all VM channels gone off?

Yep all they really need to do is get rid of the movies and sports channels that remain and c/s is finished on VM.

Entertainment channels are crap anyway.
You can get sky one, living, etc on tivo or v6 boxes now on the basic vm packages anyway. It will end some day and we cant complain when and if it does, we have all saved a fortune and had it so good for so long.

You can get sky one, living, etc on tivo or v6 boxes now on the basic vm packages anyway. It will end some day and we cant complain when and if it does, we have all saved a fortune and had it so good for so long.

Ye your spot on there.

C/S was great.

I just wonder if those advertising everywhere and being greedy ruined it for everybody. Maybe if wasn't as known back then maybe sly and VM c/s would still be around in its original form.

Cable cache servers are all off.
Some local cards servers are working for now but considering vm know how to block it I can't see these lasting much longer.
You mentioned your port number for sat line, ask your provider for the port number for CWS lines, they change if using N or C lines
There are cache servers back up and running at least partially, but from what I have read some are still getting freezing but not sure if that's just on mgcamd or oscam as well.

Just realising, sky sports news and mix HD probably still clearing because virgin have gave so many channels for free during lockdown. Such as some kids channels too, could possibly go down the same route when things go back to normal
sky sports news and mix never did go the same way as the rest of the sport for some reason and I don't think VM would keep them nor the kids channels available to us during lockdown out of the kindness of their hearts. I personally think VM thought they had a way of stopping SD on C/S the other week without effecting official users of older boxes and didn't expect C/S to be able to get round it, especially so quickly, but I could be wrong.
Totally agree, it was never going to last forever and we've just got to be greatful that we are still getting most of the channels for peanuts a month.

We've had such a good run with this, surprised in 2020 we still got anything tbh so great for now.

Luckily i still get sky sports ME sd so hopefully that stays as long as it can because most prem games are shown on there anyways.

sky sports news and mix never did go the same way as the rest of the sport for some reason and I don't think VM would keep them nor the kids channels available to us during lockdown out of the kindness of their hearts. I personally think VM thought they had a way of stopping SD on C/S the other week without effecting official users of older boxes and didn't expect C/S to be able to get round it, especially so quickly, but I could be wrong.

Yes mate I know they were, but surely because on VM boxes they have gave the kids channels and ssn and mix for free during this pandemic then there could be a possibility of when this is over moving those channels to the newer caid? Just a thought lol

Isnt it easy enough for them to move remaining channels to the new encryption without affecting legit users?
no as the new encryption doesn't work on older boxes (those using cards). Not every vm user has updated to the Tivo or V6 boxes so it would mean VM turning off all customers still using the old boxes. I don't know how many that is but I am sure VM don't want to lose lots of customers

That's true.

Kinda silly question but then how can they close remaining channels without changing people to newer boxes?

Because didn't sly change to newer encryption their channels without the need of customers being forced to change boxes?

Yeah they sent letters out ages ago telling people of the upgrades etc but most people were moaning it was a forced upgrade to receive the new channels etc and i can imagine theres still a fair few old boxes in circulation

That's true.

Kinda silly question but then how can they close remaining channels without changing people to newer boxes?

Because didn't sly change to newer encryption their channels without the need of customers being forced to change boxes?
Customers where told last year that they needed to free upgrade to a V6 box if they wanted to keep sky sports before they went off. My provider also had a call telling him if he didn't upgrade to the V6 then his old boxes will stop working. Obviously to continue being a CS provider he had to stick with the old boxes otherwise his cards would stop working.

When c/s ends, how many will buy a legit Virgin sub? Very few, if any.
How many will take the cheapest broadband deal when their contract is up, rather than stick with VM to guarantee a TV connection? Rather more.
They will actually lose money I reckon.

Sky run a different system with the box becoming the customers property after 12 months, VM it always remains their property so if they change up anything customers need to be done for free. Sky it'll be at your cost or theirs if you haggle.

VM will probably put a few offers on when the sport comes back, sky sports for 6 months for £20-£25, give a minimum year contract and get the 2nd 6 months at about £40, a month, I think quite a lot of their customers would go for something like that as it would cover the rest of this season, plus all of next season, if it does not start too late, but it will have to be finished before next years Euro finals, Still be able to watch the rest of the season on Euro sats though, or iptv

Yeah its certainly going to be a cat and mouse game with offers thats for sure but they are gonna have to be good because theres so many people struggling with finances at the min and prioritise housing bills and food etc before anything else

What ever offers/deals they will have no doubt they will set what ever price they want because they know people will be craving for sports when its back.

VM like many even during this time are not here to help customers who I might add without cant survive themselves. They just want to make as much money as they can and not suffer any more losses due to the virus.

When c/s ends, how many will buy a legit Virgin sub? Very few, if any.
How many will take the cheapest broadband deal when their contract is up, rather than stick with VM to guarantee a TV connection? Rather more.
They will actually lose money I reckon.

I have seen 20 years of this, old dm200 on cable, that went, then Satellite, so another DM on enigma 1, so then a Duo2 with twin Satellite Tuner, news of that going, so banged in a dual VM tuner, box running full Sly & Virmin.. then Satellite encryption hit and that went to Sh*t, so just Virmin, Sky F1 went, so along came IPTV, so now, FV Satellite, nearly full cable & IPTV/vod..

Virmin will go this year, I expect in a few months... so dual IPTV... if IPTV gets closed like the attempt last year then thats it... unless something new comes along... had a good run..

Despite what happened with the software needed for IPTV last year it didn't kill iptv.actually made it stronger imo.

I can't see iptv really going like c/s has. Maybe that's just the optimist in me.

iptv will be tougher to stop.

it wasn't taken down, its just that 99.9% of servers relied on the delivery method ( xtream )

since that was taken down i now know of 3 different cms.

in effect it made it more widespread by busting xtream.

Back