Amazon Firestick new OS Vega no more sideloading apps IPTV

Or if you just want a cheap chinse device get one of those gd1 color devices but either way people will need to put thete hand in there pockets I think. It just won't be worth the hassle.
Other options :

Gd1 color stick
Chrome stick
Buzz stick.
Use your smart tv

Or if you just want a cheap chinse device get one of those gd1 color devices but either way people will need to put thete hand in there pockets I think. It just won't be worth the hassle.
Other options :

Gd1 color stick
Chrome stick
Buzz stick.
Use your smart tv
Probably best to hang fire if you own a Fire TV until it actually happens to older fire devices

I'm over tonight so might try playing around with again. Off the top of my head I think I was able to ADB in through my phone but like you said ADB on the device was blocked.

You can theoretically change launchers with the "set-home-activity" adb command but without an ability to hook into the home button with an on-device adb method it's not a whole lot of use.
ADB was blocked for local
to clarify this only affects ADB requests made by apps on the FireTV, it doesn't affect ADB connections made from other devices, that's still working

And I think main app that is not available to install now is remote ADB shell

Currently, Fire OS 8 is the latest operating system based on AOSP, and the next version—Fire OS 9—could be based on Vega OS. This new OS might be made available with the newer versions of Amazon hardware such as upcoming Fire TV devices. However, this new software experience might not be extended to already existing devices. Nevertheless, the company is likely to continue supporting Fire OS 8-powered devices until their end of life.

If Amazons app store is based on Android
With new devices changing to Vega O.S How will they control the download versions of there apps

If Amazons app store is based on Android
With new devices changing to Vega O.S How will they control the download versions of there apps
With linux you can do pretty much do anything you want. You could in theory add playstore but obviously Google will not allow that.

Dealing with app versions will be no problem in reality. Might even give app devs even more income because you may have to buy a Amazon version of a app pretty much like Apple and Roku

Loss in sales on Amazon devices won't be much of an issue with them tbh.

Look at how much they make from Amazon online or Amazon music or prime aswel as selling for supermarkets. I don't think they'll be too concerned about loosing sales on devices plus people will still use them for official apps.

It's unlikely to effect current devices but maybe future devices

Loss in sales on Amazon devices won't be much of an issue with them tbh.

Look at how much they make from Amazon online or Amazon music or prime aswel as selling for supermarkets. I don't think they'll be too concerned about loosing sales on devices plus people will still use them for official apps.

It's unlikely to effect current devices but maybe future devices
Sixth, richest company in the world with a market cap of over 1.8 trillion dollars.
Don’t think they will be worrying about Firestick sales.

Not really interested in the companies status, as I said from the outset the changes aren't going to affect anyone with a current Fire device!
I think that's what the thread was about?

What ever bad press you mean it has not affected their market cap and share price at all last year or this year and that ultimately is all they care about.
It's when servers get caught they nearly always mention firesticks. At one time they where referring them to kodi devices when that was big.

I can't see them being able to change current OS. If they decide to goto another os current system may go without updates and future systems might get the new OS
Why? It's just a download. They will just not support the older firesticks I suppose.

Back