Wooshbuild Support Thread

Zgemma h2s crashing due to high CPU Utilization

Hi,

Hope you are well.

I have a zgemma h2s with wooshbuild v5.

Recently I am getting bluescreen crash where it is unable to reboot after 10 seconds or even after hard reset.
Re-flash required each time, about 6 times in 2 days.

I initially thought it was caused by the external harddrive as is is quite old, but after removing that and flashing with micro sd instead, it crashed again after sometime with the same issue.(no reboot after 10 seconds and reflash required)

Yesterday I monitored it using Performance Monitor for JuiceSSH on Android (Handy AF).
I noticed the CPU Usage rise to 98 -99% and staying steady, not spiking.
I ssh'd in to the box and ran top and found that there were 2 processes that started 4 and a half hours after I reflashed called dd and they each were using 30% CPU, while the enigma2 process was at 66.7% and another process called rm was 16 minutes old and was at 21.7%, moment after running top the box crashed again.

Does anyone know what these dd and rm processes are?

Apart from flashing the only change I made on the box was enter the command to prevent the crossepg from auto updating.

Also note, on each crash the output to screen is different and I am unable to gather the logs as it will not boot without reflash.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Regards
brigal85

Last edited:
Hi brigal, it is nice to see a post with so much information. Although I cannot tell you what the processes are and you are deeper into the box than I ever go already, I have sent you a PM. It doesn't answer your questions as to why your box is crashing so much but as a possible try:

Only use a new usb device in the rear of the box
run the box without restoring any settings - except for adding your line
don't make any changes to anything or install any new plugins.

If it doesn't crash after those have been tried out you are looking at a plugin that has been installed, a device is causing the crashes, or any changes you have made - such as a command to stop crossepg updating. This is already done (or should be)

Thank you for your response.

Each time I have reflashed since the initial crash I did nothing but leave it as is.

I have ordered a new flash drive because I thought the issue was with the harddrive, so I will try that suggestion when it arrives.

What I have not tested is, on each reflash is the OS reinstalled or does the Linux OS remain untouched?
If untouched that could limit the issue the OS, and on the other hand, if it is reinstalled each time this issue could be with the box rather than the build causing the issue.

Regards
brigal85

Thank you for your response.

Each time I have reflashed since the initial crash I did nothing but leave it as is.

I have ordered a new flash drive because I thought the issue was with the harddrive, so I will try that suggestion when it arrives.

What I have not tested is, on each reflash is the OS reinstalled or does the Linux OS remain untouched?
If untouched that could limit the issue the OS, and on the other hand, if it is reinstalled each time this issue could be with the box rather than the build causing the issue.

Regards
brigal85

Just for the sake of completeness and a tidy thread, we discussed via PM and will be trying the OpenATV 6.0 version to see if that makes any difference to your setup.

For all channels bouquet in providers sky uk generate main bouquet yes (all channel) for itv I use north west Yorkshire custom that gives me ITV Yorkshire west if that isn't the region you want try other regions your area custom.

for time shift try

Menu
Setup
System
Rexording and timshift settings
Timeshift settings
Ensure timeshift location is showing: media/hdd/movie/timesshift
Autorecord is showing media/hdd/movie
if you want enable Autorecord (I recommend not doing so as this can slow your box as it constantly writes to your storage device)
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
(As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

Thanks - I sorted the 'All Channels' bouquet and made a mental note for next time that generate main bouquet means 'All Channels' :)

Sorted the region in ABM too - I have flashed WB a few times and it asks for your local region in the set up process - this normally automatically assigns the correct region in ABM but hasn't this time for some reason.

Still struggling with timeshift though... timeshift storage location is media/hdd/timeshift and autorecord is media/hdd/movie ... when I push the pause button, I get the red warning icon top right of screen.

These are my TS settings...

tbXSSdr.jpg

Yes you can install v5 on a 2s. Just follow the same guide as the h2s version but make sure you have the 2s basebuild

Unfortunately it is not working for me, I have my USB stick (the same stick I have use numerous times before on H2S's) I have downloaded the correct basebuild file and copied the zgemma folder with all its contents onto the USB stick however the box just boots, not flashes.

Can you think of anything to else? The 2s is currently running vix is there something else I need to do?

Have a look a couple of pages back and you will find a post I did yesterday with a link to a guide written by willo on how to setup a USB stick that isn't flashing.

BEFORE POSTING

Make sure you have followed , re-followed and re-read the WooshBuild setup instructions
Make sure you have been through the first 23 pages of this thread
Make sure you have searched the forum

Every day we have the same questions, every week we have pages full of the same questions and answers.

Please take 10 minutes to look for the answer to your question before posting it.

Things to remember:

Make sure you are running the latest version of WB Config - currently v1.039.
If you cannot see BBC1 - then something is wrong with your satellite cables or you have it plugged into the rong connection on the back.
Adding your line is covered by the WoosgBuild setup instructions
You line doesn't work - search the forum as it is very unlikely that WooshBuild is the issue.
EPG doesn't populate: Delete the EPG from the menu in WB Cofig and re-scan EPG.
IPTV Player is a third party plugin which we do not edit and have no control over. If something doesn't work with it, we cannot fix it - Select the big green down arrow from the icons and check for a new version.
Zgemma H2H - very little support is offered for it as we have no cable connection. Dsayers does do a great job of helping us with these box questions though. Thank you.

This thread is for supporting WooshBuild v5.xxx

Last edited:
Flash box with latest version of wooshbuild, but make sure you backup settings/timers and make sure you have a backup of your line.....just in case!! This was reported previously and flashing the latest version will fix it.........running latest software updates fixed it for me, but re-flash wooshbuild just to be safe is my recommendation.

Just done this and updated files. Pressing blue button causes box to still crash and restart! Any ideas why?

Just done this and updated files. Pressing blue button causes box to still crash and restart! Any ideas why?
Menu button -> Setup -> Software management -> Software update.

This is the same as using the blue button -> software update.
Give that a go. I don't know if OpenATV have made other changes, but this is what resolved it before.

Menu button -> Setup -> Software management -> Software update.

This is the same as using the blue button -> software update.
Give that a go. I don't know if OpenATV have made other changes, but this is what resolved it before.
Just tried this too. Box updates but if blue button pressed afterwards box crashes and restarts so looks like it is an OpenATV problem.

can you grab a screen shot please? If I remember, one crash screen said about bootlogoswapper, so you can remove that from plugins and see if that resolves it. The fact that there is no link with the blue button and bootlogoswapper makes it a head scratch!

can you grab a screen shot please? If I remember, one crash screen said about bootlogoswapper, so you can remove that from plugins and see if that resolves it. The fact that there is no link with the blue button and bootlogoswapper makes it a head scratch!
Redid software updates from Menu etc and problem now resolved. Blue button now working.

Sorry in advance, I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I have not been on here for a while, after the last upgrade or so of wooshbuild (which just gets better and better btw- covered in the sky Q skin wow)

I find that if I manually type in the channel number it takes me to a different channel, for example if I type in 101 for BBC 1 it takes me to 203, is this something that can be resolved in setting?

Regards
Russell

Zgemma h2s crashing due to high CPU Utilization

Hi,

Hope you are well.

I have a zgemma h2s with wooshbuild v5.

Recently I am getting bluescreen crash where it is unable to reboot after 10 seconds or even after hard reset.
Re-flash required each time, about 6 times in 2 days.

I initially thought it was caused by the external harddrive as is is quite old, but after removing that and flashing with micro sd instead, it crashed again after sometime with the same issue.(no reboot after 10 seconds and reflash required)

Yesterday I monitored it using Performance Monitor for JuiceSSH on Android (Handy AF).
I noticed the CPU Usage rise to 98 -99% and staying steady, not spiking.
I ssh'd in to the box and ran top and found that there were 2 processes that started 4 and a half hours after I reflashed called dd and they each were using 30% CPU, while the enigma2 process was at 66.7% and another process called rm was 16 minutes old and was at 21.7%, moment after running top the box crashed again.

Does anyone know what these dd and rm processes are?

Apart from flashing the only change I made on the box was enter the command to prevent the crossepg from auto updating.

Also note, on each crash the output to screen is different and I am unable to gather the logs as it will not boot without reflash.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Regards
brigal85

I have figured out my issue but have not figured out exactly why it caused the crash. Hope my response here saves someone else a headache.

Prior to me experiencing this issue I had been playing with getting access to the box via the Internet. Set up Dynamic DNS on my router and set port forwarding.

Because my attempt to gain access ovet the Internet failed I thought no more of it, but the next day I started to experience the crashing.

After multiple flashes, with different storage devices, build versions and lines loaded and not loaded I feared an issue with the box causing the crash.

Going though my checklist of what changes were made prior to experiencing the issue I came back to my router and realised that although I disabled the Dynamic DNS I never disabled the Port Forwarding.

I have now disabled the Port Forwarding and 48 hours later still no crash.

Hope this is helpful to anyone who may experience this issue in
future.

Note: My router is the Sky Fibre Hub (Black)

TLDR: If you experience crashing after setting up Port Forwarding requiring reflash, disable Port Forwarding.

Try this. Stick the usb in the back. Hold the power button on the front. While holding, power the box up at the back after 5 to 10 seconds let go of the power button on the front. See if it comes up with flash then. I did this on a 2s and worked. Worth a try.
Did this work for you??

Back