amiko lx800

beano2

hi all need a bit of help just got a amiko lx800 how to set it up ie load the portal setting
thanks
all

You give the provider your line I.D starting 00:1A:79 they give you a portal to enter. You enter portal press connect job done

did that provider i use for my fire stick gave me url i gave him mac put info, put url in the portal setting but wont connected see video on you tube so pressed 2822 on remote no joy no hair left to pull out

Yes but you havnt given your provider the right mac address if your using mytv app there will be a line I'd (mac address) that starts 00:1A:79 I use Amiko A6 box with mytv app nothing to do with portal it's the mac that's wrong have a look in account information

Strange as should be one that starts like I've posted are you using the mytv app as I'm 10 mins away from home and will look at my box which has same app

Probably a good time for my first post on the forum here, so hello to all :)

To confirm the MAC Address on the LX800 does start differently to the conventional 00:1A:79, it'll be something like 78:02:B2.... The MAC in the Portal Settings should match the MAC on the sticker on the underside of the box, you can use either one to pass to the provider providing they match, but if they do not match for any reason or if in doubt then always go with the MAC in Portal Settings, this is definitely the one the hardware will be using.

If you go to MYTV > Portal Settings > Portal 1 and scroll right to Server URL > OK then you can enter your providers URL here, needs to be in full format for example http://your.providers.url.com:25461/c <- This will of course be specific to your provider so get the info from them on what this needs to be, it is the same one they will use for MAG/Stalker type boxes.

Back