ET 8000 HD A few questions

joysleep1

I have a few questions that i am hoping you guys can answer.

So i purchased an xtrend 8000 receiver for my parents room to have some light viewing. The issue is that the ethernet cable that was going to provide the internet to the receiver is now going to be used for my new virgin media HUB to the router. I want to avoid using homeplug. Is there any DUAL band compatible USB wifi dongle that can work with this receiver. I would much rather use 5ghz network as its more stable in my house. I dont expect lightning speeds with the usb. Just network connection will do. I had a look at the drivers and there is a bunch of compatible ones but i got no idea what this means in which actual prodcut to purchase.

Next question is that i plan on moving my current 4tb hardrive and putting it into this receiver and i plan on getting a bigger one. Is there a size limit for my ultimo 4k receiver in what hardrive it will accept. I would like to get a 12tb in the future.

Last question is that i have around 3tb worth of data on my current one and i would like to transfer that into my new one when i get it. I plan to insert the hardrives into the receivers and then use SABMA (windows) to copy the whole lot which would take hours but i take it there is no faster or better way than this?

If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.

So i purchased an xtrend 8000 receiver for my parents room to have some light viewing. The issue is that the ethernet cable that was going to provide the internet to the receiver is now going to be used for my new virgin media HUB to the router. I want to avoid using homeplug.

Can't you purchase another ethernet cable from hub or router to the box?
There's about 4 ethernet ports on vm hub

So i purchased an xtrend 8000 receiver for my parents room to have some light viewing. The issue is that the ethernet cable that was going to provide the internet to the receiver is now going to be used for my new virgin media HUB to the router. I want to avoid using homeplug. Is there any DUAL band compatible USB wifi dongle that can work with this receiver. I would much rather use 5ghz network as its more stable in my house. I dont expect lightning speeds with the usb. Just network connection will do. I had a look at the drivers and there is a bunch of compatible ones but i got no idea what this means in which actual prodcut to purchase.

Next question is that i plan on moving my current 4tb hardrive and putting it into this receiver and i plan on getting a bigger one. Is there a size limit for my ultimo 4k receiver in what hardrive it will accept. I would like to get a 12tb in the future.

Last question is that i have around 3tb worth of data on my current one and i would like to transfer that into my new one when i get it. I plan to insert the hardrives into the receivers and then use SABMA (windows) to copy the whole lot which would take hours but i take it there is no faster or better way than this?

First of all what is the issue using TP Link home plugs as far more stable than using a wifi dongle if you can get the drivers to work with which ever one you decide on using.I use TP Links on an xtrend et 8500 and work perfectly fine.Other thing is why such big hard drives as a 1 TB gives a thousand hrs of TV alone which is nearly 7 weeks 24 hours a day recording.

First of all what is the issue using TP Link home plugs as far more stable than using a wifi dongle if you can get the drivers to work with which ever one you decide on using.I use TP Links on an xtrend et 8500 and work perfectly fine.Other thing is why such big hard drives as a 1 TB gives a thousand hrs of TV alone which is nearly 7 weeks 24 hours a day recording.

Yh i can do homeplug but i would just prefer no extra wires . Is there compatible dongle for these eniogma 2 receiers.

Also i would want a bigger HDD because i store loads of 4k movies that are large files.

The virgin hub will turn into modem only and the ports will become inactive.
Only reading this now,modem mode is only switching off the wifi and the lan ports should all still work,others have used a second better router that works.
No need for Wifi dongles if you can use wired.

Really,i heard when in modem only mode the router becomes non existent and the lan ports are automatically de-actiavted

How would it work if it was de-activated,unplugging or removing it will stop it.
Wifi on a laptop wont work in modem mode but will if other router containing wifi is added and lan cable connection

Back