starview 7

My SV7 coming in a day or two, may be calling in here for help if it's not as simple as it should be???

J4V3D yes you can configure your SV7 box for wireless use.

You need a Wi-Fi Dongle/Bridge (do a search for Wi-Fi Dongle/Bridge in google).

You connect the dongle to your box after configuring it to your router via your pc first and then your good to go!

Lincsat (search google) is where i bought mine and he helps out alot too with setting up support).

I had problems connecting mine wirelessly initially but that was because i was slightly out of range from my box to my router so i moved the router a little closer and now the wireless works perfect! All channels, no wires, great box!!

I had to connect with an ethernet cable initially to set it up and after that i plugged the wireless dongle in and all works great now!

DMPORTRAIT you should definitely connect with an ethernet cable first (like I did) and then it will say 'connected' and all channels will appear and all IP Status settings will automatically be generated from your router. (you can buy a 20m ethernet cable for around £2.50 on ebay for test purposes). Then if it works with the ethernet cable you know it must be an issue with the wireless. i.e - out of range, interference from other networks, cctv, etc etc so you may just have to move your router closer.

Hope that helps guys Iv only just got mine working after a good few days of trauma so anything i can help out with i will!

Cheers.

Thanks for all the help you have provided.

But is till cannot make the box work, its displaying only 5 to 6 channels.

I have uplaoded the box with Carling 1.02 software and did exactly what was told in one of the post, but could not get the head around

I have got the USB attached to the box and ethernet on.

can you help what else i have to do.

Thanks for all the help you have provided.

But is till cannot make the box work, its displaying only 5 to 6 channels.

I have uplaoded the box with Carling 1.02 software and did exactly what was told in one of the post, but could not get the head around

I have got the USB attached to the box and ethernet on.

can you help what else i have to do.

Hi....follow the information on my previous post.

hi downloaded carling 1-02 onto my computer,do i just put it on a mem stick,then into the starview 7,and does the box have to be connected to the internet or just plugged in to put the firmware on thanks if anyone can help

J4V3D yes you can configure your SV7 box for wireless use.

You need a Wi-Fi Dongle/Bridge (do a search for Wi-Fi Dongle/Bridge in google).

You connect the dongle to your box after configuring it to your router via your pc first and then your good to go!

Lincsat (search google) is where i bought mine and he helps out alot too with setting up support).

I had problems connecting mine wirelessly initially but that was because i was slightly out of range from my box to my router so i moved the router a little closer and now the wireless works perfect! All channels, no wires, great box!!

I had to connect with an ethernet cable initially to set it up and after that i plugged the wireless dongle in and all works great now!

DMPORTRAIT you should definitely connect with an ethernet cable first (like I did) and then it will say 'connected' and all channels will appear and all IP Status settings will automatically be generated from your router. (you can buy a 20m ethernet cable for around £2.50 on ebay for test purposes). Then if it works with the ethernet cable you know it must be an issue with the wireless. i.e - out of range, interference from other networks, cctv, etc etc so you may just have to move your router closer.

Hope that helps guys Iv only just got mine working after a good few days of trauma so anything i can help out with i will!

Cheers.

thank you for the quality post, will definitely do my research on that wireless bridge tomorrow morning, too knackered now. thanks again. Good Night

I did the carling 1.2 update, It didn't change anything on my new box, it still said the same after v 1.01?. Yes put it on the flash drive at the back and follow the info with the file ( ie don't unplug it until its rebooted on its own).

I did it without being connected to the net. previous info said the update was the same as on the box if it was a new box.
I found the most Chanel's by letting it Auto scan at least twice (300+) and it will not unlock any locked channels unless your connected to the net (by wire) worked for me could not get the wifi to talk to it.

Also I found that the red locked logo didn't go away and you have to select the channel for it to show you the unlocked Chanel.

I cant get my box to unlock all just most of them. It will work just a real pain to get set up. Its not as good as my old voxbox thats for sure.

Has anyone got the info on whats unlocked and whats not (maybe send that info to me directly) please.

hi can someone help me please.....im looking at buying a starview boxbut havent a clue what to do with it and what i need to get it set up...do you plug the box into your tv or do you need another box to connect that one to..this tecnololgy is all new to me and i could really do with a teacher...i've tried reading the stuff you all put up but i'm hitting my head against a brick wall...if anyone can help i would be so gratefull......thanks :)

I take it your in Ireland by the Belfast454 your software for over there I think is Guinness not Carlton, find links to software by looking through the starview posts. put the down loaded software unzipped on a USB flash drive and stick it in the back of the starview , load the software by selecting USB from the menu on the box . DO NOT TAKE IT OUT until the system has rebooted. check its loaded from the system information in the menu options.
If you have the software already on or if you just loaded it go to the menu select install AUTO for the channels and do it at least twice.
Go to Network in the menu and set that to Auto or install it manually as per you network info on PC (auto was OK for me).
you will need to be connected to the net for it to unlock the selected channels and I could only get it to work by wire ( others say they got it to work via a wi fi dongle)

You don't need anything else connected no splitters nothing just the starview7. (I take it you have at some point had cable switched on by your provider)

Follow info backwoods though the posts for any more missing info on installing.

hi DMPortrait, yh i was on vm up until last week then got switched to nagra 3...so i only have to be connected to a pc then not to my cable ariel......gosh i am so thick at this lol...rite need to start buying a memory stick and modem cable...any advice on what stick to get..how much memory does it need etc.....thanks for the advice so far...i think im getting the jist of it lol......also does the starview 5 still work this way or is that dead

Last edited:
Got all the channels up and running. Thanks all.
Will provide all the details in regards to how to setup the box.

hello harvinder i'm having trouble setting up starviev, had it working fine for about 6 hours then it lost connection with router .now i cant get it to connect. tried everything could you please explain how you got it working please

i've done that lots of times even reset the router, still no joy.when i first connected the starview it all connected fine all channels working

Did you re try the Auto setup in the menu for network setup? if it will not auto set up the network info, it has to be the router , I take it your hot wired not wireless.

I also take it that you can still see the channels in the menu, its just not unlocking them.??.

You do know you have to select the channel to unlock it, it wont just show it to you in the menu window unless its been selected.

yes it is hot wired. i've tried 2 different routers. left it on auto setup and on scrambled channel all night. i think it must be the box

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

dont ask me how but its just stated working

Had my Starview7 for 5days now, set it up no problem, though just in time for the server to go down. but has been no bother.
I just cant get the HomeStreaming to work. just keep gettin ' Network error ..... 8000 '

Back