Aligning dish using signal finder

Just received my sat meter, I connected it to the receiver but the LEDs don’t even turn up
Is there an option in the receiver to make it send a voltage to the dish? I tried the switch on the back but it doesn’t do anything
B0FFA98C-3717-40C8-8891-4785209C1DD0.jpeg

I just measured the voltage on the receiver satellite input and it's 0.62V, while the meter needs 13-18V; is my receiver faulty?

Last edited:
you need to connect the other end to the lnb and have a sat channel on also
It doesn’t change anything; the scale is supposed to be lit when connected to the receiver, but it doesn’t
If I disconnect it and measure the output voltage I get less than 1V, even with a satellite channel on

It doesn’t change anything; the scale is supposed to be lit when connected to the receiver, but it doesn’t
If I disconnect it and measure the output voltage I get less than 1V, even with a satellite channel on
I have one myself,The cable going from the lnb goes into the side what says LNB and the other side what says Receiver goes to the box,you won't get a signal if there is no lnb connected to pick up a signal.

Oh, that doesn't look good. I hope you have the box turned on and some current tv channel is the default. There should be 13 or 18 VDC depending on the required polarity.

Oh, that doesn't look good. I hope you have the box turned on and some current tv channel is the default. There should be 13 or 18 VDC depending on the required polarity.

box turned on and sone tv channel on, no voltage

do I meed to return the receiver?

Check the tuner settings - LNB power supply, etc ...
There are advanced settings in ‘tuner configuration’ that I don’t understand but even selecting ‘advanced’ and selecting either 13V or 18V and switching back to a channel, nothing happens

E006B207-F391-4045-9BA6-16CED4F3E80A.jpeg

try rebooting the box with the sat meter connected and see if the lights turn on
im sure thats how i had to do it when i set mine up

Faulty l.n.b Port on the l.n.b or a faulty fly lead

I was receiving channels 1 week ago; now I’m just trying to point it at another satellite

how can the LNB be faulty if it’s the teceiver that has to provide the 13-18V?

by the way, it’s a shotgun cable and I’ve tried both of them (which means I HAVE tried a different port on the LNB)

Back