starview 7

i was told that i had the wrong software i got my software from the big maq, my box hasnt arrived back but i am trying the software from this site

Scratch----- what i wrote before..
My box is working fine. The bairn, had the remote, and must have pressed uhf or something on the remote.Thats why the screen was blank., oops

just got my sv7. gotta say pretty unimpressive so far, feels like a sky box from 1995 with only analogue outputs, expected more from a digital cable receiver. Will flash now and decide whether to keep it.

hi there, dont know if your sorted now? had a problem with mine @1st but sorted now. the signal coming into the house from the outside box on the wall MUST NOT BE SPLIT WITH A SPLITTER/ mine was and i coulnt get any channels etc. you have2 split inside the house for the feed to the box&modem but only after you do the main scan for channels. hope this helps you & anyone else who buys a sv7..cheers

hi just brought starveiw 7 downloaded firmware, but cannot get all the channels. any ideas?? couldnt watch the khan fight

hi just brought starveiw 7 downloaded firmware, but cannot get all the channels. any ideas?? couldnt watch the khan fight

starview didnt purchase the fight which meant no one got too watch it !!! just keep trying with the firmware etc and you should get 300 channels

Hi all, i have a SV7, its working all fine but i have no adult channels or BOXOFFICE PPV (scramble). Should i be able to get these channels? Do starview ever buy the PPV box office boxing etc? Thanks in advance.

if your box is showing ip at zero's then your ip is not set up, the same if its reading unconnected again you are not set up correctly?? .. also might be worth trying carling 1.02 firmware before loading 1.03, it also took me about 3 attempts before it would work, as for using wireless dongle well these play up at the best of times so not a great lover. there are further set up guides check under heading cable.......... good luck all

got a starview box it worked ok up until today i can only get free channels what could be wrong? if it needs software update then how often does this need to be done?

hi....firmwware required is carling 1.03 for the uk

load onto memory stick and insert into the back of the starview,,,
go through your menu on box and find the section that displays the usb submenu and click ok...everything on your usb stick will appear on screen...just press ok on the file and then sw update...box will flash the file and reboot..leave the usb stick in till the box has finished rebooting and the menu appears on screen....

now its time for installation...auto scan...auto..ok.(no need to put a specific symbol rate in)..
when finished go and check that bbc1 is working.....
if it is,now go and highlight accessory..do not press ok on it,just highlight and then press only once...8989...the keyedit will appear on the right submenu...goto it and make sure that the autoupdate section is all on...exit back to main menu and goto options and to network....now network application...select ustream...exit back one...network ip...make sure its all filled in..if not,you can press apply and exit out to main tv and it should open up all the closed channels..if ip is all filled in,dont press ok or save just exit back tonormal tv and select a non fta channel..should take no longer than 10-20 seconds usually and voila!all working...

p.s if you have tried loading or scanning prior to the above,factory default before following the above instructions.....

i apologise if i have wronged in some of the steps above,but i no longer use a starview so its all from the top of my head......regards

if you require any firmware for the starview 7,pm me your email addy and il send it to you...free!

hi did u find the fix to home streaming issue bcuz im havin same problem any info would b helpful thankx.

Translation:

Hello, Did you find the fix to home streaming issue because I am having the same problem, any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, i didn't know where to post but here it goes.. My expiry date is the 15th October, at what time will it expire? Will it expire on the 14th October at 23:59 or 15th October 23:59?

Back