SF8 installation all-nighter= pounding headache and bleary eyes. FURTHER QUESTIONS..

I'll need to have a look for this swap file then and see if it does me any good. My usb is only about a gig.

The only problem i think i'm having now is the spinning/loading vix symbol appearing quite a lot.

Also out of interest when navigating menus is there a single button i can press that takes me staight back to tv?

I spoke too soon. I put the box on this morning for the first tine today and it's sticking at the openvix screen. Tried a restart, an enigma restart and removing ethernet and usb for restart and still no luck. Is this common or easy to fix? Girlfriends getting mightily pi**ed off. I think the box is going to end up going back.

i think know what you have done. i think you have gor the 7 day epg saving to your internal memory or the internal memory is full this will cause this problem. there is nothing wrong with the box

i think know what you have done. i think you have gor the 7 day epg saving to your internal memory or the internal memory is full this will cause this problem. there is nothing wrong with the box

I followed the steps laid out by yourself and wheelo for the 7day epg but i most definitely could have got it wrong. How would i check this mate?

---------- Post Merged at 11:29 AM ----------

Memory stats are

RAM:
Total memory - 235884
Free memory - 133608
Cached - 43404

FLASH:
Total - 104.7M
Free - 48.1M

read my guide it covers evreything.
http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/54103-how-setup-vu-solo-duo-vix-image.html
it is the same setup it dose not matter which box you have.

Thanks again Mike, i haven't seen that before, that would have been helpful for my first install lol.

Anyway i had a read and my settings all matched up, after some tinkering around though it has came back on.

Can you tell me what you have under EPG>Settings 'Automatic Refresh' 'Refresh Every' and 'Automatic Save' menus? i changed these and rebooted.

I'll Report back on the spinning Vix logo frequency. It seemed to appear most of the time when flicking channels in epg etc last night.

you only need to change settings that are in my guide. dont bother with anything else it is not needed

you only need to change settings that are in my guide. dont bother with anything else it is not needed

What's confusing me is that it only started to work after i changed these from the default disabled etc. I don't even know what they are though.

What i will say about this box (crashing and spinning vix/loading issues aside) is the picture and in itself has been outstanding, no glitches at all yet.

a swap file may sort that out. when the vix image is spinning it is normally doing something. however, it should only happen once a day or something like that. or when you are downloading something.

a swap file may sort that out. when the vix image is spinning it is normally doing something. however, it should only happen once a day or something like that. or when you are downloading something.

It's happening far more than that so must be an definite problem somewhere. I was watching for half an hour this afternoon and when flicking through channels or browsing the infobar for whats on other channels it would appear on every occassion, not for any more than 10 secs at a time but i'd rather it wasn't.

Will take a look into these swap files.

Had a play around tonightt for an hour.

I installed the swap files as per cactii instructions in another thread. I think general epg navigation has inproves slightly but overall perfotmance is still poor.

For example, from afresh. I switched onto 401 - sly sports 1. I then pressed ch+ to zap to 402 - sly sports 2 and counted 11seconds before it appeared same again with 403, 404 etc.

However if i then went back to 401 and switched to 402, 403 etc as before it now took around 3-4 secs to change channelss as these channels had been viewed previously.

Anyone got any ideas?

is the swapfile active if you go into vix to check,epg is now going to media hdd?have you powered the box of at rear since you had it?
any time on channel when i need to change up or down button [ ok] i go to that channel and press the ok button to change.

Last edited:
is the swapfile active if you go into vix to check,epg is now going to media hdd?have you powered the box of at rear since you had it?
any time on channel when i need to change up or down button [ ok] i go to that channel and press the ok button to change.

Hi mate. Yes it shows usb as active. It says
swap place: media/usb/swapfile

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 AM ----------

And yeah the box was completely powered off at the wall last night. Problems still there today

---------- Post Merged at 11:49 AM ----------

I installed OnDemand and TS Media just there and lots and lots of spinning vix. It's hardly ever off the screen :(

i meant you just to power it off for 20 secs then on and same with router,you may have got to much stuff loaded to box and for the moment i would delete on demand [ dont have that lol ] and tsmedia from plugins via red button,spinning vix yes the odd time not all the time,maybe epg gone to internal flash might have corrupted it.what firmware is on box menu-info-about??? maybe it needs reflashing with new vix image to start again.

i meant you just to power it off for 20 secs then on and same with router,you may have got to much stuff loaded to box and for the moment i would delete on demand [ dont have that lol ] and tsmedia from plugins via red button,spinning vix yes the odd time not all the time,maybe epg gone to internal flash might have corrupted it.what firmware is on box menu-info-about??? maybe it needs reflashing with new vix image to start again.

Both box and router went off overnight as i usually do to save electricity. Swap files etc were all checked prior to this. The spinning vix was still present prior to adding the plugins but i'll remove them again anyway.

I dont think ive ever had the epg on the internal flash. I installed it to usb per the guides. Unless you mean the basic now and next epg? Ive been getting the spinning vix since before adding the 7day epg as well.

checked firmware, its zeus 023 kernel 3.12.1

ts media and on demand will not cause this issue. if this problem is continious i would think about a fresh install of vix.

ts media and on demand will not cause this issue. if this problem is continious i would think about a fresh install of vix.

Yeah mate i think thats the next step. If that doesnt work then it'll be going back to the shop.

When reflashing is there anything that should be done differently from a first flash? Or can i simply follow the guides for initially flashing the box?

as you did not do first flash they did it for you,a new blank formatted usb,unsure if single or double folder setup need to recheck that.box powered off at rear before inserting or removing usb.
some vu boxes are usb fussy as cheap nasty chinese stuff they dont like.

As the title, guide how to flash MK / MaxDigitial XP1000 enigma 2 receiver.octagon newer model.

1) Format a USB stick FAT32.
2) Download your image and extract then copy the whole XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
3) Connect to rear USB port and power on.
4) Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH+ behind front flap.
5) Wait for the image to flash, during the procedure the standby button LED will appear purple.
6) Once complete the XP1000 will automatically reboot.

Last edited:
as you did not do first flash they did it for you,a new blank formatted usb,unsure if single or double folder setup need to recheck that.box powered off at rear before inserting or removing usb.
some vu boxes are usb fussy as cheap nasty chinese stuff they dont like.

As the title, guide how to flash MK / MaxDigitial XP1000 enigma 2 receiver.octagon newer model.

1) Format a USB stick FAT32.
2) Download your image and extract then copy the whole XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
3) Connect to rear USB port and power on.
4) Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH+ behind front flap.
5) Wait for the image to flash, during the procedure the standby button LED will appear purple.
6) Once complete the XP1000 will automatically reboot.

Seeks straightforward enough i think. What do you mean by single and doubke folders though?

Also will i need to install everything again afterwards, softcam, line, epg etc? Thanks mate.

Back