80cm motorised dish is to be installed soon need advise?

I want multi room upstairs and downstairs and the installer has told me anything on downstairs box can only be watched on upstairs box also.now what do I need to watch different channels? Thanks

why a motor dish? you only use a motor dish if you want 13e (hotbird) then turn back to 28.2 east uk sky ect

if you want muti room, you hook up feeds to the lnb and then wire then to boxes to watch channels on the SAME sat

so lets say you want 2 sky plus boxes, 2 feeds from upstairs and 2 feeds from downstairs to a 4 way lnb on dish

THATS IT

if you want to watch lets say sky it upstairs and sky uk downstairs, then you need 2 dishs

What type of box are you using with your dish ?

The cheapest setup is to buy 2 F5s boxes.

Put one down stairs and have an ethernet connection from your router to the box, plus single coax feed from sat dish.

Put one upstairs, use a pair of homeplugs to carry your internet signal upstairs, plus single coax feed from sat dish.

Find a server who allows multi room and you can run two boxes in the same house and only pay for one line.

Effectively you now have a twin tuner box, so if you want to record or watch a program on your bedroom box for example,
you could watch another program downstairs at the same time.

Just move the HDD between the boxes to watch recorded programs.

The boxes will have to use the same satellite though, hotbird or astra for example.

...if you want to watch lets say sky it upstairs and sky uk downstairs, then you need 2 dishs

You can always put a bracket on the dish & use more than 1 LNB with a DiSEqC switch. Then you can watch one satellite downstairs & a different one upstairs.

antonio12345...what box/boxes are you going to be using & what satellites are you wanting to watch?

Two fixed dishes with a DiSEqC switch and home plugs for the internet to both boxes.
It what i use at home

So you may need to get another line from your server for your third box
and one extra homeplug to carry the internet feed and a single coax feed to the box.

You should then have three TV's which all work independantly.

im thinking of using cloud box in front room and skybox upstairs will this be okay or do they have to be the same box?

thanks bees :)

Won't make any difference, the only thing is if you record on an F5s it probably
won't play on your cloud box, and vise versa, you would have to test them.

I don't know if this would be an issue for you.

i still want to know why you feel you need a motor dish? if you move the dish all the others will not be able to watch what they were

when i remove box out of upstairs room and keep the 1 in front room i can get more channels in front room i wanted motorised installed for future refrence just incase i need it its there :)

Satmanuk what satellite dish is required for bein sports (all Jazeera) ? Is it possible to get in UK? Manchester north west.
Thanks

Back