Aligning dish using signal finder

If the box was working on 28.2,then you put a channel list for 19.2 east on it and used a FTA channel to turn your dish too you would be watching 19.2 east now.You don't need the signal finder till you get the FTA channel showing.

Sorry but I didn’t know the signal finder was only for the fine tuning
However, trying to use it made me realise that the receiver isn’t outputting the right voltage, although people don’t seem to have a clear understanding on how this should work

Ahah, sorry if you have understanding problems

The question I asked is very simple, if people want to assume I asked other questions and answer what they want it’s not my problem
But it is your problem, you asked the question others have replied asking you questions trying to solve your problem but still you do not answer the ones that matter.

At least we now know what your problem is. You want to build a post count I just hope the mods close this thread to twart you as people on here are genuine and like to help. You are not genuine and should stop posting.

I know you are not interested in actually picking up 19east but I had to string you along and give you enough rope to hang yourself you have done that now so hope others wont be misled. I read your other threads as well and you use the same tactic. I'm sorry I tried to help you and hope others wont get caught out. I have reported you so hopefully you will get banned for wasting our time and your snide replies.

Last edited:
At least we now know what your problem is. You want to build a post count I just hope the mods close this thread to twart you as people on here are genuine and like to help. You are not genuine and should stop posting.

This really made me smile. Why would I want to increase my post count on techkings? Is there a prize or something?

I know you are not interested in actually picking up 19east but I had to string you along and give you enough rope to hang yourself you have done that now so hope others wont be misled. I read your other threads as well and you use the same tactic. I'm sorry I tried to help you and hope others wont get caught out. I have reported you so hopefully you will get banned for wasting our time and your snide replies.
If you had really read my other topic you would understand that my receiver only had a reception list for Hotbird 13E (and it was the only satellite I could select), while I was rightly attempting to scan channels on 28.2E, which is where my dish was pointed at
A useful answer was posted at post #20: I was missing satellites.xml, while some like you where still asking irrelevant questions like ‘where are you based’, ‘how big is your dish’
Sometime it’s better to resist the temptation to type something just for the sake of it and let others give genuine help
97717011-7932-4007-9E35-8FC9CD18D656.jpeg97717011-7932-4007-9E35-8FC9CD18D656.jpeg[/QUOTE]

ok it is called techkings but you been trying this since friday and you are still struggling with it...

that’s not entirely correct; I tried Friday (as explained in post #1), using the phone connected to OpenWebIf to check for reception, but I probably should have done it using a more stable feed like facetime or similar video call service

Then I bought this signal finder, thinking it would make things easier (I thought it would only look for the satellite selected on the receiver), but it turns out it’s just for fine tuning, so no good

However, since the signal finder doesn’t even turn up, I started wondering if the receiver had stopped working in the meantime

And my question became: when is the receiver supposed to provide 13-18V? Mine does not seem to do it

(I’ll ask a moderator to reset my post count if that makes someone feel better)

Update, I have removed Whoosbuild, reinstalled the standard OpenATV and now I have the correct voltage at the receiver input and the analog signal finder lights up! (Without fiddling with any advanced setting)

A buggy image was the problem, not the signal finder, not the receiver, not the cable, not the dish

Thanks god I didn’t get on the roof trying to align the dish as someone had suggested

Back