Recording issue on E4

I edited extras but didn't change the epgselection.pyo. Unless there's something in the new skin that doesn't need the hacked pyo?

Right, I've tested the new nightly ATV and given the autotimer a proper thrashing and it's working every time :hurray:
Someone, somewhere has clearly fixed something!

Edit: Still had to fix the tuners though!

Last edited:
So is there an idiots guide to this fix that we can follow? All sounds very complicated but willing to give it a go to get one up on the Mrs :-)

Right, I've tested the new nightly ATV and given the autotimer a proper thrashing and it's working every time :hurray:
Someone, somewhere has clearly fixed something!

Edit: Still had to fix the tuners though!

So is there an idiots guide to this fix that we can follow? All sounds very complicated but willing to give it a go to get one up on the Mrs :-)

If there is a simple fix, I don't know what it is. When I did a software update it broke the box so flashed the latest nightly build from scratch.
You can do that easily enough with Kiddac's BareBones Guide or you can download my ATV build that I updated about 20 minutes ago in the H2S downloads section.

It's the OpenATV one in my signature. It still has the old date on but it's a new build. It's only a link to my NAS.

Hiya all

Just been reading through to catch up. So it appears Willo that they have sorted the series link finally but the tuner b issue with the E4 etc still remains? Do the OpenATV updates replace the tuner drivers or is that still unknown?

Also, this seems to be the case on he 2S also? Or is there not much going on with that? I know the H2S seems to be replacing them as time goes on.

Do I need to update anything in WooshBuild yet which will help the majority or are things still in test? As always, credit goes where credit is due.

Last edited:
the tuner b issue with the E4 etc still remains?

Yes, even today's nightly ATV fails on the E4+1 tuner B test. All the new builds have the same problem. OpenVix, Vix4 E2 and ItalySAT and probably every other build out there.
First thing I check now and change them for Wooshbuild 3.03 drivers, works every time!

The autotimer issue is resolved on the nightly full image but on a software update it just trashed my box.

the tuner b issue with the E4 etc still remains?

Yes, even today's nightly ATV fails on the E4+1 tuner B test. All the new builds have the same problem. OpenVix, Vix4 E2 and ItalySAT and probably every other build out there.
First thing I check now and change them for Wooshbuild 3.03 drivers, works every time!

The autotimer issue is resolved on the nightly full image but on a software update it just trashed my box.

And what happens if you do an update? Do they get replaced with the newer files? I don't have the problem on my box as mentioned before so I am a bit stuck to test.

My box actually updated itself. I don't know what prompted it but it started acting really sluggishly, unable to pause/rew etc and then I noticed that my record series mod had changed to add autotimer again. Also when trying cache flush the cache was maxed out all the time.
I checked the rest of the files and they had all been updated but I don't know why. I then tried to do a full manual update but it didn't improve so I just flashed Vix to make it usable.
Just thought I would try a full flash today to harvest some updated files to have a mess about with but the box actually works now! boom!
Another thing that works is the epg hack for kiddac's skin without having to copy the modified epgselection.py over. I don't know if that's down to kiddac or atv though.

Hi. Does anyone know where i can get the "Extra" driver folder fix for Tuner b on OpenATV. The links in this thread are no longer valid and i don't want to flash if i can help it.

Just checked and the flash files are online. Are you sure your box is connected to the internet OK?

Hi the whoosh update sorted the ch/e4 recording out but will only fast forward -rewind at x8 it just freezes after that or stutters like another poster said did anyone else have this problem & now how to fix it all other channels are ok

Back