Recording issue on E4

this fix doesn't work on the 2S. When i went to restart the box after putting the new extra folder in, it got stuck in boot mode

Bit of messing about, but could you not try flash an old build, v3.x or something, ftp to extract the folder called 'extra' from
Lib->modules->4.1
Flash back to most recent, ftp, download or delete extra from same location and upload the folder you got from old flash and restart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do this, save a copy of the extra file you get from old build and load onto Dropbox so people can just download and swap without flash etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try following the above mate, getting that 'extra' folder and going back to most recent v4.x and then ftp over.
Worked for me before the new update on h2s.
If you're still unsure how to do it let me know ill talk you through step-by-step.

Bit of messing about, but could you not try flash an old build, v3.x or something, ftp to extract the folder called 'extra' from
Lib->modules->4.1
Flash back to most recent, ftp, download or delete extra from same location and upload the folder you got from old flash and restart?

Edit: I've just realised from reading back I think you now have it working. If you do the above then it could help being able to use the new update with that folder, test for Woosh and help him know what to include on his update. Though if you just want to be able to use it then I guess you're good

Last edited:
Iv not got a 2s to test drivers, if anyone has a spare one knocking about and wants to help out im sure it would be appreciated.

Think I might of found a really weird bug with this fix (or it could be some other random bug)
When playing back a recording from one of the channels that needed this fix it plays perfect but when I go to fast forward the adverts I can't go faster than 8x or it seems to stick and not fast forward at all or jumps forward loads or even weirder jumps back to before the adverts started. No other recordings I have done have ever done this so that's why I came to the conclusion it maybe something to do with the older drivers?

Think I might of found a really weird bug with this fix (or it could be some other random bug)
When playing back a recording from one of the channels that needed this fix it plays perfect but when I go to fast forward the adverts I can't go faster than 8x or it seems to stick and not fast forward at all or jumps forward loads or even weirder jumps back to before the adverts started. No other recordings I have done have ever done this so that's why I came to the conclusion it maybe something to do with the older drivers?

I am experiencing this on a completely different box running OpenATV. I have just flashed it and installing one plugin at a time to try and decide what it is. I have initialised drive and converted to ext4 to try and eliminate anything it could be. I think it could be more OpenATV than the tuner fix. Could be wrong though.

I am sure they increase the number of adverts when they know you have FF issues lol

Hmm interesting
Kinda bizarre that I have only had the issue with recordings from the channels this fix was for

Brand new h2s and most recent wooshbuild and experiencing the e4 issue where it doesnt record.

Having read all the comments I thought Martins post seemed to be the fix but neither the dropbox or attachment links work for me. It could be that I am at work and some kind of filter has kicked in, but can someone please post instructions on how to fix this (I'm still a noob so please be patient).

Thanks

The latest version of WooshBuild already has the files included in it, I cannot tell you though if an OpenATV update will replace them.

So can someone recommend how to fix this?

I would try to update openatv but think I have latest version, if i update this I wont lose slyskin will i? If not, how do i check the version or update?

Flash WooshBuild v4.002 again and don't do OpenATV updates and try your recording on E4. What I mean above whas I don't know if OpenATV will update them and replace them with new files, if it does it will overwrite the fix.

I flashed the FINAL version (2nd from top) but still no luck

Flash WooshBuild v4.002 again and don't do OpenATV updates and try your recording on E4. What I mean above whas I don't know if OpenATV will update them and replace them with new files, if it does it will overwrite the fix.

I'm also having issue when trying to record. Have tuner a and b set up as single on 28.2e but when I hit record and change channel I get no runner. Cables are in fine.

Its a nightmare this one.

I worked hard to convince the wife that this would save us a fortune and it would be almost like for like due to the work the guys on here have done and then she drops the bombshell that series link recording doesnt work. Of course E4 just happens to be the channel she watches most doesnt it :-(

series link recording doesnt work

It does on ItalySAT but doesn't work properly on Vix and OpenATV for some reason, but this only appears to be on certain channels.
I have set a series link for a program every day, at any time, on Really, Real Lives and Pick but the autotimer won't record Pick for some reason.
I've tried copying the autotimer plugin and timer.pyo from ItalySAT to ATV but it still doesn't work properly.
I have also tried setting the autotimer direct from Menu > Timers and that doesn't work either.
Also tried setting the autotimer direct from the Pick channel in the EPG and it still records everything but Pick!
Next step is to populate the EPG from ABM rather than E2 and see if that makes a difference.
Time for someone who knows what they're doing to have a go I think :willy nilly:

Edit: I've just flashed today's nightly build from OpenATV and series link is working. I have used AB E2 and EPG Importer instead of CrossEPG.
I will report back after further testing. Strangely enough the sky epg tabs are working in Kiddac's skin without the hacked epgselection.pyo.

Last edited:
Back