37.0 snr

i dont need a new lead as the cable i have got has got f connectors on so like i said to you about 10 posts ago if i get one of those connectors that scres on to the end of my cable and then pushes in to the back of my box will that sort it out

i dont need a new lead as the cable i have got has got f connectors on so like i said to you about 10 posts ago if i get one of those connectors that scres on to the end of my cable and then pushes in to the back of my box will that sort it out
Can you send a photo of the F connector you're using, not the cable, just the connector? - no.
That white cable you have there is for a Tivo box, it's got a screw fitting at the splitter end and a moulded coax/aeriel style connector at the other end for the Tivo box, these are no good for e2 boxes, they let in too much interference, using that cable with any amount of connectors will just make things worse, use the correct cable and the correct F connector screwed onto it and it will be fine

Can you send a photo of the F connector you're using, not the cable, just the connector? - no.
That white cable you have there is for a Tivo box, it's got a screw fitting at the splitter end and a moulded coax/aeriel style connector at the other end for the Tivo box, these are no good for e2 boxes, they let in too much interference, using that cable with any amount of connectors will just make things worse, use the correct cable and the correct F connector screwed onto it and it will be fine

That's fine, screw that on that cable and put it into the zgemma, that white plastic thing you posted yesterday is no good

That's fine, screw that on that cable and put it into the zgemma, that white plastic thing you posted yesterday is no good
38486iv just put the cable straight in to the box missing out the splitter and my signal is still 37 on the BBC channel do you have any more ideas please pal

Could I have some settings wrong on my box as I plugged my vm V6 box in and looked on there and it said srn 99

if you plug the cable coming from the wall straight into the back of the box, ie remove the splitter, and then check bbc1 SD what snr are you getting. You wont be able to check premium channels are your router will be disconnected.

if you bypassed the splitter and plugged the incoming vm cable into the box, what cable is feeding the router?
Are there other splitters in the setup?
the setup should be like this:

if you remove the splitter completely and put the single incoming vm feed cable into the box, then reboot the box, what's SNR then?
there's a possibility one of the outlets in the splitter isn't working as it should

That's what iv just tried but without restarting and it was still showing 37 could I be using the wrong net id or something like that

Tamworth Staffordshire b77 just outside Birmingham and iv checked that and it says don't need updating

Net Id's near you..
Walsall 40974
Lichfield 00015
Birmingham
Birmingham TW/C&W 41011
Birmingham TDN Trial 41022
Birmingham Trial BM01 40993
Birmingham Trial BM01 41008
Birmingham TDN 41015
Nuneaton 00016

press menu>setup>service searching>signal finder
what SNR are you getting in there?
I checked again with a restart and it was still 37 didn't make any difference what else can I do is there anything I can buy to boost it or would a new box make a difference

the router has good SNR and the box doesn't, you could try a signal booster but they're about £20 and it's not guaranteed to work in your case.
it could be a faulty tuner...is there any chance you could take it to someones house with VM and check it there?

Back