all VM channels gone off?

Short answer to that is probably no lol
Reason being probably 70 -80 % of the old boxes probably belong to pensioners who dont like change etc.
Sending a new box out for self installation is virtually impossible and most of them wont want a stranger in the house installing a new box because most of them will still be self isolating away from coronavirus etc.

Thats my theory anyway :ROFLMAO:

So Virginmedia has roughly 3.4 million subscribers. Do you really think they give a crap about a few thousand people ( regardless of being a pensioner or not) that still have the old carded boxes that's costing them around £9 Billion per year in illegal dodgy tv boxes because of those said carded boxes???? Remove them few thousand people and their security problem is fixed for good...

For every 1 box they turn off now they'll gain another 100 subscribers. WIN WIN for them.

People got their head in the clouds. I got the cutoff letter of VM beginning of June and have spoke to them on the phone 3 times. All 3 different advisors said there is nothing I can do to keep my 3 non tivo boxes as their now at EOL and will be disconnected.

I seem to remember reading something that they have to offer the free channels 1-5 as part of their licensing agreement with the Government

tell that to scottish customers.
STV HD isn't free to view on cable boxes (and there is no SD version).

For every 1 box they turn off now they'll gain another 100 subscribers. WIN WIN for them.

But will they get that many or will VM just lose that sub and will people just go to iptv so lose lose maybe for them

But will they get that many or will VM just lose that sub and will people just go to iptv so lose lose maybe for them
4 out of the 10 people i've spoke to on the phone so far ( retired people from my list of many to talk to ) said they are now getting basic sky or vm in. So do the maths there. my sub to VM for my 4 boxes costs me £165 per month and am out of contract. they now losing me and getting another 4 people taking out basic subs at £55 per month for 18 months since they have upped the contracts just in time for the cut off. loss of £165 per month from me but gain of 220 per month from just 4 people i know. They already have a firestick with iptv and hate it going off and on all the time and remember they are pensioners so don't have patience to be putting vpns on and off and all the rest of that crap.

they already winning mate.

Perhaps they need a new provider then as i have got about 4 lines and i have very little going off but have tried a few so lets just wait and see what actually happens and i just sore sky for £29 a month so thats £120 a month against your £165 so plenty of options around so maybe winning maybe not as i said lets wait and see what happens :)

Many people won't got for IPTV for various reasons, ie sport is lagged or they can't get their head around installing/using IPTV etc and these people are likely to return to vm or sky in my opinion

Don't forget that you wont be tied down to VM broadband now, you can shop around and get it cheaper, and go IPTV for even less. So i think they will lose a lot of customers for their internet subscriptions.

I seem to remember reading something that they have to offer the free channels 1-5 as part of their licensing agreement with the Government
I don't receive channels 1-4 on my line for some reason (used to on the odd occasion, black now for months) 5 works though...

Don't forget that you wont be tied down to VM broadband now, you can shop around and get it cheaper, and go IPTV for even less. So i think they will lose a lot of customers for their internet subscriptions.

Im going with telecoms direct. used bt fibre and good service. £25 per month fibre optics 77 mbps down and 15 mbps up :grin:

I don't receive channels 1-4 on my line for some reason (used to on the odd occasion, black now for months) 5 works though...

that's your regional stuff that your provider will have blocked to prevent overloading the vm cards. if you go on your services page of the box you will see a long list of bbc1 itv c4. 2 of each will get signal. . one will be fta and the other is your regional one that needs to be decrypted with a card.

bbc 2 isnt fta i notice on vm feed though.

4 out of the 10 people i've spoke to on the phone so far ( retired people from my list of many to talk to ) said they are now getting basic sky or vm in. So do the maths there. my sub to VM for my 4 boxes costs me £165 per month and am out of contract. they now losing me and getting another 4 people taking out basic subs at £55 per month for 18 months since they have upped the contracts just in time for the cut off. loss of £165 per month from me but gain of 220 per month from just 4 people i know. They already have a firestick with iptv and hate it going off and on all the time and remember they are pensioners so don't have patience to be putting vpns on and off and all the rest of that crap.

they already winning mate.
You dont get loads of problems with iptv. You dont need a VPN. However, if you feel safer just set it to run on start up.

You dont get loads of problems with iptv. You dont need a VPN. However, if you feel safer just set it to run on start up.

I have access to 3 different iptv feeds and have issues on ll of them such as audi lag, random cut outs on channels and just normal channel downtime from the streamers themselves. all from from different providers too, (not a reseller panel like most of you use or buy) And with the EPL blackouts that are hitting hard to most big stable servers yes you need a vpn or a smaller isp. But majority of people stick to the big 5 isp so yes they need a vpn if they wanna use the best stable iptv providers at peak times. its not about safety, its about being able to actually connect to the iptv servers to use content.

Also most cheap vpn's which the normal punter will use £2 quid a month have a monthly data cap of 10gb so no i wouldn't recommend leaving it on for iptv. most people use hd streams and would use their 10gb up within a week. unless you use your own vpn and can monitor your data usage cap then i wouldn't do that.

On a different note, one of my 3 VM 1841 cards has been taking some strange EMM's this morning. i got 4 tiers expiring now on 2081 instead of 2020. I speculate that they wont cut us all off on the same date. I get the feeling that they will cut people off when their monthly bill is changed. In the letter they sent to me it said they will cancel the secondary box fee on my account. Thats not until end of july when they create a new bill. But im not sure how they work it out as the new bill generated last week shows the secondary box fees on there. With VM are you a month in arrears on bills? i know on credit history it does show as a credit agreement like a credit card and not a utility bill like sky.

And with the EPL blackouts that are hitting hard to most big stable servers yes you need a vpn or a smaller isp. But majority of people stick to the big 5 isp so yes they need a vpn if they wanna use the best stable iptv providers at peak times. its not about safety, its about being able to actually connect to the iptv servers to use content.

Sky is my ISP and I currently get my iptv from a reseller of what I assume is a pretty big iptv provider (I've seen the exact same service sold by other people) and can't remember the last time I needed to use a vpn... I think maybe once or twice in almost a year.

I have access to 3 different iptv feeds and have issues on ll of them such as audi lag, random cut outs on channels and just normal channel downtime from the streamers themselves. all from from different providers too, (not a reseller panel like most of you use or buy) And with the EPL blackouts that are hitting hard to most big stable servers yes you need a vpn or a smaller isp. But majority of people stick to the big 5 isp so yes they need a vpn if they wanna use the best stable iptv providers at peak times. its not about safety, its about being able to actually connect to the iptv servers to use content.

Also most cheap vpn's which the normal punter will use £2 quid a month have a monthly data cap of 10gb so no i wouldn't recommend leaving it on for iptv. most people use hd streams and would use their 10gb up within a week. unless you use your own vpn and can monitor your data usage cap then i wouldn't do that.

On a different note, one of my 3 VM 1841 cards has been taking some strange EMM's this morning. i got 4 tiers expiring now on 2081 instead of 2020. I speculate that they wont cut us all off on the same date. I get the feeling that they will cut people off when their monthly bill is changed. In the letter they sent to me it said they will cancel the secondary box fee on my account. Thats not until end of july when they create a new bill. But im not sure how they work it out as the new bill generated last week shows the secondary box fees on there. With VM are you a month in arrears on bills? i know on credit history it does show as a credit agreement like a credit card and not a utility bill like sky.
Never had to use vpn for iptv and I'm with sly as my isp provider so really you don't need vpn if with a stable provider and they know what there doing behind the scenes. Think vm works same as sly bill wise a month in areas that's why you have that 31 day cool down period as far as I'm aware that's why they always generate your last bill even tho you pay on a particular day of month

Personally I like to use a vpn, isps been known to throttle speeds when they can see large amounts of data. I have 350mbs so doesn't cause any problems when it's on

Personally I like to use a vpn, isps been known to throttle speeds when they can see large amounts of data. I have 350mbs so doesn't cause any problems when it's on

which ISPs would those be?
as you have 350Mbps then you are on Virgin, and they defintely don't throttle anything.

besides, IPTV would in no way be anywhere near "large amounts of data".

which ISPs would those be?
as you have 350Mbps then you are on Virgin, and they defintely don't throttle anything.

besides, IPTV would in no way be anywhere near "large amounts of data".
Pretty much most of them, pretty sure the worst offender was Vodafone. I am on virgin and definitely think their throttle their speeds. Also virgin aren't the only ones capable of speeds of 350mb, bt offer 900mb in my area too.
It's not just iptv though, it's Netflix, 4k content, multiple phones, laptops, gaming etc

Back