all VM channels gone off?

If a week goes by and still not gone off, then VM would have some joke planned :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
The letter does say from 1st July, rather than ON 1st July so they could be having a joke on us. If you think about it it's gone in their favour already, most decent providers have not been selling lines for the last month because of the letter and many are going to be wary about starting up again because they know vm could pull the plug at any time so effectively VM have shut down a number of providers by doing very little.

The letter does say from 1st July, rather than ON 1st July so they could be having a joke on us. If you think about it it's gone in their favour already, most decent providers have not been selling lines for the last month because of the letter and many are going to be wary about starting up again because they know vm could pull the plug at any time so effectively VM have shut down a number of providers by doing very little.

Thats a very good point, didnt really think of that.

All of this could just be scare tactics and as you say its worked with less cable subs being sold.

BUT this is VM and just like sly they wont back down thats for sure.

Yeah we know its coming may as well have a laugh about it and enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

Lets just hope iptv has a nice run to compensate for the loss etc.

My provider sent me a reminder email a few weeks back asking for his £30. I replied telling him about the letter and potential switch off and he said he heard nothing about it and was turning my line off. Luckily I was sorted by someone on here in the meantime.

You would think branny, could have a change of heart and keep it on for us poor buggers, after all the guy's minted you'll never get to heaven Richard,,,, the rich are meant to give to the poor to see the kingdom of heaven.... Lolllllemoji_clapemoji_clap:sunglasses::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

My provider sent me a reminder email a few weeks back asking for his £30. I replied telling him about the letter and potential switch off and he said he heard nothing about it and was turning my line off. Luckily I was sorted by someone on here in the meantime.
if your provider was a cache server then he may not have seen the letter. odd that he just turned your line off though.

You would think branny, could have a change of heart and keep it on for us poor buggers, after all the guy's minted you'll never get to heaven Richard,,,, the rich are meant to give to the poor to see the kingdom of heaven.... Lolllllemoji_clapemoji_clap:sunglasses::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
but to be fair, he doesn't own virgin media, it's owned by Liberty Global, he just leases the Virgin Brand to them

what IF VM switch the new encryption on but allow the older software to run for some time to come with a slow culling of channels like Sky did... is that egg on face or not?

Just playing Devil's advocate as although letters have been sent out I haven't seen anything concreate yet that states old encryption will cease, is this whole thread based on assumption or has there been documentation to confirm our fears? It probably will end in the way many have suggested just thought I'd mix up the pot a little

I think it'll be like sly done, move the most important channels to the new encryption and leave some channels on the older encryption. Can't see it being a flick of the switch and they are all gone.

I can see VM helpline going in to overdrive as I'm sure there will be many not ready on D-day which is what made me wonder If VM have a backup plan like keeping the old system going for a while

I can see VM helpline going in to overdrive as I'm sure there will be many not ready on D-day which is what made me wonder If VM have a backup plan like keeping the old system going for a while
I was wondering the same thing, if VM have thousands of customers who have not upgraded yet, are they going to just turn them off ?

I was wondering the same thing, if VM have thousands of customers who have not upgraded yet, are they going to just turn them off ?
Short answer to that is probably no lol
Reason being probably 70 -80 % of the old boxes probably belong to pensioners who dont like change etc.
Sending a new box out for self installation is virtually impossible and most of them wont want a stranger in the house installing a new box because most of them will still be self isolating away from coronavirus etc.

Thats my theory anyway :ROFLMAO:

Back