starview 7

StarView 7 and Routers

I would say they all should, if yours isnt , its probably the router address try manual network setup in the menu on the starview, Also has your address been setup in the starview? :)

i've tried manual settings. i wrote down the settings when it worked whet i set it up the first time.should it show up on the router lights, my computer can't see it either

router

Have you tried a direct connection to the modem,
reboot both modem & Starview.

will it work to test it without the router.? and reset to auto setup network on SV7

Answer to Starview 7 setup

Hi All,

As promised, find below set up details for Starview 7

Step 1:

Firstly you need to copy Carling 1.01/ 1.02 available on this site on to your USB and stick it back to your box.

Menu - Option -networks - net application - select type “Ustream(UK) or Istream(Ireland)

Step 2:

From the main menu go to Utility and then press the right arrow button and select usb
from the right hand side, you will see the Carling/Guinness file press ok on it and make sure to select SW+ALL DATA UPDATE..

Step 3:

The machine will update and restart (don't pull your memory stick out until the machine has fully started up);

You need to be sure that you connect splitter shown on top of the box (see the link) with the one which shows connection for internet for the receiver to scan the channels. The box should always be connected to the internet. Your ***gin cable wire
Should be connected as well.

Check websites available on internet for images of the box and the accessories associated with it such as wizzardsatellite and others

Sorry guys could not upload the pictures and the link.

Again go back to Menu and you will now need to scan your channels,
so go to installation press the right arrow button again and go down to AUTO CABLE SEARCH
all you need to change here is the symbol rate. The symbol rate determines your area for example N*l is 6887, the other numbers are 6952 for Telepe** and EXc&w.

When you have selected your area go to start scan.
once the scan has finished go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989" you will then see "Key edit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.

Then go to to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok.
Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears

If you still not receive the channels, switch off and on back again.
PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE a while so please be patient.

Router

Nothing special

I just used an old 10/100mb Belkin Network Switch (F505130-8).

its a Switch not a Router , maybe any hub will do the job try a cheap/old hub

My setup is

Starview 7 to Belkin 10/100 Network Switch, to Netgear Wireless-N Router (WNR2000) to VIRGIN MODEM. (I DONT USE THE WIRELESS SIDE) its hard wired all together Router to hub is about 100ft hub to starview is 12 ft

hope that helps.(y)

Please use the thanks or like buttons under a post.

Post deleted.

This is the second I've deleted now from you.

baught a hub now worked fine all last night, scrambled channels not working today even tho it shows connected. anybody else having trouble today.
sorry for not saying thank you, new to forums
thankd

Doesnt matter if you have other files etc on the usb stick. You can select the file when you are flashing the box.

Superb noelyf - thanks for a fast response.

I have the info how to set up, lan cable etc.
All I need now is the download but for some reason I am unable to download from this site even though this is now my second post.

Any help ?

SV 7 Latest Install Notes...

Hi Guys,

I have just sat down to follow the latest SV7 files posted on this site and it seems they do not match the menu options of the SDV 7 Lan box ( recd today ).

For example - when you go to
Option>Networks options are
IP Setup
Software Download
HomeStream Setup

Where do you state 'Ustream(UK)' as described in the current install notes.

Its also different under the following menu:
Utility>

I do not want to get this wrong and I am sure there are lots of others confused following the previous info on this site.

Any help much appreciated.

no picture on my new starview 7

hi there, got a new starview 7 the other week put the carling 1.03 software on it and it worked perfectly for 3 days then all of a sudden it just stopped there was no one near it there was no picture and it was making a crackling noise, we rebooted and there was no start up screen or anything that could be viewed. all the connections were fine then channels on the box were moving up and down with the control but hence nothing, i thought it could be a tuner problem or something needing repaired i returned it to whom i purchased it from, they ran a test on it they said and came back to me saying i had the wrong software in it and i have to pay £10 for fixing it and for delivery back is this possible because i am now dubious putting the software back in

Further to my last post - got it all up and running and using 1.03. Perfect in every way.
Yu can always check thge s/w version by going to system information within the menu.

wange13 other users have used the 1.03 FW and have not seen anyone posting problems like yours, totally up to you if you want to try putting the fw on your box again,

You did not download the FW from here, so up to you if you want to try the FW from here.

Further to my last post - got it all up and running and using 1.03. Perfect in every way.
Yu can always check thge s/w version by going to system information within the menu.

Thanks for posting back and letting us know your up and running ludoonak, glad your sorted (y)

Back