all VM channels gone off?

I want this to just be a ploy by Virgin to get people to upgrade their boxes and when they find many don't they will change their mind BUT if that happens boy I will have egg on my face and will have to go into hiding lol.

View attachment 52381
tenor.gif

They will probably cut the caid data out of the stream during the night i'd imagine.
My card entitlements for my 3 vm ards are still set to work until 28th august though..... ha ha.

I'm already set up with my trusty old sat dish now. both boxes configured for freesat. cant believe theres over 150 channels on there that are totally free :grin:

They will probably cut the caid data out of the stream during the night i'd imagine.
My card entitlements for my 3 vm ards are still set to work until 28th august though..... ha ha.

I'm already set up with my trusty old sat dish now. both boxes configured for freesat. cant believe theres over 150 channels on there that are totally free :grin:
[/QUOTE

Loads of paid ones to if you have a decent box that can run cams

Sat doesn't use caid 1850.
The thing about cable is the actual wire carries everything and can't be stopped, short of them yanking it out of the cabinet physically.
Which means it's permanently live like the gas, leccy and water mains.
It will be sorted but not sure how long

Not sure 100% on how there setup but they are using a similar setup to how we have be going for years. 1 master server that deals to all customers the keys for each service.

It looks like they use a mac address to verify if services can be allowed. similar to old docsis 1 and 2 days. so maybe if we can clone a known legit subbed devices mac address and be in a different ubr we might be able to get access back but I'd imagine they will have a limited connections setup per mac and it will probably flag up them kinda attempts, making you stick out like a sore thumb so they can come knocking on your door.

What you need to think about is that vm cable is bi-directional so they can pinpoint anyone on their network at anytime. This is why we used to cut the talkback in the old samsung boxes with glitched cards.

I thought there was not much left on sky unless you have a motorised set up ?
Still worth having for what is available :mask: Most of the discovery-music-bt sports/racing/boxnation/Gold to name a few. Would not be with out mine to be honest ane just for bt alone pays for its self it a few weeks.

Saying that you can get a motorised dish setup for about £175.

As moshi said good to have a decent box

Back