Another IPTV Shutdown - Police Logging IP's

i will weigh in with my point of view. the way to go is to allow no m3us. allow only server linked apps only.

i think it's a little misguided to think that only allowing "server linked apps" will protect anything.
if someone really wants to know the source IP of a stream then they can get it quite easily using the many tools available - wireshark for example.

not allowing m3u's will put off the amateur, but it won't put off those that are determined to do it.
it's the equivalent of removing the number off the front of your house - the house is still there and can be seen any anyone.

i think it's a little misguided to think that only allowing "server linked apps" will protect anything.
if someone really wants to know the source IP of a stream then they can get it quite easily using the many tools available - wireshark for example.

not allowing m3u's will put off the amateur, but it won't put off those that are determined to do it.
it's the equivalent of removing the number off the front of your house - the house is still there and can be seen any anyone.

I don't think those who just want to leak lines out of spite or sky agents have the know how on how to obtain information from locked down apps, don't get me wrong it's not mega difficult. I reckon they want the low hanging fruit and in this case it's m3u lines.

Correct.
Which of these does anyone think is going to be a priority for any/every police commissioner in UK?
Murder
County Lines drug cartels
Violence
Rape/sex crime
Race/hate crime
Vehicle crime
Street crime/robberies
Watching emmerdale farm illegally
the main priority for police seems to be catching speeding drivers to get some revenue

Vpn wouldn't protect you if the Feds have the domain which is supposedly what they have.
Its not an isp block like with epl
They've seized control of his/there servers. They will be a log of ip addresses and some probably will have been vpn but that's not to say vpn wasn't used constantly
a vpn provided by a third party who keeps no logs would be almost impossible to trace. the iptv providers logs would only show the fake ( vpn provided) ip address. so they wouldnt get you that way.

The police don't care about Joe Bloggs streaming in reality. I think they have realised their mistakes from the war on drugs. That street corner dealer or user ain't going to lead them to Pablo Escobar and others will just take their place so it's futile.

Surely worst case would be to hide the server behind a vpn, or would that cause too many stability issues

Back