Aligning dish using signal finder

When you are say 28east and select a Horizontal channel then box will out 18v but thats just a jolt ie it switches polarity of lnb and same for vertical ie will push out 13v to change to vertical. It wont push out 13v or 18v continously for obvious reasons. Did you check the meter as I said above? Let me be the first to tell you that meter is rubbish. All that meter does is make a high pitched whine when it gets a signal, it does not tell you the satellite or the frequency etc. A proper sat meter will do everything do search for this one and it will explain difference.

GT MEDIA V8 Satellite Finder Meter Digital Satellite Signal

Take your box up to dish with monitor/receiver and it will work. You should realise that even if that signal finder works when you try 28east that wont help you with 19east there are too many satellites.

Have you anyone to watch the TV while you move dish?

When you are say 28east and select a Horizontal channel then box will out 18v but thats just a jolt ie it switches polarity of lnb and same for vertical ie will push out 13v to change to vertical. It wont push out 13v or 18v continously for obvious reasons. Did you check the meter as I said above? Let me be the first to tell you that meter is rubbish. All that meter does is make a high pitched whine when it gets a signal, it does not tell you the satellite or the frequency etc. A proper sat meter will do everything do search for this one and it will explain difference.

GT MEDIA V8 Satellite Finder Meter Digital Satellite Signal

Take your box up to dish with monitor/receiver and it will work. You should realise that even if that signal finder works when you try 28east that wont help you with 19east there are too many satellites.

Have you anyone to watch the TV while you move dish?

Ok, so if the voltage output is not supposed to be constant, there is no way the meter can actually be powered; I’ll return it

Did you try it on 28e as I suggested? You have me intrigued now and its a signal finder not a meter. Did it come with a manual and if I had ordered one I would have tried it on an existing and working sat.

Did you try it on 28e as I suggested? You have me intrigued now and its a signal finder not a meter. Did it come with a manual and if I had ordered one I would have tried it on an existing and working sat.
It’s this one

As you can see, he connects it and turns up (obviously his receiver is providing a constant DC voltage) and beeps even with the dish not aligned (provided the gain is adjusted)

OK I read back your posts and its apparent you don't have a clue what to do. It appears you are looking for a magic solution ie sat finder will move dish adjust elevation, tune in receiver and away you go.

The dish you have is FIXED ie it wont move from 28E. You don't know size of dish? And you have been asked this countless times in other posts. You are using shotgun cable which is rubbish and only good for 28east. So before I sign off this is what is what you have not answered.

1, Size of dish.

2. Have you changed elevation on dish.

3. Have you input BBC details to signal finder.

4. Have you configured tuner for 19e.

5. Can you see TV or have you someone to help.

6. Have you tested signal finder on 28east?

In other words I/we are wasting our time.

Last edited:
If you connect the satfinder direct to the zegemma box powerd off with the patch lead. Then add your sat feed ( lnb ), do all this at the back of your tv. Then power on the box. Once fully booted it may now light up and buzz. Then start a scan on 19 east. The sat finder will continue to buzz if it's working as the receiver seeks the channels. It wont find any, this will prove sat finder is working . Do same again with sat feed in box finder now to lnb reboot once the dish is roughly aligned,you need to start scan and leg it to the roof befor scan finishes rapid like. The quicker you get there the more time you will have to set it with the sat finder. Failing that use 2 mobile phones on facetime/whatsapp point one at the telly and view the other one at dish end.
Hope this helps you out
I think Rod Hull had the same problem you are experiencing.
Hope you have a better outcome. ......Paul

If you connect the satfinder direct to the zegemma box powerd off with the patch lead. Then add your sat feed ( lnb ), do all this at the back of your tv. Then power on the box. Once fully booted it may now light up and buzz. Then start a scan on 19 east. The sat finder will continue to buzz if it's working as the receiver seeks the channels. It wont find any, this will prove sat finder is working . Do same again with sat feed in box finder now to lnb reboot once the dish is roughly aligned,you need to start scan and leg it to the roof befor scan finishes rapid like. The quicker you get there the more time you will have to set it with the sat finder. Failing that use 2 mobile phones on facetime/whatsapp point one at the telly and view the other one at dish end.
Hope this helps you out
I think Rod Hull had the same problem you are experiencing.
Hope you have a better outcome. ......Paul

I just tried doing a scan (after rebooting) and the sat finder looks completely dead
I did another one without the sat finder disconnected but measuring the voltage at the receiver port and it’s roughly 0V

If you flip the back off the sat finder,comes off very easy. Were both ends have screw fittings .
Solder often breaks it will be clearly visible15970831963937450677975804127129.jpg

We dont even know if he has moved dish, adjusted elevation, configured tuner, etc I think this is a time waster building posts. In another thread he was scanning 13east on a dish aligned to 28east. Not a clue in my book.

Ahah, sorry if you have understanding problems

The question I asked is very simple, if people want to assume I asked other questions and answer what they want it’s not my problem

If the box was working on 28.2,then you put a channel list for 19.2 east on it and used a FTA channel to turn your dish too you would be watching 19.2 east now.You don't need the signal finder till you get the FTA channel showing.

Back