Thinking of Jumping Ship From KV ? What to do next !!

Hi Bees,

Well, like a lot other unfortunates, I've lost my kryptview connection completley having had a lot of problems with it over the four years I've had it (had a much missed Eurovox before that) Looking to change it but can you pm me to suggest my best way forward on vm ie best box for around £100, and what 'server lines' mean? I'm trying to brush up my knowledge now that I'm making the plunge to chang my kview. Many thanks Bees (miraclebox looks ok but not a clue how to set up once purchased)

If you are looking for a real reliable box that gives you every channel and more !!and every movie channel +on demand go to ebay and purchase a MXQ box it is only £25.00!!!! and you will never look back cheer's TV Man

TV Man, the box you mention above , I have checked ebay :- New MXQ Quad Core Android TV Box Fully Loaded KODI (XBMC) Free Sport Movies WIFI..is this the box, I have virgin basic package, with this box you mention, do I need virgin, also do I need to load software on the box, thanks

Hi all,
I've been going through the threads since my A780 stopped working like the rest of the owners, I've now jumped the ship and have ordered a miraclebox mini+ hybrid.... Could someone please clarify whether I can record programmes if I install an HDD inside the box? Many thanks

Last edited:
yes box can have 3 tuners on cable if you wish or 2 cable and one sat =your choice

if you had 2 cable and wanted to record yes you can and if spare tuner was cable or sat view that one.
recordings come first and if you only have 2 tuners and in use you get a blank screen but can view recordings from internal hdd to pass the time.

both sat and cable tuners would need a separate line to work .

yes box can have 3 tuners on cable if you wish or 2 cable and one sat =your choice

if you had 2 cable and wanted to record yes you can and if spare tuner was cable or sat view that one.
recordings come first and if you only have 2 tuners and in use you get a blank screen but can view recordings from internal hdd to pass the time.

both sat and cable tuners would need a separate line to work .

Many thanks cactkid, I've since edited my question as I decided on impulse to go with miraclebox mini+ Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver instead of ET8000 (price being the main factor for the change of heart). Can I still record on this box if I install a HDD? Many thanks...

EDITED BY ADMIN, PLEASE DON'T POST LINKS TO SIMILAR FORUMS. ITS IN THE RULES - THANKS.

I was stuck between zgemma h.2 and the miracle box mini.. I don't have satellite so probably goin for miraclebox mini... Is the Firmware avaiable on here for miriclebox? I'm guessing it comes as a free view box and needs flashed?

Any help would be superb :)

buying the box from wos it will come with vix flashed if asked and get a 8gb kingston usb for flashing or for using for epg.

all vix images are got from the home of vix and available to anyone with an original receiver supported by vix.

Hi, to your question , no , all you need is a phone line into your place and you have broadband ,the mxq is already got the software in it and automatically updates itself it comes with ethernet and wi fi which it will pick up from your broadband

---------- Post Merged at 07:05 AM ----------

YEAH THAT IS THE SAME BOX(y)

Bees.. Great introduction.. thanks for sorting my box out and i wont mention the football in case you put a virus on it... !! 780 aint done yet.. Ted

ordered a miraclebox mini+ hybrid.... Could someone please clarify whether I can record programmes if I install an HDD inside

This is a single tuner cablebox. It will take an External Hdd, basically you can record but the box locks itself to that channel while recording
is taking place, if you want to record one channel and watch another you need a twin tuner of some description.

Healm should also check mx111 , night cost a little more but but has 2gb ram , mxq has 1 gb ram , I have both boxes but found mx111 run a lot quicker, both come loaded and ready to go ......

ordered a miraclebox mini+ hybrid.... Could someone please clarify whether I can record programmes if I install an HDD inside

This is a single tuner cablebox. It will take an External Hdd, basically you can record but the box locks itself to that channel while recording
is taking place, if you want to record one channel and watch another you need a twin tuner of some description.

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification; I've already ordered the miriclebox mini, so guess will stick with it now.

the handy thing about sat tv is repeats later at night and +1 hr timers and you can use viewing the hdd while recording other channel.

the handy thing about sat tv is repeats later at night and +1 hr timers and you can use viewing the hdd while recording other channel.

True that... thanks... can't wait to get my hand on the box now.... at least I'll be able to watch in HD again once it's all set up and get myself a cheap subscription...

Hello All,

Ive been having an interesting read of this site recently and was thinking of ordering a vu+solo2 setup with the vix image and sky skin. My question is the guy who im potenially buying from said the sports & movies in HD aren't accessable but the SD channels would be.

So my question is, is there abox/image which will allow me to recieve sly sports in HD?

I currently have a sly dish feed into my house (no sub) and vm broadband so i could go down either route for the most effictive box which gives me what im after.

Cheers fellas

Last edited:
I currently have a sly dish feed into my house (no sub) and vm broadband so i could go down either route

If you want HD channels you will have to go cable, don't expect HD back any time soon on sat

True, people also need to be aware that going with Sky you have the risk of the SD channels going off too in the future, more so than Virgin Media.

Sky Italia Cardsharing has been stopped since the 22nd of December, progress is being made apparently but screens are still blank. Just thought I would give people the heads up. If you have a choice of Virgin or Sky then Virgin is the way to go imo.

About to take the plunge and try these new boxes. If I buy 2 do I need 2 subs or will the one do me for both boxes used in the same house?

Back