amiko lx800

Probably a good time for my first post on the forum here, so hello to all :)

To confirm the MAC Address on the LX800 does start differently to the conventional 00:1A:79, it'll be something like 78:02:B2.... The MAC in the Portal Settings should match the MAC on the sticker on the underside of the box, you can use either one to pass to the provider providing they match, but if they do not match for any reason or if in doubt then always go with the MAC in Portal Settings, this is definitely the one the hardware will be using.

If you go to MYTV > Portal Settings > Portal 1 and scroll right to Server URL > OK then you can enter your providers URL here, needs to be in full format for example http://your.providers.url.com:25461/c <- This will of course be specific to your provider so get the info from them on what this needs to be, it is the same one they will use for MAG/Stalker type boxes.
Wow never knew that you would think they start like others which would be as I've mentioned but learn something new everyday so I do apologise @beano2 I was going by what mytvonline uses and the conventional mac addresses @AmikoUK thanks for the heads up

hi thanks for that thats that is what i have done then press 2822 on remote then box ask do you want to upgrade press ok go back box login success go to live tv no good then tried vod error same when i click series

Yep so the entering of the 'fast code' basically saves you having to type in the Server URL, simple code entry and you get the message like you say 'Do you want to upgrade?', click OK and it'll download and enter the server URL(s), it will also *** them out so they are hidden, if you want to reveal what they are then while in Portal Settings menu press 2580 and you can see them in clear text, if you want to *** them again then the same 2580 hides them.

On your Portal1 below the URL, MAC Address and Auto Start settings there should be another message, something like 'Login success!', do you see that message?

hi pressed 2580 and can see info auto start is yes at the bottom it login success but go to me my tv go select tv series or live tv vod nothing please check network connection but box is on line go you-tube bang its there

Yep OK that all sounds fine to me in terms of everything your side is working OK so sounds like a provider issue. I won't always be able to do this but as it happens I know the guys fairly well based on the fast code you have been using so what I can do is if you send send me a private message with your full MAC address from the LX800 (don't post in the open forum) then I will have them check it out for you, see if they can spot a problem of any kind.

I've just sent you a message, I think that's how it works on here, hopefully you should see the notification somewhere and can reply to that.

Where the envelope is at top of screen will have a red no1 and to send click on members avatar and click on start conversation

hi guys looks like am having the same problem as beano i also notic my server url changes to 686.6866**.info:8880/c but login success stil there ? soon as i go onto live t.v nothing is coming up????

Last edited:
There seems to have been some confusion of typing in a 'Fast Code' rather than inputting your provider URL manually. Basically a Fast Code is unique to a provider for their URL(s) to import rather than you have to type them in manually, it works great BUT it's no good just entering a Fast Code that is nothing do with your provider otherwise it's going to do exactly like you described above and add or over write with a URL that's got nothing to do with your provider, so it's never going to work that way....

In short unless you provider has specifically told you to enter a Fast Code on the LX800 for their service then don't! Enter your providers supplied URL manually, do not go near typing in a Fast Code, forget they exist! The URL format type you want from your provider is the MAG/Stalker type URL and you of course must make sure your provider adds the LX800 mac address on to their system otherwise it's not going to work either.

Just to clarify with beano2, he was entering a Fast Code that was not at all related to his provider hence the wrong URL being added, So that means he entered his providers URL manually BUT in his specific case this was also a problem because the providers URL was not working either! If you enter the link in a standard web browser then you would generally expect to see the Stalker portal and something like STB Blocked or Invalid or something, it proves it's at least 'live' though, I checked myself this end the and URL was timing out, I also pinged the domain name and it returned 100% packet loss, so basically in his specific case it was never going to work, his providers server is either offline or probably more likely is it's just an old or incorrect URL or needs updating from the providers side. In short, it wasn't an LX800 issue of any kind, would be the same on anything, MAG, A6, LX800 etc.

What is it with this box? Straight out of the package it's not working and despite entering things as per Amiko's advice it does not connect to the portal.
Entered the portal1. Server Url etc.
It has space for user/pass but as this is stalker this is not used?
Just said login failed but mac is correct.

Tried another portal and it connected. Went to a channel (bbc1) and it's frozen up.
Buy cheap pay twice or I am just unlucky? :)
Jury out on this box for now.

Last edited:
What is it with this box? Straight out of the package it's not working and despite entering things as per Amiko's advice it does not connect to the portal.
Entered the portal1. Server Url etc.
It has space for user/pass but as this is stalker this is not used?
Just said login failed but mac is correct.

Tried another portal and it connected. Went to a channel (bbc1) and it's frozen up.
Buy cheap pay twice or I am just unlucky? :)
Jury out on this box for now.
Amiko are rock solid devices and been around a long time

Amiko are rock solid devices and been around a long time
Do you own an LX800 mate?
This things audio is out of sync on a number of HD channels. I've googled it and noticed It's not an isolated issue.
It does not connect to any providers on the new XUI iptv panel either by the looks either.

This things audio is out of sync on a number of HD channels. I've googled it and noticed It's not an isolated issue.
It does not connect to any providers on the new XUI iptv panel either by the looks either.
The LX800 is the lower end of the amiko and yes i have owned one and never had issues.More down to your provider i would say than the box

The LX800 is the lower end of the amiko and yes i have owned one and never had issues.
I've got some A6n with mytvonline too but this LX800 seems really poor. I am sure it's very similar inside to the Octagon SX88. The Octagons I've found to be rock solid with very regular FW updates. I had my doubts over the Amiko and I think this proving to be correct.
I've updated the FW but still the same.
Can't give this to family as it's just not built for it in my view.

The XUI iptv panels are the worst around and have their own software issues. Only good feature on those you can change a mac code to user/password

I've got some A6n with mytvonline too but this LX800 seems really poor. I am sure it's very similar inside to the Octagon SX88. The Octagons I've found to be rock solid with very regular FW updates. I had my doubts over the Amiko and I think this proving to be correct.
I've updated the FW but still the same.
Can't give this to family as it's just not built for it in my view.
The A6n models are a big step up from the lx800 which is the budget version of amiko. Your panel will be the issue

The XUI iptv panels are the worst around and have their own software issues. Only good feature on those you can change a mac code to user/password

The A6n models are a big step up from the lx800 which is the budget version of amiko. Your panel will be the issue
Yes the new XUI can change to user/pass but often it changes it to something with 20 character's per user/pass lol.
XUI has issues, but it is a tad more secure than anything else on the market as we speak.
I've tested this box on a non XUI and it's crashing like no tomorrow sadly. Audio lip sync is also evident.

Back