Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

Loads of members come on Techkings asking which is the best box for IPTV.
Although people run IPTV on a enigma 2 box they are not the best boxes for IPTV for the simple reason the images were originally designed for sat and cable subs.

First of all let's start with some basics

Many people complain about there iptv constantly buffering or poor picture quality etc. However, this may not be the fault of your supplier specially if you are using a budget box. For the following reasons.
  • Cheap boxes will have a poor processor installed.
  • The ram installed will may not be large enough or of poor quality. However, you do not need huge amounts of ram to run IPTV. The most important things are the processor and good quality of on board EMMC memory.
The box considered the best on the market the Nvidia Shield only has 2GB of DDR4 in the TV version and 3GB of DDR4 on the pro version. It is the quality of the processor and on board EMMC memory that does the work.

Things you can do to make things run at their optimum performance.

• Turn off family settings with your ISP
  • Remove any unnecessary apps
  • Make sure you are using a wired connection
  • Clear cache on a regular basis
  • Restart your router once a week.
Budget boxes

These are normally anything under £50 for e.g firesticks, MXQ boxes etc. They will play iptv fine however, may not give the best user experience and due to extremely basic remotes and it may also take a while to load the epg etc. You may also find you will have to sideload quite a few of the apps required which can be a pain.

Mid range boxes

These are boxes like the formuler boxes which has its own dedicated iptv app called mytvonline which is excellent. You can also use google play store to download most apps. The only downside really is these boxes do come with a chunky control so it may be better to buy an air mouse. For the extra £30 or so if you can afford it I would buy a Z7+ rather than one of the above budget boxes. I would not buy the Formuler Z8 as you can purchase a high end box for a around £20 more.
I had much to learn from Mike's excellent review . However as I'm not a gamer I first bought Formuler Z8 about a year ago due to the recommendation of a M8.
I'm still using that box & have plugged a WD 2xTB hard drive which has been so reliable. This is to the extent I've recently bought another, this time a ' Z8 Pro' which apart from a somewhat awkward design/ layout of the buttons on the remote is excellent! But I'm gradually getting used to this design.
In summary I guess in the end you only gets for what you pays. Quality always rewards in the long run.
High End boxes

The best high box on the market is the new Nvidia Shield which is not only for IPTV you can play games, run your smart home gadgets use google assistant via the remote. It also has a 4k upscaling feature which no other android box has to my knowledge. Another High end box is the Buzz Box 4500 which like the formuler boxes has its own dedicated app. However, has not got the same amount of overall features as a Shield.

Best Streaming Device Under £70?
Hi, i've been looking at either the new firestick 4k max or the formuler z+ neo but can't decide which to get. If the firestick is better is there any point waiting for the newer one or should i just go for the standard 4k one. I'm open to looking at any other recommended boxes as well

Thanks

Best Streaming Device Under £70?
Hi, i've been looking at either the new firestick 4k max or the formuler z+ neo but can't decide which to get. If the firestick is better is there any point waiting for the newer one or should i just go for the standard 4k one. I'm open to looking at any other recommended boxes as well

Thanks
You would have a much better IPTV experience with the Formuler z+ neo and the built in Mol2 in my opinion.

Has anyone used a mecool km2 android box I'm looking into it, im struggling to find a decent IPTV box and not all that keen on firestick :sneaky:
The KM2 is a really good unit for IPTV.Tivimate works flawlessly on it and I've moved my Shield to the bedroom after 4 years as my daily driver.The KM2 does 4k Netflix so that was a game changer for me.
I'd highly recommend them

What is the best box out there for IPTV is the question? Ease if use, navigation with full remote control functions like a enigma2 box. HEVC channels compatible. The new z10 coming out soon. How does this compare with the likes of firstick 4k, nvidia shield, amazon cube, mag. All these are Android based systems so how would a latest sony Android tv fare against these?

Back