Set up help please

i never touch mg_cfg just edit newcam file
run softcam instal newscs 1.67 and mg thats the only way i ever done it

edit the file thats already in there ,just put your lines over the dummy lines that came with flash

---------- Post Merged at 04:08 PM ----------

there if on mine mate

---------- Post Merged at 04:08 PM ----------

is sorry not if

You shouldn't need to download any extra files mtpockets has done the hard work for you all you should do is edit the newcamd.list that's already there and check that no other cams are active and start start mgcamd

openbox s6000hd youtube is not working anymore

---------- Post Merged at 04:20 PM ----------

need help on skybox f5s backup

Should I have a cam2 selected too?

---------- Post Merged at 04:34 PM ----------

I dont think the code I have been sent works, I bought it for an open box and used it on that but its not playing ball with this. I have followed every instruction step by step and done everything you have told me too

mg cam needs to run

---------- Post Merged at 04:49 PM ----------

just cut n paste your n line into the cccam folder on file zilla....you will see where it goes ...over the top of dummy line
and only use cccam in softcam try that

Should I have a cam2 selected too?

---------- Post Merged at 04:34 PM ----------

I dont think the code I have been sent works, I bought it for an open box and used it on that but its not playing ball with this. I have followed every instruction step by step and done everything you have told me too

ok, I am back now so will help as I said I would - the line should work in any box, though some need to be amended slightly

are you in touch with your line provider? if so, ask them if they can make sure it is set up for a zgemma ?

in the interim, just check your line is still working in your old box, that way you at least know your line is working

The line was working yesterday morning. I have taken the open box out now so can't really check without messing around. I have done another flash and I am gonna start from scratch.

The line she gave me for the zgemma started with an N: so do I keep it the same and then what file do I make for that on notepad? newcamd.list?

---------- Post Merged at 05:06 PM ----------

why am i getting creating hardlink to timeshift file failed when I start up?

no replace the N with CWS

Usr-keys or var-keys depending on your image.

Edit mgcamd file if N line, save and exit.
reload cam
possibly restart box

I'm going to leave it to misterb he's got more experience with atv and I'm off to work for a 12hour shift use filezilla go to usr/keys right click newcamd.list and edit input your details without n after cws = with a space then restart cam I hope you get it sorted

I have put the newcam file into mgcfg file on filezilla and then transferred to the box via filezilla. Still nothing

in your usr/keys folder you need two files. mgcfg AND newcam list - you don't put newcam INTO mgcfg, they are separate files.

when you flashed with mt pockets image you should have several files in the usr/keys folder (you can see them with your ftp programme) depending on what sort of line you have you don't need all of them, but for now, until you know what sort of line you have, just leave them as is.

Last edited:
CWS (then a space) = (then a space) - then the rest of your line

when your in filezilla - open up the usr/keys folder

don't open or mess with any other files than newcam.list (yet)

right click on the newcam.list file in usr keys and open with notepad. you can then see how the line is set up - I would copy and past the information into another notepad document - I would then copy and paste your existing line underneath it - that way you can compare the two files and see the differences

it will allow you to see what changes you need to make to the newcam.list that's already on your receiver - you can make those changes and then copy and paste them back into the notepad document that you originally opened in the usr/keys file, replacing its current content

I normally delete every other file in the usr/keys folder - just leaving the two files, mgcfg and newcam.list

- save and exit everything - then go to free to air channel and press blue button, use menu to scroll to softcam manger, highlight softcam 1 then scroll left or right until you get mgcam 1.35, then start cam using buttons shown ( I think its the green button from memory), exit everything - and you should be ok to work on scrambled channels

Last edited:
Back