Set up help please

trajohno

Hi. I am really having problems sorting out the n line on my new zgemma. I have coped the details to notepad then usb then transferred them over ftp to the box but I still have nothing. Please help before I smash the bloody thing up LOL

I am using open vix. I am doing it as a newcamd.list

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 AM ----------

Which location do I have to send it to?

and I write it down N: host port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

make it into a newcamd.list

then transfer to etc

No he's doing newcamd so it will be best having it in mgcamd so CWS = port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 in usr/keys

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 AM ----------

and I write it down N: host port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

make it into a newcamd.list

then transfer to etc

The way your on about doing it is in cccam.cfg not newcamd.list

Haha sorry if your using a backup from here you will have the newcamd.list file in usr/keys just copy your line without the n and past after CWS = with spaces then menu,setup,sofcam/Ci,softcamanager then yellow to restart mgcamd 1.38 check if it's set to autostart then you should be good to go have fun

Just rebooting and I will set it to the mg and let you know

---------- Post Merged at 08:23 AM ----------

no config files found on mgcam

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 AM ----------

tried it on the new cam list option too and it said found non standard soft cam

have you got softcam manager files? have you got mgcam installed - you may need to download it as a plug in or ftp an 'ipk' file for them both - ipk is just the format, like jpeg, txt etc

Last edited:
if you open your ftp programme and look in usr/keys folder - what is in there? I usually delete everything other than mgcfg and newcm list - don't alter the mgcfg - leave as is, its the newcm list that should be your line - replace the existing (if you have it) with your line as described above - or you could open up the existing and edit it,

you will then also need to actually start your cam via softcam manager (on a fta channel. press blue button, your softcam manager should be one of the options )

filezilla

---------- Post Merged at 08:52 AM ----------

I need to get ready for work. I will be back on about 2. I will sort this if it kills me. I have gone from an open box to this. The open box was plug and play and so much easier

stay with it, its a good receiver - we will help when you get back ! I personally would start again from flash but use the mt pockets version/set up as its based on openATV so can be updated on line -

Right I am back. I have done a flash with mt pockets. Followed the instructions to a T

Created my server details using C: host port user password 01 etc and placed it into the CCcam file on keys file on usr via filezilla. I still have no channels. Only bbc etc

Back