help you mate. sorry for the confusion.

its allright man ^^, i dont want to bother you. was just a question. but thx for your help anyway =D

would this stick work?
DIAMEX USB ISP-Programmer for ATMEL AVR, STK500, ATmega, ATtiny, AT90
(found on amazon.de)

Last edited:
its allright man ^^, i dont want to bother you. was just a question. but thx for your help anyway =D

would this stick work?
DIAMEX USB ISP-Programmer for ATMEL AVR, STK500, ATmega, ATtiny, AT90
(found on amazon.de)

Yes, that should work then follow the instruction on the 1st page of this post and you should be ready to rock and roll.

HI 7th and/or Dooby, is there any chance of changing the first post to include a few of the USB sticks that will work, there seems to be a lot of confusion over what will or wont work, just a thought, thanks

thanks mate, just seemed to be a lot of confusion about USB/Dongle/flash drives and what they all meant and what could be used(y)

ive updated my ps3 to FW 3.50. my question is now if i format my hdd, take it out and plug it in again, shoudlnt it ask for an update? i know there isnt a downgrader yet, so would it work?
ive read that the FW is installed onto the ps3 and not the hdd :/ and ive read that the PAL 80GB models sometimes reset to a standart factory firmware if you format it.

if not then i need to wait or buy another ps3.

Last edited:
ive updated my ps3 to FW 3.50. my question is now if i format my hdd, take it out and plug it in again, shoudlnt it ask for an update? i know there isnt a downgrader yet, so would it work?
ive read that the FW is installed onto the ps3 and not the hdd :/ and ive read that the PAL 80GB models sometimes reset to a standart factory firmware if you format it.

if not then i need to wait or buy another ps3.

Nice try but i don't think that will work for you,i changed my hdd just to increase the size and firmware remained the same,you could buy a new one,a m8 of mine got 1 yeaterday and firmware was 3.40

Back